Domintell custom component

Please help. I am new at home assistant and i have problem with domintel custom component (https://github.com/shamanenas/has_domintell) i dont know how to install it.
Please can somebody help? I tryed renaming domintel.py to init.py and rename domintel.py in folders to folder names so i have something like this:
config/custom_components/domintell and there files: init.py, binary_sensor.py, climate.py, light.py, switch.py
I know i shold now see it in integrations, but it isnt there. I cleared browser cache too.
Or is there some other ways to control domintell system with home assistant?
Thank you.
P.S. sorry for my english.

Hi, I’m also looking for integration with domintell. But I didn’t find any yet

Hi, do you have any news? Thank you

No sorry…
I figured out, that I need to have installed a communication module (i don’t remember the name but I know there was 3) and I don’t have exactly that module so on my installation of Domintell it will not work.
But I managed to install that app, but don’t remember on what platform (i tried also openhab) but because of that module I was not able to connect.

Hi,
Hass_domintell is completelly rewritten now. Ping me if you are still interested. It happens that it was uploaded to gitlab instead of github.

1 Like

The updated Domintell custom component is available at https://github.com/shamanenas/has_domintell. I also updated the readme with more detailed instructions on how to install and configure the integration.

It requires quite a lot of manual work to setup app the inputs and outputs in yaml.
Sorry, but I have no time to develop the autodiscovery feature now. Domintell network scan function is implemented in my python-domintell library, so if someone has a minute, can try to use it and update has_domintell with autodiscovery

Thanks in advance for the update. but apparently I can’t get it to work yet.

I have installed the component and I am not getting any errors. If I then continue the configuration nothing actually happens.
I don’t get an error message but domintell is not responding to my actions Can I debug somehow?

Just some extra info. on my I only see module numbers like 2745, 2478, … I did find module numbers like the ones in the example (1DAE, …) via an old app, but nothing happened with that either. The lcihet that I test with also just remain ‘off’.

- platform: domintell  
    devices:
      - type: BIR
        module: 1DAE
        channel: 6
        name: dom-bureau
      - type: DIM
        module: B49
        channel: 6
        name: dim bureau
      - type: DIM
        module: B49
        channel: 5
        name: dim bureau2

thanks for the help

It’s working! Would be great if auto discovery would work as well.

If I have the time, I"ll have a look at it. Can’t promise anything but I’ll see if I can find the time to add it.

Hi shamanenas

Just a question. It seems that my connection to the controller is timing out after a couple of minutes.

I deactivated “exclusive session” in the controller as well as I deactivated the “session timeout”

Any idea how I can prevent this from happening. When I restart HA, everything is fine and the states are correctly. When I switch a light, it works like a charm. But after a while it seems that the connection to the Domintell controller is timed out. In order to get it working again, I have to restart HA.

Kind regards

Vincent

Hi VIncent!

Do you have any other software connecting ti the same DETH module concurently?

Hi
Issue is fixed. No idea what the problem was but now it keeps working as expected.

Just 1 more question. DIM & BIR are supported. My installation also has a DMR module. Any idea how I can control the lights behind that module?

Kind regards

Vincent

Hi,
Yes DMR is also suported just use it the same way as BIR

- type: DMR
    module:  1FC       
    channel: 2
    name: Svetainė fonas       
    channel: 3
    name: Kiemo vartai       
    channel: 4
    name: Lauko terasa        

Hi,

Works indeed! Had it already configured but had an error in converting to HEX. :slight_smile:

Thx for the info!

I get the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio
Source: components/hassio/__init__.py:420
Integration: Hass.io ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+hassio%22))
First occurred: 5:42:02 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:42:02 PM

Invalid config for [domintell]: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data['domintell']. Got [OrderedDict([('host', '192.168.1.123'), ('password', 'LOGIN')]), OrderedDict([('platform', 'domintell'), ('devices', [OrderedDict([('type', 'BIR'), ('module', '17A7'), ('channel', 1), ('name', 'Domintell1'), ('location', 'Home')])])])]. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 7).

What’s wrong with my configuration.yaml (below)?

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# DOMINTEL
domintell:
  -
    host: 192.168.1.123
    password: LOGIN

# LIGHTS and LAMPS
    devices:
        module: 17A7       
        channel: 1
        name: Domintell1       

As it said config is invalid. You missed the light: key here.
tha config like this shall work:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# DOMINTEL
domintell:
  host: 192.168.1.123

# LIGHTS and LAMPS
light:
    devices:
        module: 17A7
        channel: 1
        name: Domintell1       

Thanks! I’ve spent hours on this.

Now I get a different type of error:

Unable to prepare setup for platform domintell.light: Unable to set up component.

3:06:15 PM – setup.py (ERROR)

Error during setup of component domintell

3:06:15 PM – custom_components/domintell/__init__.py (ERROR)

Could not open serial port, no messages are read or written to the bus

3:06:15 PM – /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/domintell/connections/__init__.py (ERROR)

The ip address is correct. What can be the issue?

Can you connect to DETH02 using Hercules utility?

yes,

Hi,
As I replied in the forum, connection is established using the Hercules utility, and I could see the discovered controllers.

My installation is on raspberry pi.

I noticed that after each reboot of the pi, the ‘python-domintell’ library disappears (pip install actually installs it again).
I run ‘pip install’ using ssh to the pi.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I have checked your error message more thoroughly. I was not very clear in readme file.

You should add the port number to the config. The right connection config should look like:

# DOMINTEL
domintell:
  host: 192.168.1.123:17481

Without a port number Serial connection is assumed

btw:
There should be no need to install python-domintell manually. it is included into manifest.json of has-domintell "requirements": ["python-domintell==0.0.16"], and shall be installed automatically.

Hope it helps