Displaying Zwave manufacturer/product/node ID info in secondary info line

Using @MizterB’s excellent Custom Secondary Info plugin, I found a way to include Zwave device details in the entity row so no extra click is needed to see the manufacturer, product, and node ID of any given device.

I did this partly for cataloging reasons–I wanted to easily see all of the Zwave devices on my network–but also because I found myself frequently hunting for this info while cleaning up and fine-tuning my HA configuration, or trying to debug something in OZW_log.txt. It’s a minor thing, but it’s super convenient.

Here’s what it looks like:

home_assistant_zwave_secondary_info

…and here’s an example Lovelace entity definition for one of the devices:

- type: 'custom:secondaryinfo-entity-row'
            entity: zwave.master_bathroom_main_lights
            secondary_info: >-
              [[ zwave.master_bathroom_main_lights.attributes.manufacturer_name ]] 
              [[ zwave.master_bathroom_main_lights.attributes.product_name ]] 
              <em>(#[[ zwave.master_bathroom_main_lights.attributes.node_id ]])</em>

Just swap in your actual entity ID where master_bathroom_main_lights is (note four places), and voila!

It would be cleaner if there was a dedicated custom entity row for this purpose so you didn’t have to define the secondary info line again every time, but I haven’t got that far in my HA skills, and this worked with reasonably little effort.