Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Mine has a fixed IP and is linked to a known SSID. I’ve just relocated the router slightly and it reconnected so I’ll see if that works. Good to know it’s been reliable.

1 Like

I have mesh wifi with a node about 2 meters from the hub and it does drop off a lot. Just to dash your hopes a bit! :grinning:

Oh well, let’s see if it makes any difference - I’ll report back later!

Done.

Once again, thanks for all your work.

Javier

Something odd has happened with my setup. I have been using the ZigBee network card and all of a sudden HA is saying that the custom card doesn’t exist. It doesn’t appear if I try to add it to a dashboard and I get the error where it used to be.

Check in resources that it is still listed there. 3 dots on dashboard to edit and then in the same 3 dot menu select resources. You should have an entry for /wiser/wiser-zigbee-card.js

If it is, check in your browser developer tool console for any errors.

This is assuming you are running in storage mode for lovelace and not yaml mode. If yaml mode, you have to add it to your resources in yaml file.

It’s still there in the resources. I’ll look at the developer mode on a browser at home, I can only check on the app at present.

I’m seeing the following error in the Developer Tools in Chrome:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘{’

Any thoughts?

Can you post an issue on our github and include a diagnostics output from the new diagnostics function on an integration device. Per…

I suspect the card is getting strange data from something about your setup. The diagnostics will help me create your setup in our test env.

1 Like

The time has come for me to replace the batteries in my rad thermostats for the first time. Does anyone have any advice on which batteries are best? I would prefer to use rechargeable AAs but have read that these don’t work well and might give a premature battery low reading in the app/integration.

Mine too!! I use duracell batteries and they’re fine. I wouldnt recommend rechargeable for the reasons you have mentioned

I’ve had my Wiser hub set up for testing (heating isn’t being installed until 22nd August), and so far it’s dropped the Wifi twice in about 10 days. There is NO chance the WiFi is the problem, as there’s three TPLink Omada enterprise access points within range, and it’s right by one of those.

If it messes about again, I think it’ll be going back to Amazon and I’ll be going to Hive intead, I have Hive in my holiday home and it’s been rock solid for two years now. The Wiser thermostat itself is pretty chintzy looking compared to the Hive one, too. The Wiser thermostat is made out of the same plastic as the £2 Xiaomi bluetooth thermostats I just got off AliExpress.

Amazon Basic batteries have been excellent, they have a 5 or 10 year shelf life depending on the version you get, they always last longer than the retail Duracell/Energiser junk.

I think that you should contact your local Schneider Electric support

I’ve raised an issue and uploaded my diagnostics as requested.

I gave up on duracell some years ago. I don’t know if they are still bad, but a few years ago they went through a really awful phase of bad leaking, often well before they were flat. I had so many gadgets, clocks, remotes etc. either requiring in depth cleaning or even just binning. I use Energizer Industrial now, good price, good performance, no leaks. I don’t think rechargeable work very well in this kind of application.

Thanks for the input folks. I went for the Amazon High-Performance ones in the end.

Hi,

Couldn’t find the information I was looking for so trying this thread :slight_smile:

Is there any way of using this integration with the Wiser Gateway? I only have lights from wiser so no need for the heathub at the moment.

Cheers and thanks for the good work :slight_smile:

Not an easy question for us to answer. We know it works with the french one and supports lights ans shutters but not sure of other countries. Where are you based? You can always try the bit to get the secret key and see if that works. If not then you can be assured it wont as different firmware. If it does, give the integration a try and see how you get on.

Hi guys, having a slightly strange issue, and I can’t get to the bottom of it.
I keep getting seemingly random drop outs of the whole wiser system
I have an automation set to warn me when trv batts get low, and a few times a week I’ll get the notification, knowing full well the batteries are all fine, so this is how I knew I had an issue
I checked the logs (have attached a quick screenshot)
And it appears it all dips off the network/cloud momentarily and then all returns.
Now I have the i.p address reserved for the wiser hub and I can’t quite figure out where to go next in terms of testing, it’s annoying really that it’s so intermittent as I can’t test it while it’s faulting.
It hasn’t caused me any issues yet being summer but I’m a bit concerned that come winter when I rely on my automations Turing the heating on it won’t work properly
Hope someone can shed some light
Screenshots below
Thanks