Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD)

Hello, I am not sure what the specific issue is. Can you please provide some more informations? For example some screenshots?

Thanks for your help @FL550 So I hope you can do more with it, sorry, I hope you understand what I mean, I want to display the rain amounts to the left of the mm data even if no rain is reported= 0mm.

Do I need another weather map possibly?

Would be really cool, I’m still missing, otherwise you have a top integration!

Ok, I see. Unfortunately there is no function for the current precipitation only for the forecast: Weather Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs

You can get the current precipitation sum, if you read the first forecast item which contains all current values.

Hi,

any chance that the integration broke due to recent 2022.11?
Since the upgrade I get:

> Logger: homeassistant.setup
> Source: setup.py:192
> First occurred: 19:43:50 (1 occurrences)
> Last logged: 19:43:50
> 
> Setup failed for custom integration dwd_weather: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'markdownify' from 'markdownify' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/markdownify/__init__.py)

Thanks!

Hm, I use markdownify to generate the weather report text. But as far as I can see, there was no update for this package, which might cause this error. Can you please confirm this issue persists after a restart?

Yes, restarted at 6pm. Same.

I can remove and reinstall, eventually that resolves it.

2022-11-07 18:01:20.304 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration dwd_weather: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'markdownify' from 'markdownify' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/markdownify/__init__.py)

In the New Homeassistant Version 2023-09 a hint is given which state the Integration has an old prediction attribute. Can you solve that?

Hi community,

I’m trying to use a temperature value from DWD hourly forecast in a sensor template.
The sensor should show the forecasted temperature in 3 hours.
Unfortunatley I can only see the values in the dashboard, but I cannot find them in the attributes of the DWD sensors. Can I access the hourly forecast values somehow?

Thanks a lot!

Is the hint still there?

Have you activated the temperature sensor and can you see the values in the developer tools?

1 Like

No it is solved, thank you :clap:

Hello, this integration is awesome, the precipitation radar is amazing, didn’t even know it was possible to pull this over the DWD API…

One question: was anyone able to built a forecast chart of temperature with this integration?

Do you receive any errors during setup? The max temp for the day is included.

No, I mean the forecast card does not include any graph. I would like a graph of the hourly forecasted temperature over the next days. Unless I missed something obvious?