Devi Smart

Sorry, holidays were a busy period - porting the java code just seems to work; I am now going with the idea of running the java api-client in a side-container. Any experienced HA devs willing to think along what would be the best way to do this (MQTT/HTTP/etc)?

3 Likes

It would be so awesome if you are able to make a integration for the devireg thermostats! I installed those a few years ago as the maker had indicated they would implement integrations towards other smarhome solutions than their own. But lately communicated that they wontā€¦

So, I even started to consider replacing all my thermostats(againā€¦) but this thread is giving me hope that I will be able to make my deviregs integrated to HA!

Keep up the good work!

I have set up OpenHab for the single purpose of DeviReg integration with Home Assistant, ang got it to work (Temp Status). OpenHab is a bit of confusing if you are new to it. OpenHab ekspose the DeviReg thermostats over HomeKit Integration.
I have followed this - DEVIReg Smart thermostat binding - #231 by Aske_Christiansen - Add-ons - openHAB Community)
If there are interest, I can summarize the steps i have done. Tested on RaspPI and Ubuntu for OpenHab Install.

hey, it would be great to get your steps summarized on how you installed it on RaspPI.

thx

First I followed the guide from OpenHab to install OpenHab on linux. - openHAB on Linux | openHAB
Prerequisite for installing OpenHab 3.x is Java v11. OpenHab 4.x Zulu or Java 17.

#Installation

At this point OpenHab should be reachable on http://yourip:8080 and Danfoss Bindings at http://yourip:8080/danfoss/

From your Phone (worked only on Android, tried both iOS and Android) , open the Devireg app, from settings click on share house, you will get a code that you put in to the Danfoss : http://yourip:8080/danfoss/

Make sure to install the HomeKit Add-ons and share your Thermostat Items.
From HomeAssistiant integrate the HomeKit controller.
Now I have full control over the DeviReg thermostats in Home Assistant.

9 Likes

@KingKongKent thank you for making this instruction, awesome!

Looking forward to when someone will be able to make the integration directly in HA, but this is a great start.

So, are you running two RPI, one for HA and another for OpenHAB?

@ugglas - Iā€™m running HomeAssistant on a EXSI as a VM. I have a RasPi that I use for Pihole. Installed OpenHab on that RasPi.

Thank you very much for this guide! I set up separate RPi for OpenHAB and with integration OH to HA successfully integrated my thermostats. I appreciate you for this, you saved my day! :slight_smile:

I done everything like in this topic (in openHAB), but HA still can not see / find / pair HomeKit Controller for Devi. Any help? Where to look - in Home Assistant or OpenHAB?

Is any progress with installation to Home Assistant? Tried to make it via OpenHAB - no sucsess.

@KingKongKent thx again for the detailed how to.
Finally I made it to give it a try but Iā€™m stuck after adding the devi things to the danfoss binding in Openhab.
You the wrote: ā€œMake sure to install the HomeKit Bindings and share your Thermostat Items.ā€
How do I get those things in Openhab add to the homekit bridge so HA can discover it?

thx & br

For HA to discover the devices you need to install the HomeKit Add-on in OpenHab.
When configured correctly in OpenHab, HA should se the HomeKit Devices.

There is an update to the Openhab Danfoss binding that broke temp reporting in OpenHab 4.x -
If you are running OpenHab 4.x replace the last line in my guide with
wget https://github.com/Sonic-Amiga/org.openhab.binding.devireg/releases/download/3.1-pre2-oh4/org.openhab.binding.danfoss-4.0.2.jar

Can you help with configuration in openHAB for HomeKit and devismart. Iā€™ve installed openHAB 4 and still cannot see Devi in HomeAssistant

Thank you!!! :bowing_man:
Last season Iā€™ve managed to install OH3 with this on a Pi and pair it.
Now, Iā€™ve installed OH4 docker on Unraid, and with HomeKit bridge AddOn this works like magic!

For everyone like me who has zero experience with the very capable OpenHab, you need to add the ā€œthingā€ from the inbox after Pairing on ā€œdanfossā€ page. Then Create Equipment from the Thing on a new Model with all Points. Then Add HomeKit termostat metadata to all required items as explained here

Complex accessories require a tag on a Group Item indicating the accessory type, as well as tags on the items it composes.

Otherwise the Devi Smart wonā€™t show in Home Assistant
Iā€™ve mapped Manual Mode as HEAT and Off Mode as OFF. There is no cooling on electric underfloor heating, and there is no Vacation mode in HomeKit but you can map it to COOL if you want.

3 Likes

Hey, thx for the hint, I missed to add the meta data!
but Iā€™m now still not able to get it configured in HA.

I installed OH 4 on a Raspberry Pi
I added the danfoss binding & homekit addon
I added the things
I created all items and linked them
I added the meta data (only for some items, but should be enough)

HA also automatically discovered the OH HoemKit Bridge but I was not able to add HomeKit in HA using the pairing code, it always says ā€œinvalid flow specifiedā€ and it adds the integration, but it only shows a ā€œidentify buttonā€. Any ideas?

thx & br

You should add ā€œthermostatā€ metadata to the group item. You have to add the 4 mandatory metadata (current and target temperature, current and target mode/state) to the 4 devi items and map the modes and states too (OFF-Off, HEAT-Manual). When all metadata is properly added, a second homekit device will appear automatically.

P.S. I also received ā€œinvalid flow specifiedā€ but it works regardless

Hey, sorry for bothering you again, but which metadata attributes did you exactly use to map mode and state?
For the sensors I managed to get the information on HA, but it seems only the metadata temperaturesensore is working, but especially the mode is essentials, as I want to use this to trigger the heater if there is enough power provided by my solar panels.

thx & br

Did you manage to get this working in the end?

who are you asking?

I didnā€™t manage to get this working in a way I can automate something in HA.
Quite the opposite, I got my 2 devi devices added to Openhab running on my raspPi3 and I also got some sensors (read only) showing up in HA, but after I had a power outage Openhab restarted and then the devi devices showed up as disconnected.

And as Iā€™m 100% new in Openhab and having lack of time to continue my HA automations, Iā€™m stuck at this point, open for any support.