Does anyone actually have a working 433mhz RF solution?

So off r2 no portisch but works

What do you mean by module ? for range you can expect 10/20m easily if radio is not too noisy in your area :wink:

I’ve been very happy with my DIY transciever

I recall people mentioning rf door sensors for letterboxes.

I don’t know how reliable it is.

Im using a YoLink door sensor for mine. The mailbox is a couple hundred feet away. No issues at all.
You can get the sensor and hub needed on Amazon pretty cheap. They integrate well into HA.

1 Like

What range do you expect from this? Also this can be used to send any command right, not related to Sonoff at all?

Looks decent.

1 Like

Also, does transceiver mean it can both transmit and receive in both directions?

Take a look at this:

It is for the older Sonoff RF Bridge.
The newer one do not support Portisch, I think, but it can still do a lot of the stuff.

1 Like

They claim 100m or greater. I haven’t tested for range though. I just use it in my apartment. Looks like you can also increase voltage to increase range.

Yes it has both a seperate transmitter and receiver, which you’ll sometimes see shortened as transciever.

You can send any codes (I believe). You can learn the codes from most cheap rf devices like motion sensors and door sensors.

Could you share your yaml config? Are you able to get external temperature sensors?

Are you able to locally control this newer Sonoff RF Bridge (without support for Portisch)?

No, because I don’t have a Sonoff Bridge;)

I made a DIY device.

My brain is broke or something. Im getting multiple On/Off for one button press. I tried several filters to make it only report 1 on/off sequence but no go. Any ideas?

I tried both Raw and RC codes.
Screenshot from 2024-01-29 01-27-25

- platform: remote_receiver
    name: "keychainRF_D"
    rc_switch_raw:
      code: '110001011110100000100001'
      protocol: 1    

- platform: remote_receiver
    name: "keychainRF_Pronto"
    pronto:
      data: 
       '0000 006D 0019 0000 0026 0010 0024 0010 000C 0026 000D 0026 000D 0026 0026 0010 000C 0026 0026 0010 0025 0010 0025 0010 0025 0010 000C 0026 0026 0010 000C 0026 000D 0026 000D 0026 000D 0026 000D 0026 0026 0010 000C 0026 000D 0026'       

Did you try delayed_off: ?

Might need to see your config.

i tried delayed_on_off:

they would just toggle to Off and wouldn’t go back On again.

The transmitter is sending them in sets of 4, and I cant change the transmitter. I had this happen way back when with an IR remote and I don’t remember how I got it working right.

see…I told you my brain was broke today.
I tried delayed_on_off: it was a no go.
I just tried delayed_off: and it works how i want it now.
thanks

1 Like

Ahh, cool. Have any links with more info about it? :slight_smile:

EDIT: nevermind, I see it earlier in this thread now!

1 Like

It is a shortcut some vendors make. It is cheaper to just send several signals spread out over the frequency spectrum than to make the receiver and transmitter better at sending on just one frequency.

Idk if i consider it a shortcut. 4 or even 10 repetitions is better than 1 and a lot less likely to missed by the receiver. I think the other reason they do it, is to limit false triggers by stray RF signals from other remotes.

Theres not really much info. You can buy the RF transmitter remotes in all sorts or varieties or you can buy the transmitter and receiver combo with 1-8 relays.

What i liked aboit this particular one is each remote has its own rf codes so, A on remote 1 sends a different code than A on remotes 2,3,4. So not only can each remote be used for the same thing but they can be used for differet things too. So, one could be for mde to open/unlock doors or lights while another one could be used for my kid to turn on her bedroom light or night light or whatever. Also If i put one in each vehicle, i can tell who or what vehicle triggered the door based on which rf code was received. Lots of possibilities with it.

If anyone is curious about these, ive been doing some testing. I was concerned about the signal being able to go through walls or with interface in general. I started by just going outside and doing a test ever 10’ish. To my surprise the receiver picked up the signals all the out to the road, 60-70’. Next i tried by putting the receiver in the detached garage roughly 80’ and again it works great!
Next, I thought for sure if im inside the house the receiver in the detached garage 70’ away will be too much…Nope! The remote is picked up from inside the house. Oh, im going to have fun with this! With all the options possible with button press times and on/off combinations each triggering something different.

1 Like