Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

It seems like a problem in the Wiser App. Looking in the raw data in the hub itself that is showing the correct information. For some reason the app is applying a 1 hour offset when it should not.

The data in the hub contains a set of values for 13 days with the middle value being today.

‘SunriseTimes’: [740, 741, 743, 745, 747, 748, 650, 652, 654, 655, 657, 659, 701],
‘SunsetTimes’: [1754, 1752, 1750, 1748, 1746, 1744, 1642, 1640, 1639, 1637, 1635, 1633, 1631],

I tried rebooting my phone just in case that was required, no joy still an hour out.

1 Like

I see this as well.

In my case setting Daylight saving to either on or off makes no difference in the wiser app.
Even changing the time zone in the app to European time makes no difference!

At the moment the “Heat Report” within Insights is 6 hours behind actual time! However the time is correct in the “Consumption History” report which is also part of Insights…

Its getting worse, Heat Report is now 8.5 hours behind actual time! Hopefully Schneider will fix this today.

Is anyone here using this integration with an Air Source Heat Pump as the ‘Heat Source Type’? We are shortly going to be moving from an old oil burning boiler to a new heat pump setup, and I noticed that the Wiser Hub let’s you set ‘Heat Pump’ as the Heat Source Type. Just wondering what I will need to change, if anything, from my current setup. I know that the number of cycles per hour changes depending upon the Heat Source type of Oil, Electric or Gas, so wondering if this is also different for the Heat Pump setting? My Hub is a 2 channel, one for Hot Water and one for Heating, so hopefully I can continue to use this with the new setup…

I have no experience of using a heat pump; however from what I have read heat pumps really don’t like cycling. You may want to consider using the controls that come with your heat pump instead of Wiser but this depends on the heat pump manufacturer and the quality of the controls they provide. E.g. if you have a Vaillant heatpump then it is definitely worth using vaillants controls.

Thanks - sounds like I’ll need to do some more reading - I hope I don’t have to swap after having spent the past few months tweaking and getting everything with this setup and integration just as I want it! The heat pump upgrade has come as a necessary ‘out of the blue’ upgrade, otherwise I would have planned it well in advance.
I’ll check with Wiser support how the Heat Pump setting in the hub affects cycling.

1 Like

I’m interested to know how you would use a more up to date chart.

You can get very up to date graphs on heat and other metrics using this integration and the History Explorer card.

I dont use HA so the only way I can see historical data is via the Wiser app. I really only use the apps heat report to check on zone temperatures and check the Wiser hub is working correctly with my boiler, this is because the heat report reports temperature on 0.1 increments whereas the apps home page reports temperature in 0.5 increments. When I first setup my Wiser system I raised a feature request with Schneider for the home page temps to be in 0.1 increments but its never been implemented, like so many other really useful feature requests I have seen raised.

It seems to have corrected itself today. Perhaps it was a one day aberation caused by the clock change.

I’m now seeing sunrise at 06:52 and sunset at 16:40 for 30th October whick looks much better.

1 Like

Battery level on room stat…
For my understanding the battery level on the wiser components was

TRV_BATTERY_LEVEL_MAPPING = {
3.0: 100,
2.9: 80,
2.8: 60,
2.7: 40,
2.6: 20,
2.5: 10,
2.4: 5,
2.3: 0,
}

This is an example of what I have today

Where I miss something?

Fixed for me too. I dont understand why the issue gets gradually worse over a day or two and then gradually corrects itself over the day.

Roomstats follow a different set of voltage values. Anything 2.7V or higher is 100% dropping 10% for each 0.1V. So 2.3V would be 60%.

iTRV’s are more power hungry and the range for those is as per your list above.

Battery Constants

ROOMSTAT_MIN_BATTERY_LEVEL = 1.7
ROOMSTAT_FULL_BATTERY_LEVEL = 2.7
TRV_FULL_BATTERY_LEVEL = 3.0

yeah same, thanks 7:07 / 16:32

You aren’t using HA? You are missing out, particularly with regards to this integration. It really fills so many of the gaps that the Wiser app has (although I think it does a pretty good job - ex Nest user here).

By the way my Heat Report seems to have caught up, although I am wondering whether this gets updated at regular intervals (e.g. every 3 hours) and I happen to have looked shortly after the last update.

Any way i can help you with the integration of powertags (r9m with zigbee green energy protocol)?
They are up and running under wiser home app connected to my wiser hub v2.

1 Like

very interesting, I have also R9M connected to my hub generation2

if needed, I can provide hub secret key. and if needed port forwarding? it might help you to look into it at some point.

just let me know :slight_smile:

Cant quite work out from the website what these are. Are they power monitoring in the consumer unit?

If you can raise this as a feature request on our github repo and provide the folowing.

1. A diagnostics download from the integration
  2. An explanaition of what these are/do
  3. What your expectation of being able see/do in HA

I’ll have a look at this and see how easy/if i have all info needed to integrate.

Thanks

Do people know if this is room thermostat is the normal Wiser one and would work here as it seems to be very competively priced:

https://www.eibabo.uk/schneider-electric/wiser-room-thermostat-with-display-room-thermostat-for-bus-system-cctfr6400-eb10883133?utm_source=Portals&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=eibabo-UK_GoogleShopping_UK&gclid=CjwKCAjw7oeqBhBwEiwALyHLM1M3qCS7pgrWv7aNsgB0kM6n5DuujVZFV6xgJbmPNkAU31-zB5ASrBoCrKwQAvD_BwE