Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Is switch.wiser_away_mode_affects_hot_water supposed to cancel the schedule for the hot water? I’m trying to use it to turn off the hot water when I’m not not home.

switch.wiser_away_mode turns off my radiators as expected, but I can’t get the same to work for my hot water.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I’ve noticed the same problem when you activate away mode, it switches off the switch turn off hot water so I’ve created an automation to turn it back on 10 seconds later

Thanks - I might try that to fix the problem. Or, I might try creating an automation that changes the schedule e.g. to turn it on only for one min, and then change the schedule back to my normal one when I get home

Does anyone know if this integration supports reading the power usage data from the repeater plugs? Everything else works great for me, but I’d love to have this data to pull into the home assistant ‘energy’ section.

Does anyone know if this integration supports reading the power usage data from the repeater plugs?

There is a “CurrentSummationDelivered” value that I assume is energy related.

I had a quick look at what was involved in converting the current code from Entity to Sensor Entity to access LTS stats. Looks doable. @msp1974 and @Angelo_Santagata, would be happy to have a go at it if you are open.

Hi Angelo, new installation using HACS (1.17.2) on HA OS 6.6. I can see the 2.6 beta 6 in the HACS Integrations panel but I cannot see Wiser listed in Integration List (Step 8 in your guide). Can you advise where to look please ?

I think Mark @msp1974 has been working on the LTS stats but the idea of putting the currentsummationDelivered into LTS is a good idea,.

@msp1974 has been busy beavering away and creating a V2 of the integration, will use the newer V2 Wiser API under the covers and much leaner at the HA side of things… He deserves the credit as Ive been too busy with home life, kids, parents, work and deciding on coffee…

Log a new issue on github and we’ll look at it.

1 Like

@Angelo_Santagata i have been using this integration awhile now and have to say a BIG thank you to you.

I have just ordered the IHD and wondering if you use it and will it be integrated into HA as well?

1 Like

Loving this integration as just purchased Wiser so many thanks to the developers.

Have a question about all the data collected, the HA history shows me when the system is calling for heat as per below

I push the data for this and various other sensors out to influxdb/grafana but am not an expert at grafana (especially the new query syntax). Can the calling for heat sections be replicated in grafana? Wasn’t sure if I need to create the sensor described in the recipes page or not. Happy to discuss in messages if someone has done this so as not to pollute the main thread.

1 Like

Hi. Just upgraded to wiser after using fs20 for the last 15 years. This integration is brilliant!

I have 3 questions.

1. Is there any access to heat demand, eg trv open percentages? I’d like to use this to bump up the boiler flow temperature if any trv is near 100% open. I don’t have an opentherm boiler but I can control the flow temperature via a mod I made. Is there any opentherm related data available?

2. Is there a device to turn the Hot Water on and off?

3. Do I have to use the expensive wiser smart plugs to extend the range or can a generic zigbee plug be used?

Cheers

Hi @Angelo_Santagata I just wanted to thank you and the rest of the HA community for all your input in getting this integration working. It has massively helped as I can now look at either of the iPad Dashboards around the house and see all the rooms in one go, rather than looking at the app on my phone or trying to remember what to tell Alexa to do, to get an action going.

I am super new to HA and not a coding expert, I just wondered if there is a wall to boost the heating in all 11 radiators at the same time, as per the app or set a group of radiators to (create a scene) boost together, again as per the app and hand in hand is there a way to cancel all active boosts. It would be nice to have switch button on the dashboard that would boost all (in a group or all on the system) and another button to cancel all.

I only use the radiator heating element (combo boiler UK) and for me everything works as expected. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

I think thats a wiser thing, in our code we dont do anything but set the parameter…

It doesnt, yet… but as Wizmo mentions there is a CurrentSummationDelivered attribute we could add that and then somehow get it added to LTS… (not looked at LTS yet)

Anything in the logs?

pleasure, @msp1974 also deserves a massive shout, hes almost rewritten everything!

An easy way to boost all the radiators is to create a trigger which simply boosts each one separately.

I’ll be honest I dont know… :slight_smile: Log a issue on github and we’ll try and find out the solution

1. I dont think that data is available… and have not played with opentherm so cant help
  2. should be, I’ll check after
  3. Yes, this solution only talks to the hub, it doesnt replace it and all this communication between the trvs is done by the wiser hub.

Just to say, we are working on a big update to the integration which should be available this month (maybe mid Jan latest) - doing some last testing and trying to resolve some last issues. This will have the ability to boost and cancel all as per the app.

2 Likes

Heat demand is available on the attributes of the climate entity for a room. I’m not sure if this is how open the valve is.
You can turn the hot water on and off by using the wiser set hotwater mode service. Allows you to set on/off/auto mode on the hotwater. The next update will have a UI selector to do this.
Yes, you seem to have to use the wiser plugs as repeaters as non wiser plugs will not pair to the hub to allow this to happen. I do find them unreliable and mine drops off the hub frequently - and yes they are also not very cheap.

Thank you @Angelo_Santagata for your reply and a huge thanks to @msp1974 for your reply and your input in getting this integration working. Your hard work is appreciated and I eagerly look forward to the ‘overall boost’ functions.

ps. @Angelo_Santagata I would be lying if I said I understood what you mean’t by the triggers but any pointers would be welcomed, if not, as you guys have done so much already, I am sure I will find guidance online on how to create triggers and put that theory into practice with the individual boosts.

Thanks again and I look forward to your update.