Disable the hassio_audio container

I have high CPU usage on my Pi4 due to hassio_audio.
I am running squeezelite on the same machine so I need the sound output. This was fixed by adding the docker container “fix” that has been suggested several times. However, there is a process which takes up almost 1 core all the time doing nothing useful:
pulseaudio --system -vvv --disallow-exit --exit-idle-time=-1 --disable-shm

This is run by the supervisor, but cannot figure out where the configuration for that is. Maybe I could rewrite the command to something less harmful (such as ls).

Even if I force remove the container it keeps coming back. Not sure how to edit something in docker without messing stuff up.

EDIT: went the nuclear option and edited the pulseaudio init scripts in /var/lib/docker/overlay2 . This was a fresh install of a Pi4 and it showed issues out of the box.

Can you help me out with this? I f I edit /var/lib/docker/overlay2 it make new file…

I tried this:

sleep 60 && docker image rm --force homeassistant/armv7-hassio-audio:17 > /dev/null 2>&1 &

And its fixes my issues

1 Like

I’m afraid I cannot provide instructions on how to edit the overlay since:

• it’s random on every system
  • it should not be edited
    I basically did a search in that directory for all the /etc/ files and found 2-3 files which did some pulse thing, commented out the command.
    Your second option works but it still wastes CPU since the docker container will still run, then get killed, then restarted, etc.