Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

With my code they are exactly the same colour between my themes and the Passive and Auto/Heat cards.
It’s if you change the opacity it screws it up :slight_smile:

Yes, I see, but the sliders are light grey, rather than the darker grey they are supposed to be in the dark theme?

I guess the main thing is it is consistent and matches between themes. It’s a compromise and is probably better actually as the colour highlight round the edge is less visible with the lighter grey colour.

Exactly :laughing:

Couple of things to note and a possible solution to get the correct colour on the slider.

1. There is a difference between a ‘dark theme’ and a theme with dark mode (like HA theme). For a theme with dark mode, you can set css variables in card mod based on the mode. For a dark theme, this is just a light mode theme with dark colours set which cannot be detected. I have been playing more to fix some of the issues and have the correct colours now in light and dark mode, but obviously this is still wrong in a dark theme. Will post updates in a day or so when done.
  2. @Duke_box if you have already modified your dark theme, why not just add a css variable in this (a unique name ie slate-slider-color, slate-slider-opacity). Then in your card-mod/template for the thermostat, set --control-circular-slider-high-color: var(–slate-slider-color, --disabled-color). This neat trick is a nice feature of css variables in that if the first exists it will use it but default to the second if not. As slate-slider-color will only exisit in your dark theme it will allow different settings between your templates.
1 Like

That’s a good idea, I wish I had thought of adding it to my dark theme.
However I have reverted back to using var(--disabled-color) so the current temperature dot is easier to see when it is in the high slider portion.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the colour issue between my themes and the difference between the card in Passive mode and Auto/Heat mode, isn’t the --control-circular-slider-high-color, it’s the --control-circular-slider background and the --circular-slider-background-opacity variables that are the problem.
As long as the opacity of both the high slider and the background sliders are the same and they are the same colour for both Passive and Auto/Heat then the issue goes away. So additional elif statements are required for Auto and Heat to set the --control-circular-slider-background colour. This fixes it for me anyway.

Your note on the difference between a dark theme (like I use at the moment) and a theme with both light and dark modes is interesting and that explains a lot.

However I note that this switching between the light and the dark portion of these type of themes is dependant on the device you are viewing HA in and whether it is using a light or dark theme. So I don’t think this works for me where I switch dependant on the sun

I look forward to seeing your amendments.
Thank you for your input

Mike

Ok, i think this works in light and dark mode automatically. I have also addressed the following issues.

1. The slider bubble now matches the right colour
  2. The current temp dot is visible in all modes
  3. Fixed the bleed of the color around the high grey part of the slider
  4. Created 3 variables to add to a dark theme to get the right grey bar (as below add these to your slate theme). They might need a bit of tweeking.
custom-theme-control-circular-slider-high-color: var(--primary-background-color)
custom-theme-control-circular-slider-high-color-opacity: 0.75
custom-theme-slider-high-stroke-width: 24px

Full theme code on the wiki page.

2 Likes

Yes that works for a card in Hi/Lo mode (like Passive) in Auto or Heat mode. Both in light and my dark (slate) theme.

But maybe I am not communicating my issue properly.
It is not the Hi/Lo mode card’s high slider colour/opacity which is the main issue for me in dark mode.
The issue I have been trying to address and communicate is the upper slider colour when the card is just in normal Auto or Heat mode. That colour is wrong. See below:

The above is with your latest theme applied and the additional variable in my dark theme as you instructed. You can see that the Conservatory’s ( which is in HVAC Heat/Passive mode) slider upper parts are now the correct colour etc. I especially like the correct end knob of the passive slider section and the current temperature dot. But the kitchen (which is in normal HVAC Auto mode) does not have the correct upper slider colour. As I keep saying, in HVAC Auto or Heat mode) this is the background slider colour that requires the styling. Unless I am mistaken your code is adjusting the .high slider only, where mine address both. Although mine doesn’t fix what you’ve achieved in the Passive type card. So I will be using that :slight_smile:

And this is using your original theme adjusted with my code in my dark theme.

You can see the colours of the upper sliders of both the Kitchen and the Conservatory are the same (although they are not the correct colour). This what I have been trying to achieve, consistency between cards and between themes.

And to show your theme works perfectly in a light theme - here is the same screenshot in the default light theme.

I really value your input here so thanks once again.

