Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Thanks Mark. When I re-enabled it, my automation catches the event fine, no issue there. I must have confused my automation notification with logbook entries. Cheers.

Great, thanks @dunxd and @msp1974 I should be able to do something along those lines :+1:

I wanted to ask a setup question about Wiser (not the integration) to you experts around here.

My living room (~18sqm) is connected to a conservatory (~10sqm), and we removed the sliding door separating them back when we changed the conservatory roof to a solid roof with insulation (best decision ever btw). So visually, they are like a single large open plan area and all 3 rads are needed to heat the area. The flow of heat is always in one direction though, and the conservatory is always the coldest side (in cold months) and the warmest point (in warm days).

Living room has 2 radiators, each with iTRV, and conservatory has 1 rad with iTRV too. Also have 1 room thermostat, also always in this area (sometimes moves within these 2 subrooms).

I did the initial setup as if all this was a single room, with 3 iTRV and 1 Room thermostat. It works, no complaints.

But on really sunny days, the conservatory gets to 26-28C, while the main living room area remains fairly stable as it has no direct sunlight. This won’t make any diff in terms of boiler time, as it’s not triggered by far these days.

But, would you redo the setup and make it so they are 2 different rooms to Wiser eyes? I’m unsure if it would have any benefit in terms of heating, but it’d probably show some interesting data difference between the 2 sub rooms.

What do you guys think?

If the gradient between the two spaces is only significant in the summer months, when the heating’s off, then any thermostat setup seems irrelevant. But if it is significant in colder months when the heating is on, i would think the best bet is to reinstate the door, close it in winter, & treat them as independent spaces again.
EDIT - I in no way consider myself expert!

If your 2 areas have noticably different thermal characteristics, having 3 trvs in a single room setup will heat the whole to an average of them, which will be incorrect for both.

Possibly overheating one and under heating the other. As such, i would say seperate back into 2 Wiser rooms and that way, each area will heat as needed. This may or may not reduce energy use.

However, due to the flow of heat around the whole area, obviously, heat will be lost from one to the other.

Agree with @darcey, that it maybe an idea to put some doors back to maintain comfort in winter months but maybe bifolds to allow opening back up into 1 space.

Thanks both. No, the doors are not going back for sure (we got rid of them 2 years ago anyway). It’s the best decision we ever made in the house.

The difference is not that big. 1 or 2C at most in cold months.

Just to add to that … I had a solution along those lines (not quite the same use case but the same technical outcome). It worked fine, but I wanted more … Instead of having to remember to push the button the evening before, how about having the system work out for itself that tomorrow needs the special schedule?

There is a way, as long as there is an entry in an online calendar somewhere!

• Sync that calendar with a Google Calendar, if it isn’t one already
  • Connect the Google Calendar to HA (use the Google Calendar integration)
  • Write an automation that looks at tomorrows diary entries, parses for the key word or location that indicates that you need to activate Special mode, and if it finds it then set the mode (Guest Mode in the example you’ve been given) using another script.
    Job done!

Notes: the email at the end is entirely optional but I like the reassurance

• and this usecase has the added need that I have to know the start of the first matching appointment and the end of the last, so I can set the schedule accordingly, but you may well not need that.
alias: CheckEvents
sequence:
  - service: calendar.get_events
    target:
      entity_id:
        - calendar.zzzzz_gmail_com
    data:
      duration:
        hours: 23
    response_variable: myagenda
  - variables:
      my_events: |
        {{ myagenda['calendar.zzzzz_gmail_com']['events']
          | selectattr('location', 'eq', 'xxxxx') | list }}
  - condition: "{{ my_events | count > 0 }}"
  - service: input_datetime.set_datetime
    target:
      entity_id: input_datetime.treatmentstarts
    data:
      timestamp: "{{ my_events[0].start | as_timestamp }}"
  - service: input_datetime.set_datetime
    target:
      entity_id: input_datetime.treatmentends
    data:
      timestamp: "{{ my_events[-1].end | as_timestamp }}"
  - service: script.treatmentspecialset
    data: {}
  - service: notify.emailnotify
    data:
      title: Automated Schedule Set
        The first real event starts at {{ my_events[0].start }} /  The last real
        event ends at {{ my_events[-1].end }} /  My count is {{ my_events |
        count }}
mode: single

@Hillman10 Thanks for the suggestion, i really like the calendar sync/trigger idea and may well incorporate this into my setup :+1:

This is a bit odd, since this reboot happened I have been keeping an eye on it, and I have had 3 WDT reboots, 2 at PRECISELY 9am (as was the first one that I first talked about), and 1 at PRECISELY 1am. Not every day. Any thoughts on why? Nothing else happens on my network at those times.

Saw this today, very nice :slight_smile: Someones built a youtube video for the installation of this integration