Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Hey @dunxd (re temperatures of itrvs)

Yes, Im also finding the temperatures in my new house is around 2C out (ie it thinks its warmer). Ive Drayton but not heard any response. my old smart heating (Max!) was rubbish but it did have this override function. You have two solutions

1. Install a Room Stat in each room (cost around £50) but then the TRvs take the temp from that and its accurate.
  2. Just set the target temp to 2C higher than you want. I use this but it means the UI doesnt show the real temp. I then use Aqara sensors (Zigbee) to measure the real room temp.
  3. Mark recently posted a recipe where you can manage the room temp with the external temp sensor. You set the target temp and together with the real room sensors we keep “boosting” the room until the correct temp is reached. See wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/manage_temps.md at e7cef469a9e27ca36bf91726b660052423b092d4 · asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform · GitHub

Interesting! Thanks all! :slight_smile:

I just have an installer coming to sort it out next week. The only thing I need to sort now is smart dimmers that are also offline. The real issue is there does not seem to be a large amount of X products does this, offline working yes/no etc.

Any recommendations? I am currently looking at lightwave (their V2 stuff) but being put off with the paid subscription features. I wonder If we can get them working the same but with homeassistant :slight_smile:

Off topic I know but…

Depending on your house wiring, there are lots of options for smart light switches/dimmers. No neutral is much harder and very few wifi ones will work. Personally, I find many smart light switches/dimmers are very ugly but have been recently looking at trying these out. They are zigbee therefore no cloud needed.

You can basically take any dimmer switch face plate and change the dimmer module to this so you can have whatever suits your house. Not the cheapest but…

For lamps, I have recently bought and installed these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08ZK7M2JB

You will see in the reviews that the lugs break off when you open them - which happend and is not great but I used a glue gun to fix them and they hold well. Work really well with HA built in ZHA integration and a sonoff zigbee stick. Also the only inline dimmers I could find that look like they fit in a house!

1 Like

(not trying to hijack the topic either, but… I have my eye on the SM323 on this page: Smart Inline Zigbee switches – SAMOTECH - just order and £35.33 with delivery…

1 Like

@GEAR-IT-UP WRt light switches, I used LightwaveRF for my old house, worked fine without a neutral but a pain in the ass for bulb compatibility. The units do look nice and very wife friendly

1 Like

ah thanks man. Luckily I have a neutral wire.

Did they work offline via the hub then I take it? (its seems oddly hard to find this information) which worries me :confused:

Oh bulbs are a good point, I thought any dimming bulb would do the job?

A question for all you Drayton Wiser via HA users… does the HA integration still make use of a) the hub and b) the Drayton cloud service?

A friend asked me what would happen if, theoretically speaking, Drayton were to go out of business or pull their cloud server. Even if it does use the hub, as long as it’s handled locally then I guess that HA would keep on working?

Joe,

This seems to get asked about every couple of weeks. It only uses local to hub api and does not use the cloud.

Thanks @msp1974,

I did have a look through the posts but - with over 547 - I guess it’s easy to miss.

Thanks again for confirming.

Is there a way to “manipulate/correct” a trv’s current temp value with the temp reading of another sensor (e.g. a Dht22 I have hooked up further away from the radiator)?

Alexander,

I created this automation a few months ago to do just this using Aquara sensors. If you read the instructions carefully, you can amemd to work with other sensor types.

Mark

Thank you mark, much appreciated, i will look into that next time i have some time

I remember we discussed rechargeable batteries already in this topic, and it was agreed that the classic rechargeable AA batteries are generally too weak for the TRVs. But has anyone tried these?

Would it fit to the TRVs?

I have not but I was considering a 3.7V lipo with a dummy but I am afraid it may pop the TRV

Smart Heating Update - 14 Month Review - YouTube

2 Likes

When a room is being boosted and I then manually change the setpoint, I would have expected the entity to cancel the boost and go into the manual override state. As it stands it shows that it’s boosting but the heating isn’t on (because I lowered the setpoint), which doesn’t make much sense. Is this a bug?

@Frazzyfin This is currently how the Wiser App works. Whether it makes sense or not is probably different for different people. Please raise an issue on our github page and we will ask the community to up vote it if it is a change that they want to see. Thx

With the release of HA 2022.4 came a new feature - Trigger Variables. For any of you who are using the recipe for managing temps with external sensors, this has allowed a significant simplification of that automation. In fact, I have also split it into 2 automations to make it much simpler to manage/configure. Recipe is currently in dev branch on our github but here it is below.

Welcome any feedback.

Looking for some feedback on a possible new feature for this integration. It would use the fantastic zigbee2mqtt-networkmap card by azuwiz to display how all your devices are connected in the zigbee network. Should we do this? Would it be useful? Image below of how it would look.

7 Likes

Yes, this would be great and very useful!

1 Like