Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Hi what I did was create a script

Script

Then create a card in lovelace

My wiser card in lovelace is shown below

I work shifts so I use this to set different heating schedules depending on what shift pattern I am working…something sadly the official Wiser Heat app lacks the ability to do.

Brilliant simple solution!

Hi,

Apologies for what’s likely a novice question, just getting started with Home Assistant. Followed the above but it only seems to save down the schedule, not display it when I click the button in Lovelace.

I think that’s the correct behaviour from what I’ve learnt so far but just want to double check that further action is required to actually display the schedule? (Happy to do my own legwork on that once confirmed).

Thanks!

I don’t think you can view the schedule in HA.

The main reason I use the option to set schedules in HA is purely because I work shifts, instead of altering all my room schedules every week I can preload saved ones in one tap which copies them all to wiser. I then check them in the standalone wiser heat app.

1 Like

Understood, thank you!

Hey @nofuse, just added your recipe above to the recipes file. thanks

Hi all,
Thank you for such a stable and useable system. Even with the new wiser app the HA GUI is my first choice! I have a question. Is it possible to connect to 2 different Wiser systems at the same time?
Thanks

Hey thanks,

Alas… I dont think so… Id never thought someone would have multiple Wiser Heathubs.

What you could do is
a) Multiple instances of Home Assistant
b) You could manually install the code into separate directories and do some refactoring (ie change one of them to be DOMAIN = wiser2 instead of just wiser…

All, is this common?? Its a chunk of work to support this and if its rare then Id suggest option a

Thanks Angelo,
Some background:
The 2nd Wiser hub is in another location, but I was thinking of adding a router VPN so I could monitor in one interface.
Thanks again for your hard work on this integration.

Hello Guys,
Awesome work, I’ve just looking for a solution of integrating TRVs into HA for some time, but now I’m pretty sure found it.
Just installed my starter kit for testing, the only question is if I can somehow get the “Current Temperature” of TRVs out of the system - to use it as an automation for starting the heating with a relay.
Thanks again for your great component!

Update: I’ve just found “heating relay” - which will solve this issue. Still it would be great to get the current temperature out for any use.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey welcome to the group. Each TRV data is available as a property of the TRV (climate device), does this not serve your purpose? I personally link HA to influxDb and then chart it all using grafana…

@kitsigergo
Simply pair all your iTRV devices, room stats etc. with your Wiser heat hub, then (important!) re-start your HA instance. You will now find all the rad stats as climate devices e.g. climate.wiser_dining_room . If you go to the Developer Tools - States tab and type in climate.wiser in the entity field it will show you a list of all the wiser stats it now knows about. Click on one to see all the state attributes including current_temperature and temperature - which is the set point.

1 Like

Hi, I have recently got a Wiser Energy gateway installed (EER31800), but when I try to use this integration I just get “unknown error occured”. Is the Wiser Energy not compatible with this component?

Alas no, this component is for the wiser heating solution. Energy gateway looks cool though

Understand, I was just hoping that it may have been same platform and hence my energy meters would be included. As far at I understand Schneider has release an open API for the energy gateway, but I am not skilled enough to make an integration component.

thanks

Did the boost time remaining get released? can see code for OverrideTimeoutUnixTime on github but doesn’t seem to be in the code for the version installed via HACS

Yes it did.

I view it by first adding a binary sensor then adding that binary sensor to Lovelace as a conditional entity that only shows when a boost is activated

You can view it manually be going to developer tools, states, entity, climate.wiser_roomname

There are some changes I need to release, in a separate branch, plan to work on this , this weekend.

Also I want to get home/away working via automation, for some reason it isnt working… Work , COVID, 14wk old baby really isnt conducive to opensource hacking…

No worries, have updated my code manually and got most of my automations in node red working. The only thing left is cancelling a boost which doesn’t seem to be able on a call service so guess I need to make a http/API call directly to the hub found the climate.set_hvac_mode service :smiley: