Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)

This is due to the fact that the configured weather interval is appended to the entity-id. This makes it possible to add more than one station with the same station-id but with different forecast intervals. I just released a new version, which appends the weather interval only if it is different from the standard value 24 hours.

What is required to make this a stock weather Integration for Home Assistant, so it becomes part of future HA versions?

Not that much as far as I know. But to be restricted to HA releases to implement updates was a dealbreaker for me. What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

I prefer lean software distributions, that’s why I use Home Assistant Container oder HA OS. No supervisor, no HACS and a custom component is also a “Fremdkörper”.

Btw: AFAIK Home Assistant just merges available releases into it’s release versions. And they release frequently. Probably the custom component needs to pass an additionally test cycle and a documentaton update, but I am not sure about this.

Yes, me too. Maybe the integration is now mature enough and it don’t need frequent updates.

@all: Are there any other opinions?

@m0wlheld: Are you willing to assist with this?

Willing - yes. Capable - maybe. Still a programmer, but no experience with Python. Guess it’s more a formal process, I will scan the HA developer guidelines.

Thanks, I will do the same. Maybe we discuss this further on a Github Page?

Everyone who is interested to help is hereby invited to join the progress.

As the interest in this is limited, I’ll stay for now with the HACS approach. This also grants me more freedom in further developing of the integration.

1 Like

@FL550 thanks for the beta. I am currently using it and I am encountering the following issue. I am not sure if its a bug related to the beta changes or not.

The hourly weather looks buggy to me, it displays a “partly cloudy” icon, but its state (and the daily state) says “sunny”. The same goes for a friend of mine (different location).

Hey, you are right. Sorry for the late reply. There was an error in the implementation of the new condition finding algorithm which forced the hourly value on sunny days to partlycloudy. I fixed this with a new release. So thanks for the error report!

By the way: How are the conditions working for you other than the previous error? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick fix! This has definitely changed something. Before it was always partly cloudy, now I can see cloudy in a few hours.
Unfortunately there could be still something weird:

Other than that I had no issues with the beta and for me the weather conditions are working great :+1:t3:
Good work!

Thanks for the feedback.

For your new found issue: I am not sure if the icon is intended to reflect the actual state. The state values I use are exactly the ones proposed by HA.

1 Like

Hi,
I’d like to have the DWD integration.
So i installed/added the repository through HACS.
Afterwards I expected to find a new integration type in the add integration on home assistant.
However it is missing.
Any idea what could be wrong?
So far my google searches did not bring up something that seemed to be relevant to me.

KR Thomas

Seems I had to wait for some hours …
The 2 restarts I had done before writing my initital post earlier were not sufficient.

@FaserF : Hi,
How you have created hourly forecast? I cannot find the option in any available weather card working with DWD data…
Can you share the card (or code) if it is not easy to tell?
Thanks!

Just add a new integration, search for DWD and then edit the hours to 1 in forecast interval.

1 Like

Thanks - this was I was looking for!

Hi,

somebody have an idea how to add the wind_speed, wind_gusts and wind_direction to the forecast card? Using the custom bramkragten card, here values could be added inside - if existing…

Woud be really nice to have it… Thanks!

SOLVED!
@FL550 - Thanks for the update!
Now the wind_speed, wind_gusts and wind_bearing is included in hourly and daily entities !

Great job!

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the update on Dwd integration, kudos!
I wanted to ask why my weather map does not show the predicted amount of precipitation? Through the 2022.7 update you can change the units, because I would like to get the rain displayed in mm.

I do not get a selection to display the precipitation in the weather map. How i can make it possible?