Difference between Full & Partial Hassio snapshots

Hassio 108.6 Supervisor 217
Raspberry Pi4 4Gb 250Gb SSD USB

I have a real problem I’ve been chasing for quite some time now whereby when a full snapshot is made, the CPU usage continues to stay at 26% with the CPU temperature remaining high at 65-67 degC.

Once this fault occurs, none of my Z-Wave devices will function as any device commands result in command timeouts and only a reboot fixes it. If no full snapshots are made, then no fault develops.

But, if I run a partial snapshot with all boxes selected, then no such problem occurs and the CPU usage returns to a normal 2% and normal 53 degC.

Can anyone explain to me please what the difference might be between the two snapshots? The file sizes are only slightly different in that the partial was 233,980Kb and the full was 234,050Kb though they were run consecutively once the usage had settled down.

I have tried rolling back to 107.7 and even as far back as 105.5 and also completely rebuilding the SSD from scratch but still I get this problem!

When you create the partial snapshot are you selecting everything?

Are you adding a password to the full but not partial (encrypting takes resources)?

I had to optimise my snapshots because the database was huge.

Yes I select all options when taking a partial snapshot and in both cases (full & partial), they are done without any password.

After further investigation I may have found the culprit in all this. After uninstalling HACS, I have been able to do multiple full snapshots without issue so at this stage it looks like it could be solved. Quite why though I’m unsure as I have been running with HACS for quite some time.