Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

You can also use the wiser services for boost and pass your own time and temp

but he wants to turn on channel 3ā€¦

What about getting a TRV, maybe a thermostat roomstat, and just leaving in the room, ie not connecting it to the UFH? This way when you want to control the UFH you just turn the trv on and voila the UFU warms up because that trv is the only device on the channelā€¦

1 Like

You donā€™t need a trv for a room if you have a room stat instead. Iā€™m assuming ( as these hubs are sold with 2 roomstats) that one is setup against channel 1 and 1 against channel 3. By boosting the roomstat against channel 3, it will turn it on.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, I can now do boost etc via controlling the roomstat assigned to channel3 (even if thereā€™s no TRV assigned to this channel). I just didnā€™t exactly know what services to use to do this and was expecting to see a ā€˜boostā€™ switch in the room entity or roomstat entity (similar to the boost all switch in the hub).
However, individual control can be done via calling the ā€˜wiserā€™ service or the ā€˜climateā€™ service with presets, targeting the roomstat assigned to the channel.

here is the link for the latest catalog wiser with the generation2 of the wiser hub and new sensors and devices.
https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_enDocType=Catalog&p_File_Name=LSB03174EN+(web).pdf&p_Doc_Ref=LSB03174EN

Hi all,

So my Wiser system seems to working well, and Iā€™ve managed to set up some dashboards. However I am hitting an error.

When I use the standard HA thermostat card and click on the 3 dots to allow me to select a Preset such as a 30 min boost I get the following error:

Failed to call service climate/set_preset_mode. string value is None for dictionary value @ data[ā€˜preset_modeā€™]

The boost seems to be activated OK and I can cancel it with a Cancel Overrides from the same window without an error.

Any idea whatā€™s causing the error?

Another question - sorry if this should be obviousā€¦

What is the difference between set_schedule and assign_schedule?

Cheers for the help.

Carl,

On the first one re the error in setting prest, could you please tell me version of HA and wiser integration. Thx

On the second question, set schedule allows you to upload your schedule from a file. Assign schedule allows you to assign a schedule to a room or device. Ie you can have the same schedule against multiple rooms/devices so you have less to manage. As a side note, there maybe some issues with assign schedule. It was a work in progress and there is some improved handling in the next release which should be due out in a week or so. Iā€™ll post updates on new features when released.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response:

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.0
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.1
Wiser Integration: v3.0.23

Great explanation of set vs. assign - Iā€™ll probably stick to set for now.

By the way can you set a hvac_mode to off as well as auto/manual, the docs suggest only auto/manual? Iā€™m thinking this could be useful for rooms we donā€™t want to heat at all.

Yes. On the climate card you can use the auto, heat or off icons to do this (just below temp guage). Use the climate set hvac mode to Off also. You can also set to off on a schedule.

Thanks Mark, thatā€™s great.

Just need to set up my schedules and some toggles to switch between them now.

Mark,

Just a quick clarification, you say you can use off in a schedule, how does this work? Iā€™ve not been able to get off to work, only setting the Temp to -20 degC in a Heating schedule. This is not ideal as it reports a target of -20 degC rather than off.

So it does. It shouldnā€™t do that as it should blank it. Its a bit of a compromise as the thermostat card cannot show off as the target temp. When you set to manual off you will see it blanks the set temp. I will put this as a bug and get it fixed in next release.

Thanks, Iā€™ll look out for the update.

@msp1974 the PR 255 I submitted fixes the -20 display issue. when the schedule is off

In early versions of the Wiser android app there was an option to activate Valve Protection i.e a scheduled opening and closing of TRVs to keep them free. This seems to have disappeared however the HA Integration shows it as an on off option on the Heat Hub.
My question is - does this ā€œswitchā€ turn on a valve protection schedule (and if so what is the schedule?) or does it open all the valves and only closes them when reset to off?
Lastly, thanks for a brilliant integration - Iā€™d be lost without it.

I never noticed this had gone from the app but it is the same function that i think used to be there. There is no defined schedule in the integration as such, it is just activating this on the hub and therefore works as hub defines.

Pretty sure it still works though, i remember hearing the valves ā€œdo their thingā€ the other day around 7am in the morning

Just for information, what does Valve Protection do and is it sensible for it to be enabled?

It simply ā€œexercisesā€ the TRV valves once a week (?) to ensure they donā€™t seize up, especially in summer when rarely in use