EDIT: so I looked at the stock HA light/dark theme using your theme and I can see that it is obviously my dark theme that is causing my problem. You can see from below that the high slider colour is consistent across the cards - although I dislike these dark theme colours which makes the current temperature dot barely visible,

Edit 2 - But if I remove your theme the current temperature dot becomes visible again in the HA dark theme. I’m beginning to lose it.

I think I’ll stick with my compromise fix (with your mods) until I get motivated again. We have spent hours on this all because this new style card was forced upon us!

Does this integration also work with the following Wiser hub? It is the swedish/nordic version.

If you can get the secret key as per the i structions then likely yes. If not then no. Hope that helps.

I setup a 1 channel hub (i.e. no hot water control, just heating) for my Dad’s combi boiler over the weekend and it’s missing Eco Mode. Does anyone know if this is normal for a 1 channel hub? I would have expected to see the control for that in Home Assistant, the same as with the 2 and 3 channel hubs.

Update: Toggling Eco Mode on from the Wiser Home app has made it appear inside Home Assistant.

@msp1974 I see they have bumped aiohttp again in the 2024.1.6 release. Is this likely to cause problems?

Hi Robert,
Just upgraded my test system to 2024.1.6 and I have had no problems with wiser so far :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m getting these sorts of errors daily. Also HA loses connection to all Wiser entities about 20s every few hours. Then it reconnects and keeps working fine.

It’s been happening for months really, throughout updates etc. I find a few whenever I check the logs.

Are these just connection issues without a fix? Can I just filter out these logs and ignore them?

@LGO44 has just logged the same issue on github repo this morning. I’ll have to look at it. Seems to be a problem with the data the hub is sending on some updates.

Edit: can you confirm versions of HA, integration and type of hub you have. Thx

2 Likes

Sure, thanks.

Core
Supervisor
Operating System
Frontend

Integration v3.4.2.

Not sure how to tell you the hub. It’s a HubR, with single channel, on a combi boiler without OpenTherm. Firm 3.14.0.

Replying to myself to solve my issue.

I got my mojo back and took a look at @msp1974’s card theme and noticed a typo on my downloaded version. The high slider style element had “colord” (should be color). I corrected that and hey presto it worked.
I only wish I had looked closer before.
Anyway I see that the wiki is correct so I could have made the typo myself or it has now been corrected? - either way it works :slight_smile:

As Mark suggested the dark theme variables needed a slight tweak. In my case it was the high slider width which I found was better at 23.2px

So I now have made 2 themes, wiser dark thermostat theme and wiser light thermostat theme. Each with different high slider styling which I can now apply to each card and view individually depending on my dashboard view.
This is now a great solution.

Thanks @msp1974 for your excellent contribution and help.

1 Like

Hello there, is there any update on this? keen to get my hands on one…

my Lounge Room stat has cuddly started to loose signal, and it caused my boiler to kick in at 100% over night, was not good for my gas usage :frowning: anyone else having issue ?

if I buy a Wiser Smart Plug, will the devices with low / Medium signal auto connect to the plug or will I have to repair them ?

What I’ve found is that the device retains its link to either the hub or smartplug even if another smartplug appears that offers a better signal. If the roomstat/iTRV was connected to a smartplug which you unplugged, then after a few minutes the device will hunt for the hub or another smartplug.

So generally I just remove/replace the batteries and allow the roomstat/iTRV to restart. It then locks on to the best signal.

1 Like

Unexpected behaviour in the bedroom.

I have a Node-Red routine which monitors the heat demand for a room (Wiser LTS Heating Demand Bedroom 1); if the value changes to >0 it turns on a switch, when it returns to zero it turns off the switch.

Everything was working OK until a few weeks ago when I noticed the room stat going into ‘identify’ mode; I subsequently discovered that the itrv for the room was also entering identify mode and both devices were being locked. Unlocking the devices and turning off identify mode through HA or the Wiser app fixed the problem for a while. Replacing the HA switch controlled by the routine with a Wiser smart plug resulted in the smart plug periodically entering identification mode; Wiser smart plugs assigned to the same room but not involved in the automation were not affected.

Wiser support have had a look from their end and there’s nothing obvious.

Before I waste a significant part of my life analysing logs has anyone experienced anything similar? Any pointers to probable cause and/or possible solutions?