Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask this question and please tell me if it should be elsewhere.

My Drayton Wiser Home Assistant integration has been functioning fine, showing my 18 devices and I have configured a custom dashboard that suits me. Recently Drayton is says it Needs Attention. If I go to /config/integrations/integration/wiser it is continuously Initialising and then saying Failed Setup, will retry.
Other devices, ie non-Drayton lilke printers, PV cells, are normal in HASS overview page.
(the Wiser hup is operational, it is all normal on my Wiser app on the phone)

My first thought is to go back to the installton Installation ¡ asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform Wiki ¡ GitHub but if I remove my current connection to the Hub and get the secret key again, I fear losing all the work on my custom dashboard.

Would appreciate any help.

tried that did not work, they seem intent on been connected to the hub no matter what, I really do not want to have to remove and re-add, add as it will mess with my automations etc, as they will get new device id’s

the kitchen is right in between the Lounge and Media Room, the Hub is upstairs in bathroom cupboard.

I actually find, rebooting the hub does a better job as all the devices hunt for a new connection when hub gone. It can take a few days for them to sort themselves out with where they connect. Keep the plug powered on when you do this.

2 Likes

Hi,

How do you affect the ip address of the hub? is by DHCP with a reserved address or a floating one? For me DHCP with a reserve address provided by your router is the best way.

If you reinstall the integration the secret key is not modified. You can de-install and re-install it. The entities will be recreate with the same name.

Pardon if this is a simple, how do you get a map of the drayton zigbee map?

Thanks

By using wiser-zigbee-card provided by the integration as the wiser-scheduled-card (to manage the schedules)
exemple of a card in a dashboard
type: custom:wiser-zigbee-card
hub: WiserHeat03F9E3

1 Like

using the Wiser Zigbee Card

1 Like

that’s seems to have worked thanks

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge to understand ‘DHCP with reserved address or a floating one’, I accepted the prepopulated IP that came up on installation. But in any event an re-install did the trick and the devices are talking to HASS again now
thanks again

Love this integration, it was the reason I switched from Tado to Wiser! Do you ever envision this will become an official integration in Home Assistant?

1 Like

Making this a native HA integration was being worked on in 2020 but I think the consensus was HACS provided more flexibility to quickly respond to changes without waiting for the HA release cycle process.

But maybe things have changed. I personally prefer it in HACS for the above reason.

1 Like

Correct we (well Mark since) have left it as a HACS component as it gives us a ton more flexibilty and control. For example , and we’ve seen this a number of times, when a bug is found, or the integration no longer works for reason X/Y, Mark is able to quickly find the bug/fix and release asap. With native HA installs we need to wait until they release the next release (which is every 2-4 weeks I think).

Anyway, HACS is growing and Im seeing more and more integrations out in HACS so its a good place to be
(thats my opinion)

5 Likes

Totally agree and wouldn’t want to see it leave HACS to become an official integration for all the above reasons. If the official integrations were decoupled from the HA core releases and allowed to be updated independently, as per HACS, then at that point it might be time to reconsider this stance.

1 Like

I doubt that will happen :wink:

Would there ever be consideration to supporting connecting to a Wiser hub via the cloud rather than only locally? I have a Home Assistant install in a remote location to a Wiser hub and still want to get at least some information and have some control, even if it’s the most basic functionality verses when connecting locally.

If it is a feature a number of people want then yes but this would be a major piece of work. Have you thought about a vpn to allow local access?

I don’t really understand why that would ever be needed. Is there a reason I am not understanding why you can’t just setup another Home Assistant instance where the Wiser Hub is and access that remotely? Surely that’s a far better solution than going via the Wiser cloud?

Yes, that’s what I do either using the companion app or just using a browser on my phone. It is no different to being on-site.

The use case is for a Wiser system that needs rare access so it wasn’t really worthwhile setting up a dedicated home assistant for it, just would have been useful to have access via home assistant for those rare access needs. I do understand it as quite a niche need though.

Hello All, thank you for all your help with the Wiser integration. I have had my HA and Wiser Hub connected for a couple of weeks now and am working on finalising the setup.

I have the Wiser Hub, 1x Wiser Room Thermostat and 6x Sonoff Thermostats. My aim is to have the Sonoff thermostats call for heating instead of having to rely on the Wiser Thermostat.

I have been looking into using the recipe that helps integrate 3rd party sensors. But with my limited HA knowledge I cant see a way to turn the heating on and off instead of just boost it of a set amount of time.