Digi AnywhereUSB Plus hubs - will they work?

Hi.
Has anyone used the Digi AnywhereUSB Plus hubs with Home Assistant?
Here is a link: https://www.digi.com/products/networking/infrastructure-management/usb-connectivity/usb-over-ip/anywhereusb#partnumbers

I’m planning on running HA as a virtual appliance, and there I need some kind of USB over IP to connect ZigBee and Z-wave USB dongles.

Thanks.

Depending on your setup, you could also put your sticks on a separate Pi and use already supported MQTT to get the data into home assistant instead of USB over IP. I did this in my setup, you can read more about it here if you like.

Hi, and thanks for answering.
Not the answer I hoped for, though.

But you have described a clever solution.
I’m new to HA, but if you need to have a PI anyways, why don’t you just run the whole thing from there?

Thanks.

I don’t run HA on a Pi, I run it on a NUC, which is in a rack in the office. Therfore I didn’t put the stick there as the range is limited. In addition when Home Assistant fails for some reason or I need to restart the host, I don’t need to shutdown the Zigbee and Z-Wave network.

I see.
But for the sake of argument, there is nothing wrong with running it all from the mentioned PI?
There are no different versions or anything?

Thanks again

You can run it all on the same Pi, This was my setup before I moved to the NUC. Pi 3 with Home Assistant a ConBee ZigBee stick and a Aeotec Z-Wave stick.