Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

You basically need to create a script in configuration->scripts. You can add each wiser climate device and set the preset mode to Boost 1h etc. Keep adding all your climate devices with the same setting and then save this. You can then add a button in the UI to call that script. As such you can create different scripts for your different ‘scenes’ you want to create. If the boost presets don’t suit, you can also create a script to call a service on each climate device and call the wiser service with custom boost time/temps or just set temp to a certain level with climate - set temperature service.

Hope that helps get you started.

J17VXX ,@ msp1974, Ive added a Enh Req for this, its a good idea and not hard to implement

This sounds exciting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that exposed and available now as in the integration? I couldn’t see it. Is it aggregated anywhere?

Apologies I’ve only been using HA for a week.

I could crudely calculate the max heat demand by taking the maximum delta between measured and setpoint across all rooms.

For example if the delta > 4 deg C in any room then that suggests I want to warm a room up quickly, therefore the boiler flow temperature should rise. If the the max < 1 deg C, then the boiler flow temperature can reduce.

My alternative option is to get a hardware opentherm interface shield on an Arduino to convert the flow temp setpoint from the Heat Hub to MQTT and then use that value to set the flow temp on the boiler. I havent found any details of the drayton technical opentherm algorithm.

Great, I’ll take a look. Does that mean that to turn the HW from on to off while keeping the schedule active I have to set the hotwater.mode to off and then back to auto a few seconds later?

My use case for this is to implement HW priority, so that if the Hot Water comes on while the CH is on, the Central Heating zone valve gets switched off by an automation setting “away mode”. When the Hot Water has finished heating the " away mode" is removed. During the HW heating period I also increase the flow temperature.

Cheers.

No problem on being new to HA. Happy to give assistance to get you up and running and enjoying a great community app.

Yes it is there now. I don’t have an opentherm boiler so am making an assumption that Wiser just uses the demand values the same. For each room (ie each climate device), if you go to developer tools and states and pick one of your climate devices (ie rooms), you will see all the additional attributes available. If you google how to use attributes in automations, you will find loads of help. Screenshot of one of mine below to help.

You can also see the overall demand for a heating channel by looking at the attributes on Wiser Heating entity - which maybe the one you are looking for in your use case as I think this is what is being fed to the boiler for demand.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Hot water on wiser has basically 3 modes, on, off or auto (on schedule). You can also override the current schedule setting (which i think is what you want) but currently the integration doesnt do boost for hot water - its an open issue on our github. The update coming soon will do that but only to turn it on when schedule is off. However, we can also add a function to override to off also, which i will try and add before release. This will then override the current schedule state until the next schedule time event.

1 Like

Perfect, that looks exactly what I’m looking for, thank you. I’ve mapped the overall percentage demand to a water flow temp setting which has saved me messing about with more hardware if it works. I could even apply a multiplier dependent on outside temperature being low.

DIY weather and room compensation without an Opentherm boiler.

'<10% to 45 deg C
'>10% to 50 deg C
'>50% to 55 deg C
'> 80% to 70 deg C

Yes that would be great :slight_smile: thank you.

As a reminder, there are some really good ideas and enhancements on this thread. Whilst we’ll discuss them here if its a gap/enhancement feel free to log an issue on github, this way we can track them easily…

1 Like

Apologies if this has been answered already, but does this component access the Drayton system locally to control it, or does it rely on their cloud service? I’d heard that the Wiser system had a local API, but not seen that confirmed, or whether this is using that.

A friend of mine has a very unreliable Internet connection, so he’s looking for something that has the least reliance on cloud services. This sounds like it might fit the bill, but wanted to double check before advising him.

Locally, it does not talk to Drayton Cloud, it talks to the heathub itself (via REST).

Personally I think thats its strength, the standard UI works, nothing is dependant on HA and most importantly family friendly!! (wife, kids, dog can still use the wiser app)

That’s great to hear. Just to clarify, I assume the phone app goes through their cloud, rather that the local REST API directly?

Either way, having fully local control for HA is a huge benefit of this of this over similar systems so thanks for confirming!

Its even better than that!

The phone app first tries to collect locally, if it cant it then goes via the cloud. So if Drayton Wiser goes bankrupt, disappears, your heating will still work, the app will still work (locally) and all is happy.

Ive also had occasions when the Drayton cloud link isnt working, I then use wireguard to vpn to home, and then run the wiser app and it connects instantaneously …

Wiser is by FAR the best and most flexible smart heating system… by far

That’s great - thanks again for the details.

Hi,

By any chance, any of you know what is the latest firmware for the Room thermostat and how much time does it take to update to that?

Mine shows 00000012, but sometimes in the app it shows for a second 00000903 and then goes back to the aforementioned one.

And any idea why would it show Hub route repeater, when I don’t even have a repeater on that system?

Thanks,

Gábor

My roomstat is on firmware 0000a412. As firmware number like 00000012 looks to be a wiser smartplug although mine is on 00000011.

In terms of hub route repeater question, what is the parent node id and what device has that node id?

The parent node id is just a - . So nothing.

That is odd then, I still have 00000012 for the Room stat after more than 24 hours.

Meanwhile when I put the battery in an press the O button it shows this:

My room stat is 0000a412 , can u post an image of your roomstat from HA?

This is what I can see in HA.

that looks like a bug… if the parent node is blank then its direct… I’ll look at the code after… weird.