Do I need a Xiaomi gateway?

Yourip:8080

https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/funktechnik/solutions/wireless-light-control/gateways/conbee/installation-raspbian-linux/?L=1

Thanks, but I am not running Home Assistant on Raspian. Or are you telling me that I need yet another Raspberry Pi?

There are instructions for Linux, Windows and Mac

That was my question- I still need yet another computer (Linux, Windows or Mac) in addition to my Raspberry running Home Assistant?

So what is your setup?
As I wrote above, I run Home assistant on a raspy with hass.io.
There is an addon for deconz and when it is setup and running you can click on “Open Webapp”, or you could just enter it with the IP of your Raspy and the port 8080 “IPofTheRasp:8080”.

How do you run Home Assistant?

I can see that I am spinning in place. I.E., getting nowhere fast. Well, not exactly, you have been nudging me in the right direction all along.

My setup is a bit of a Frankenstein creation. It helps to understand that I started with Node-Red on a Raspberry Pi3 (Raspian). That is where much of my Node-Red nodes and my MQTT server reside. I wanted to add some Z-Wave switches and was advised on the Node Red forum to install Home Assistant and the Aeotec Z-Stick to gain control of the Z-Wave devices. I did not want to compromise my working Node-Red system, so I installed Home Assistant on another Raspberry Pi3 (Hassio). However, I have become impressed with Home Assistant and concentrating my systems expansion there.

Today, I have the ConBee on my Home Assistant Pi and I have the Hass.io deCONZ add-on installed.

And now…

doh-200x127

“Open Webapp”

So, I am back on track…
BTW, the Webapp is on port 9880.
If I haven’t said it before… thanks.

you should be able to access phoscon app there (port 8080 by default)

just put on the same pi3: HASSIO (has Zwave internally, plus deCONZ , Mosquitto, and Node-red addon), and hardware wise put on the same pi3 the Conbee stick and zwave stick.

Better if the pi3 is hard wired and turn off pi3 WiFi, better for the Zigbee stick

UPDATE (Also known as Progress).
I have a light and the “free” Xaiomi temperature sensors configured in the WebUI. Sensors are working and I can control my Tradfri light. Thanks for all the help.

Now… How do I “see” the sensors in Home Assistant, and how can I control the light from Home Assistant? They don’t show up in the entities page.

There is a good article on the home assistant component site.
Read this:

Home Assistant will automatically discover deCONZ presence on your network, if discovery: is present in your configuration.yaml file.

…

You can manually add deCONZ by going to the integrations page.

I’ve read this, but it appears that I am yet to uncover a new layer to this onion.
I have Discovery enabled:

discovery:
  ignore:
    - plex_mediaserver
    - google_cast

So, what next? Is Discover supposed to give me another setup dialog? Should I see new entities?

If discovery works, you should have a notification on the frontend.

You can also go through configurations -> integrations to connect deconz

Thanks. No notifications on the frontend. From your suggestion, I went to the “Configuration” tab, select “Integrations”, then click on “deCONZ Zigbee gateway”.

I had never used the “Integrations” selection before.

Anyway, after I click on “deCONZ Zigbee gateway”, I am told to

"Go to deCONZ system settings
Press "Unlock Gateway" button".

I am guessing that this is in the Phoscon app, but there is no “Unlock Gateway” button. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, when clicking on “submit”, I am greeted with: “Couldn’t get an API key”

I am afraid of what the next layer of this onion will reveal.

Yes there is in phoscon app, click on
Gateway,
then click on advanced
then click on authorize.

After that go in HASS
Integration
deconz, click on Submit
Allow both options

WooHoo! Success.

I was worried that I was going to have to go into a REST configuration.
(That will be an issue for my next project).

OK, Final Post… (I hope).

When I install something new to me, I document my steps in a personal Wiki so that a year from now I will remember what I did.

I would appreciate any critique of the text. Don’t view it on Dropbox as Dropbox can’t properly render a .DOCX file and some of the text disappears. Here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaf2aq3yf40m9bt/Zigbee%20Gateway%20on%20Home%20Assistant.docx?dl=0

Thanks
Steve

Looks good!

in the end you may want to change entity_id names and friendly_name