Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Just got home from a few days away to find my wiser integration not working.
Uploading a pic of the logs to see if anyone can help me.
I’ve Restarted HA a few times and done all updates etc
Any help appreciated!

Have you done a full machine restart. Its also complaining it cant connect to you fully kiosk so looks like a network issue.

yeah, first check the network and then check the IP address of the hub hasn’t changed (Look in your router).

Ive noticed that Virgin sometimes resets the hub and I loose DHCP reservations…

Angelo

Thanks for all the help, checked and re-checked everything and nothing was different.
Deleted & re-installed the integration and all seems well now

@tma - if you have your phone and the wiser app installed, you can use HTTP Canary to capture the http messages between the app and the hub. You secret will be in the header information sent with each hub command.

It maybe as Angelo says that the specific model you have will not be supported by this integration, in particular as the firmware on both the UK and the EU one @LGO44 has is v3.8.8 - so it maybe this is just very different firmware.

Let us know if you get any progress.

2 Likes

Sorry to answer so late.
@tma , I watch to the link you posted https://www.lk.dk/produkter/?iid=550B1001 for the product 550B1001, it’s not the same than mine.( CCTFR6310 - Wiser - passerelle Wifi / zigbee pour tous les appareils du système Wiser - Professionnels | Schneider Electric France )

I use a wiser box, sold in France by the reference CCTFR6310 compliant with Wiser home app.
The firmware of my box is 3.8.8.
For Schneider Wiser is a platform home automation to manage the heat devices and other devices from the Group. Each country Schneider Electric select his devices and customize them and the wiser app and support this offer.
Drayton developed the heat devices, but the lights and cover have been developed by other companies of the group.

My experience:
I start with the Wiser Home App and my box connected to a router.
I get the IP address by DHCP.

To find the secret I follow the process describe in the readme file of the platform.

The Ip address of my box (hub) was 192.168.8.1

I made the commissioning with the Wiser Home App, I add the device with the app and I update the integration in HA.
I haven’t any problem to use the Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Platform.
With the great help of @msp1974 I have added the lights ( dimmable and one-off) and shutter device in the platform.

1 Like

Hi all,

Just install the Wiser system with 8 TRVs. Have a couple of questions…

1. One TRV has a Poor signal. So I bought a plug, but when I put it into the system, a number of the TRVs decided to route through the plug rather than direct despite this giving them a worse signal - has anyone seen this? For now I’ve taken the plug out and removed it from the app again.

2. In adding the plug I’ve had to power cycle the hub and some of the TRVs are now reporting No Battery when the app is clearly showing 100% - is there sometimes a delay in the battery getting updated to Home Assistant?

System seems great, but would like to get it working through HA now.

Cheers,

Carl

Update - the batteries seem to have sorted themselves out. I’ve left the plug out and the system seems to be working, albeit there is still a TRV with a Poor signal.

Carl

Hey,

Ive seen this, according to the manual , rather counterintuitively, you need to turn off the heathub for 15mins, and leave the plug running, then turn the heat hub on…

Ive done this and like you found it hit-n-miss… One solution I did find was to take out the batteries from a trv, wait, then put them in again and it then bound it self directly to the hub… It might have been fluke though.

The wiser system uses zigbee so its supposed to be “auto routing” but… meh… not sure

Hope this is some help or at least concurs with your experiences.
BTW, having a low signal doesnt appear to affect operation i have two that are consistently low and work fine…

The

meh…

sums up really well the zigbee mesh auto routing and self healing.

The power down for 15 minutes thing is to trigger a mesh healing in most of the systems. When devices (expecially ac powered devices, not battery ones) go into panic mode and start to search for a new route and then settle on the best one when the coordinator comes back. But they still do unreasonable routes.
Like 3 hops instead of a direct when that is obviously better, etc…

The only well working zigbee system what I have ever seen, is the Philips Hue one with genuine Hue bulbs/lights. It was designed to work well and it does.

1 Like

meh (c) then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bizarrely things seem to have improved with everything Medium or above now, without the plug!

Agree meh!

Without the plug? turning the plug off?

im my case i have a number of devices whos signal strength changes throughout the day but as i mentioned earlier, it all seams to work… good signal, poor signal etc

I’ve taken the plug off the system. Agree the signal seems to vary across the day but all works

Where would I find my secret key in a backup of my old HA. Meaning, I’ve done a fresh install and I have a backup which I’ve unzipped. I can’t be bothered to go and connect to the hubs wifi as it’s in an awkward place so hoping there is a file somewhere holding the information from the first time I set this up

TY

Answer my own question. It’s in core.config_entries

2 Likes

I have the Wiser Kit 3, which has two separate heating channels and also a hot water channel. I have not conencted the hot water channel, but I do use the two separate CH channels.
I’ve set up this integration in home assitant, but I can’t figure out how to control each channel separately. There’s a boost all feature, and a feature to show me if either of the two channels is on or off, but i can’t control the two channels individually. Is this a missing feature?

I dont have the 3 channel version but wouldnt you be controlling the TRVs (regardless of channel) not the channel itself?

My system is a bit complex (S-plan). There are TRVs on radiators, and those are all fed with water from one branch of the system. “Channel1” controls a motorized valve that opens and closes water to that branch of the system - the TRVs come after that. Obviously when a TRV calls for heat, “Channel1” needs to open the valve too.
However, “Channel3” controls the second branch, which has another valve, and this feeds the underfloor heating system. There are no TRVs here - water is controlled by opening and closing the channel via its valve near the boiler.

So basically with this integration i cannot turn on and off the UFH individually from the radiators at all, because I can’t control each channel individually, as far as I can see. It’s surprising that i do see the status of each channel, but can’t control it!

Yeah , alas the wiser system assumes you have at least one trv on each channel. Can you turn on the channel from the mobile app???

We have the data from the hub for each channel status so we publish it…