Do NOT Update to the Z-Wave JS Version 0.1.14

So I was on update 0.1.13 for the time being and I spotted an update to the addon. Mistakenly updated it (my fault) and climate devices are broken again. The main climate device is unavailable, and it shows two climate devices that are completely bugged. Both say they are on heat mode and its currently 156 degrees F. Hehe, I guess Ill have to wait for the new HA Core update for it to work properly again, but Im passing this on to you folks. DONT update. Wait. Im patient enough to wait and I dont have a lot of Z-Wave devices so Im not too sour, but some of you may have a lot and be completely ruined by this, so I am just passing it on.

If anybody has solutions to this issue, Ill be all ears! Thanks!

In the future, you should try keeping the option enabled to take a snapshot of the addon before updating. That way, you can easily revert back if it breaks something. It has saved me a few times!

1 Like

Yep. Living on the edge isnt always the best option… heh. That box is gonna be checked in the future from now on. Learn from the mistakes you make!

1 Like

You can run docker commands to pull a previous version or install the Portainer addon to “revert” to a different tag version.

Can you send me a state dump of your network? What you are experiencing shouldn’t happen (I wrote the backwards compatibility layer and am also running on the latest zwave-js-server without issue)

Hmm nevermind, will have to investigate this

EDIT: At first glance it looks like your Fahrenheit temperature is getting converted to Celsius. Still digging into why

Ill be more than happy to provide a data dump if you still need it.
I would like to point out that the ambient temp from the thermostat was 69 degrees F.
I assume what you mean by that is its reading it as 69 degrees C and displaying it in F?
Thank goodness its not that hot heh.

Should I link a copy of the file? Cause it will be a long list of lines and I dont want to make it unorganized.

1 Like

69C is 156F so it’s just a conversion thing.
After a few your temps will return to their normal readings.

Yes please, or drag n drop it into your next post.

This happened to my thermostat. the yellow ones is new(from after the update), and my old temp sensors (3 of them) stopped reporting temp.

Its rather long, so Ill provide it in a drive link or paste bucket or something. I dont want to clutter the forum and make life harder for devs when reading it.

So far, the solution that has worked for me is switching to the JStomqtt addon. Im hoping to be back on the official addon soon when it gets fixed, but if one needs a fix asap, then thats your best bet.

Link provided to device dump:

Which node number is it?

Sorry forgot to mention it.
Node 4 is the CT101 and
Node 8 is the CT100

1 Like

There’s a posted issue on github if you want to follow that too.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/48285

Hi all,

Try updating to the latest version 0.1.15 and see if that resolves your issue. Note that there were some changes to how values map to endpoints which mean that your existing thermostat entity may be permanently unavailable with a new one that’s actually functional. There’s unfortunately no easy way to clean this up automatically, so you will have to delete the old one manually (may require an HA reboot to see the delete action) then update the new one to use the same name/entity ID so all of your automations and UI work as expected.

I did try it actually. Although the issue persists with the dual climate entities as you mentioned, having the nodes re-interviewed or refreshed did allow the climate device to somewhat work. The fan control doesnt appear anymore but thats fine.
I have rolled back to pre 7.0.0 version as it allows me to sleep a bit better at night sort of.
Is there any advantage to using 7.0.1?

When I had first tried it, it seemed to work better. However I have been bouncing around on versions so that I can pull logs to share with the zwave-js developer, and it seems to be inconsistent. I have an issue open in the zwave-js repo, hoping something comes of it: https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/issues/2165

@Indianb0y016 how about with the latest version? The zwave-js team pushed a fix that resolved the issues on my end

I will get to it and report back as soon as my midterm is done. Have exams this week so I’m not as active but I’ll update this when I get to it.