Tracking and mapping one or more devices using Home Assistant, Google Sheets, Google Maps Api, and IFTTT. Similar to Google Maps Timeline feature.
Displays the history of a Home Assistant device tracker (e.g. phones) on a Google map. Uses Google Sheets as data storage.
I am aware, that all this could be done a lot easier with a small python script and a local file or sending a PUT REST to Google Sheets or even using the local history. I prepared this as a small training project that goes through a lot of stuff.
You can also ignore most of the stuff in the git and just feed a local CSV file to the map.
- Now with multiple devices!
- Date filters: day, period (you can go back in time as long as you want);
- Markers: on/off;
- Polylines: on/off;
- Distance traveled;
- Heatmap: +/- radius, +/- intensity, opacity, gradient color;
- Auto resize, recenter;
- Code can be easily customized to add/remove features (e.g. add filter for multiple devices);
- Can be used as a panel iframe or as a custom state card iframe - using my custom iframe state card (it’s a html file);
- Disabled more-info card.
Terrible setup procedure!