Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Drayton is part of the Schneider Electric group, Drayton products are marketed by Schneider Electric in many countries, particularly in France.
The dimmable and cover controls are built by another SE company (Merten) and integrated into Wiser Heat Offer.
Another point is that each country manage the offer ( in some country there are windows sensor…) and the application Wiser Home is in line with the sold product in the country.
You can also find another Wiser offer : Wiser energy for energy management.

Yeah, but by the time its summer, i wont need it :slight_smile: Ironically 2 years ago i sold a trv and roomstat, it wasnt needed in the old house…Cest La Vie

Another good trick is sometimes I see a “Kit” going cheap, openbox, ebay etc, Id just buy the keep , keep the trv/roomstat and then sell the hub standalone. they go for around £20-30

I’ve been having the same issue. High ceilings in some rooms and the TRVs usually read 2.5-3 degrees over the actual room temp (as read by Aqara sensors) when the radiators are on.

I’ve created an automation to keep boosting the heating until the Aqara temperature reaches the Wiser setpoint (within 0.5 of a degree). I’ve had it running for the last few weeks and it seems to be working well. I’ve got one for each room that doesn’t have a room stat.

1 Like

Each country choose the product that it will sell and support.

Schneider Electric want to provide solution to manage energy , to reach this aim SE propose also devices to measure energy, to control and command ; smart plugs, heating actuators for radiators , with energy measurement. Powertag to measure the consumption even on third product… ethernet gateway… Wiser Energy | Schneider Electric Global with cybersecurity in the box.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah I know about SE Energy sold here in Sweden, but it’s not for me. I will measure energy through all individual power outlets (also Wiser).

That’s a great idea. Would you mind sharing the code for those who may be less experienced?

1 Like

In the UK the Wiser app only gives the UI for adding the following products:

• Room thermostats
  • Radiator thermostats
  • Underfloor heating
  • Electrical heat switch
  • Smart plug

@msp1974 mentioned that this integration now supports blinds and dimmable lights (read only). Is it possible to add these in the UK? Is it possible to obtain them?

These devices are producteur by another company of Schneider Electric, may be you can ask the question directly to Schneider, or you could find them by retailers

Sure thing! I created the automation in the GUI but this is what is in my automations.yaml file. Like I said, I’ve got one of these for each room without a room stat. Here’s an explanation of how it works.

Every 2 minutes check that:

• the room is not already heating or boosted
  • the room is in heating or auto (schedule) mode
  • the Wiser setpoint is more than 0.5 degrees higher than the room’s actual temperature (given by my Aqara sensor)

If all of the above are true, then boost the heating for 30 minutes.

The changes you might need to make to suit your set up:

1. Change the entity names to your own
  2. Change the temperature difference value which triggers the heating (e.g you might be happy with just a 1 degree difference for example)
  3. Change the boost length. For a room that is very slow to heat, change the Boost 30m to Boost 1h. This will mean the TRV will not have to adjust the valve as much thus saving battery.

As I said this has been running reliably for a few weeks now but if anyone has any suggestions or improvements I can make I’m all ears. Also, if you need any help give me a shout :slightly_smiling_face:

- id: '1641814621051'
   alias: Office Heating Compensator
   description: ''
   trigger:
   - platform: time_pattern
     minutes: /2
   condition:
   - condition: state
     entity_id: climate.wiser_office
     state: false
     attribute: is_boosted
     state: false
     attribute: is_heating
   - condition: or
     conditions:
       state: auto
       state: heat
   - condition: template
     value_template: '{{ ((state_attr(''climate.wiser_office'', ''temperature'')|float)
       - (states(''sensor.office_sensor_temperature'')|float)) > 0.5 }}'
   action:
   - service: climate.set_preset_mode
     target:
     data:
       preset_mode: Boost 30m
   mode: single
5 Likes

this is nice. Being devils advocate, aren’t you just better off just increasing temp in the wiser app to target+delta?

That’s certainly an option, but I prefer not to do that for a couple reasons, the main one being that I have rooms of vastly different sizes, ceiling heights, and radiator number and positions, so it would require a lot of mental overhead to keep track of which rooms require which offset/delta. Especially as I’m still in the process of refining my schedules this would be a major pain.

Also, it’s just nice to be able to set the temperature of a room in HA or the Wiser app to 21 degrees, and have it actually be 21 degrees in the room, you know? Why would you have it any other way? :yum:

2 Likes

Yeah get it, alas the temperatures in the wiser app would always be off by 2C or whatever… but makes sense,

Im wondering if this is one where the automation calls out to python (python trigger). The code could then loop around all climate devices of type “wiser” and execute the same logic… Ive never had the need to run these python triggers but this would work nicely.

In the past I had Max! valves , they werent that good but they did have a temperature offset setting for this precise reason…

Nice contribution thanks, I’ll add it to the recipies

This is a great idea! I just tested it out with my office heating (didn’t even have to change anything as my entities have the same name :-))
One issue I’m seeing is that if you activate Boost, the setpoint of the climate.wiser_office entity is changed to the boost temperature and hence there’s no possibility to stop boosting before the room temp sensor detected the actual boost temperature of 23 degree which is obviously too warm in this case. Any idea how to overcome this challenge? I’m thinking of somehow writing the set-temp to a variable and then comparing with the temp sensor value…hmmm

New to the thread so apologies if already discussed.

I have the Wiser integration working well for my iTRVs and heating hub within HA. I also have a few smart plugs in the Wiser app with power monitoring but there are only 2 entities shown in HA which do not include the power monitoring.

And what about battery usage ? doing boost open the valve to 100%, i think it should consumme more than letting the system regulate by himself

Graham,

Can you please log and issue on the github repo (much easier to track and discuss that way). In that issue, can you also provide the version of the integration you are using (from HACS) and maybe a screenshot of your other plugs on the wiser app.

Also helpful to now if they are assigned to a room (can’t make it out from this screenshot). If you know how to get a json output from your hub, this would be useful too. Are there any errors in the log?

Thanks
Mark

@wombateer if you log an issue on our github repo, we can add the scheduled temperature as an attribute on the climate entity so you will be able to see what the unboosted target temp is and utilise this.

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your issue. After the boost period ends the setpoint will return back to the ‘true’ setpoint. Then within the next 2 minutes the automation will compare the sensor value to this ‘true’ setpoint and either boost again or not. Yes, there is a possibility of the boost exceeding the setpoint but hopefully not by much if you’re only boosting 30 minutes at a time.

Yeah, it’s a trade off between the room temp accuracy vs battery usage of TRVs. I value the former more :smiley: Plus I don’t think it would use that much more battery (at least in my house) -
the energy efficiency of your house will play a part.

Also, like I said, if you boost for longer periods 1h/2h you will reduce the battery usage, but you risk overrunning the setpoint.

This would be handy. Then the automation could cancel the boost before exceeding the scheduled setpoint (which is possibly what @wombateer was alluding to).