Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

I am sometimes accused of having too much time on my hands and this maybe a perfect example.

Anyway, @Frazzyfin, looking at your script and your chat with @wombateer got me thinking if there was a way to do what you are trying to do without having to do it for each room separately and be able to boost/cancel to achieve the Goldilocks room temp - not too hot, not too cold! .

So, below, is a link to what I have got. This will go as a recipe on the integration repo when it has been tested in the wild. It needs to have the current dev branch of the integration which has the current_schedule_temp attribute.

1 Like

Edit: Found the answer, it should be true not 'true'

Iā€™m struggling to create a switch that boost/cancel the boost in the new version of this integration. The problem is that the switch immediately turns off, even though the attribute Iā€™m testing against is remains true.
This is my switch. Any idea what is wrong with it?

- platform: template
    switches:
      master_bedroom_boost:
        friendly_name: Master Bedroom
        value_template: "{{ is_state_attr('climate.wiser_master_bedroom', 'is_boosted', 'true') }}"
        icon_template: "{{ 'mdi:fire' }}"
        turn_on:
          service: climate.set_preset_mode
          target:
            entity_id: climate.wiser_master_bedroom
          data:
            preset_mode: Boost 1h
        turn_off:
          target:
            entity_id: climate.wiser_master_bedroom
          data:
            preset_mode: Cancel Overrides

This looks really good. Iā€™ll give it a go when I get some time this week.

Just one thing I saw while skimming through the code - in the Automation 1 condition, shouldnā€™t the logic be to subtract the sensor from the setpoint, not the other way round? Or perhaps Iā€™ve misunderstood the code.

Yes you are correct. I had changed it but seems the link i posted was link to previous version.

@msp1974 is there a way to get the dev branch via HACS?

Iā€™ll answer this ,

no, HACS works by linking to the github releases, so everytime we release it then becomes available. What we have been doing is creating ā€œpre-releaseā€, aka beta, releases, these also become available.

I think you could clone the repo to a local directory on your computer and then copy the files acrossā€¦ Not tried this though, and HACS might get upset if you override the manifest file

@Frazzyfin i have release v3.0.20 tonight which has the new current schedule temp attribute. You can now update it via HACS.

I have also been working on the automation and managed to consolidate it into a single file. See below.

1 Like

Thanks for this.

I updated to 3.0.20 and copied your automation to my setup. I also use the Aqara sensors, so I hoped this would be a copy/paste job, but I get this error in the logs:

Error while executing automation automation.adjust_wiser_boost_for_ext_temp_sensor_heat_management: Error rendering data template: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'event'

Not sure I understand what the issue is. Any ideas?

Did you run the automation manually? It relies on a temp sensor triggering a state update to provide the event details. Just tested running actions manually and get the same error - which is expected.

Let it run and see what happens. If you look a climate device, you will see in the history where is boosts and also in its log book it shows if it has boosted due to reading from temp sensor.

EDIT: To add, I am finding that the Aqara sensors seem to not update very regularly. I understand they will only send update if temp raises by x to save battery but not yet convinced this is right. However, after running for a few days with my boost settings, it does seem to do a pretty accurate job of managing to correct temp. You may need to play around with these if yours doesnā€™t.

Nice, based on this Ive bought myself a Aqara sensor, and was tinkering with itā€¦ I wish the wiser TRVs had a ā€œdeltaā€ setting, ie i record 18c but its really 20ā€¦

Yes, I was running it manually to see whether my assumption was correct regarding entity naming. Iā€™ll let it run normally and see what happens. Thanks again!

Iā€™ve posted a suggestion for some form of calibration on the iTRV support page at https://schneider-electric.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014543338-Does-the-Wiser-Radiator-Thermostat-measure-temperature-the-same-way-as-a-Wiser-Room-Thermostat-

I donā€™t know if it has any influence on their development, but probably as good a place as any to make further suggestions and perhaps build some public support for ideas.

@Chris_J how is this working for you?

Hi all,

since upgrading to v3 my history stats sensors for calculating how long each room has been heating for donā€™t seem to work accurately. This is confirmed by checking the insights in the wiser app.

If there a LTS for calculating this info, I know there is for heating demand but that is a percentage not a time value.

Thanks

Hi, I updated to v3.0.18 yesterday and Iā€™m having a problem with cancelling a boost.

Iā€™m trying to call the service CLIMATE.SET_PRESET_MODE as below

data:
  preset_mode: 'Cancel Boost'
target:
  entity_id: climate.wiser_mark_s_office

Previously this worked, however following the upgrade yesterday it no longer cancels the active boost in wiser_mark_s_office

Has something changed?

Hi, Iā€™ve just set this up and it seems great so far when it works. I do have an issue though that my HA has lost connection with the hub and now canā€™t reconnect despite multiple tries. It this a bug or simply a matter of the signal from the hub being too weak? The hub is in the loft but I have a mesh wifi network so itā€™s not that far to the nearest access point.

It was showing all the iTRVā€™s upstairs as having good signal before everything stopped working and there is an AP on this floor.

It is giving this log:

Connection error trying to update from Wiser Hub 192.168.68.101. Error is HTTPConnectionPool(host=ā€˜192.168.68.101ā€™, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /data/v2/domain/ (Caused by NewConnectionError(ā€™<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f0a75ef8190>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refusedā€™))

22:16:58 ā€“ (ERROR) Drayton Wiser Integration for Home Assistant (custom integration) - message first occurred at 21:58:11 and shows up 17 times

Mark, Cancel Boost is now Cancel Overrides.

1 Like

Sandy, are you sure that is the IP of your hub? Youā€™re unlikely to get a connection refused from a Wiser hub unless there is something wrong with it or something is blocking like a firewall or something. A connection refused means the IP is valid but it is not listening on port 80. Hence why i wonder if your IP is correct.

On checking, you are correct, the IP given in the error does not match the IP of the hub. Why would that be? I had everything working yesterday, I can see in my history when it went down but I canā€™t think what I changed. I have been playing with various stuff all day though

This then would point me to a dhcp issue. It seems like the ip of your hub has changed. You will need to set an allocated IP to your hub in your WiFi Ap.