Disable and Re-enable Ring Motion-Sensing and Recording from HA

Hello,

I read the thread here Snooze Ring Motion Detection from HA? and noted the comment " You cant disable the ring motion detection from HA directly."

Can anyone tell me if there are any suggestions for HOW to automatically disable (and re-enable) the motion detection for Ring cameras?

My wife would like to be able to easily disable the ring motion detection (and therefore camera recording) whenever we are using the pool.

With 5 cameras capturing the yard and parts of the pool, it’s a chore to go in and change them 5 times before and after.

Any thoughts or suggestions very much appreciated. Is it the case that Ring doesn’t offer any API to change the motion sensor functionality?

Thanks much!

I got rid of my Ring specifically because there is no API for doing anything useful. And for the few things that the API does have, you have to pay a subscription for.

1 Like

Resuscitating old thread. :skull_and_crossbones:

I solved this around my hot tub by rigging up an entry switch to my hot tub cover lifter, and using an automation to cut power to the cameras using smart plugs and switches.

It would be great to be able to enable/disable the motion lights and recording separately. And also to access Ring’s person detection versus motion detection from HA. Does not seem to be possible currently.