Devi Smart

Hello.
Please post all updates. I have 4 not so smart thermostats for every zone and their app is not comfortable to use and not realizes all that I want.
API is good idea. I hope Danfoss opens it

Sorry for bad English)

Anybody experienced with writing integrations? A guy in the OpenHAB community has broken the code, and as far as I see, we ‘only’ have to write an integration that uses his opensdg-library.

1 Like

Anybody experienced writing integrations?

The library that implements the protocol is written in C and in Java. Ideally, there should be a library in python.
I’d also like to see first-class support for DEVI devices, but that’s a bit advanced and I don’t have devices to test anything.
I’m considering buying those thermostats, but they are a bit pricey and no Home Assistant integration (no support for external control at all) isn’t convincing me.

1 Like

Java library (jar) can be proxy for command line sensor, for example, and HA can work with it. For example, I work this way with microtik API written on java. It works.

Light layer and API on java, when there are no python libraries for integrations I suggested to make interlayer that will easily allow you to run java in the home assistant

Any news about this? Planning to replace all floor heating thermostat in a house in norway and have been trying to find a thermostat that is compatible with norwegian standards and also compatible with home assistant and so far i haven’t found a good candidate. This looks really promising so I really hope it can work with home assistant at some point.

I wrote to Devi and they do not release the protocol nor do they have plans to add Z-Wave or any other HA compatible protocol at the moment. So as it stands: it needs to be hacked to get it to work.

1 Like

Have a look at Ebeco EB-Therm 500 with WiFi module. It integrates with HA.

1 Like

I must have missed Ebeco. Those looks great, thanks! I’m still pretty new to home assistant, but I suppose it’s this one then: https://github.com/joggs/home_assistant_ebeco?

Has someone been able to make Devi Smart Thermostat work with ha or at least run a service that can talk to their cloud?

I have been reading DEVIComm and DEVIReg Smart thermostat binding - Add-ons - openHAB Community which were both pointed out above, but I have had no luck so far.

It is quite funny to call a Thermostat smart if you cannot even know how often and for how long it has been on or off. An API or a ha integration would solve this issue really well.

Their support is cloud one, not local. It’s better then nothing of course but not perfect.

1 Like

Is there any news here? Has anyone found a way to integrate the thermostats?

I have contacted the manufacturer and asked if anything else is planned in the future in the direction of the interface. The answer is unfortunately very clear :confused:

“There will be no interface adaptation for other smart home systems for the DEVIreg Smart.”

2 Likes

I have my Danfoss Icon (similar protocol to Devi Smart) system running successfully in OpenHAB; was thinking about porting this to HA, is there interest in this?

7 Likes

Absolutely :smiley: They are the only device I miss controlling via Home Assistant.

Yes, please :pray:

Very interested aswell :slight_smile:

YES - very much appreciated!

Please, that would be fantastic!