Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Adam, a few things.

1. a few people ( myself included ) see the wiser hub drop wifi intermitently/frequently. I think they dont cope well with mesh wifi so dont know if you have that. I see mine can lose wifi for 10 mins or so then comes back online.

2. if you are getting updates then it doesnt seem it has dropped the wifi but maybe the cloud connection and giving strange readings on the trv signal. The way to see if HA truely lost connection to the hub is to look in the system logs and you should see errors that the connection timed out. If these are not there then just your hub doing something strange but HA should still be able to control it. If you do see errors in the system log then see 1.

3. in terms of diagnosing, looking in the system log is a good start but there is also an attribute on the heating operation sensor that shows updates and failures etc that you could make into a template sensor and then see the history of failed updates etc.

Let me know what you find and we can try and help more but just to warn i haven’t worked out a way to stop mine doing this yet.

Hi

I’m stuck at the connection step

please, help if possible

Wiser Hub CCTFR6310

WiserHomeAssistantPlatform

key received

below steps OK

3 Once connected to this wifi network, open your browser and go to http://192.168.8.1/secret 1.
4 You can then copy your key to an email to send to another device or copy and paste into the HA config if setting up integration via your phone/tablet.
5 When finished, either wait for hub to revert to led on constant or repower it (quicker to repower). Must be in non flashing mode to setup integration.

the step

6 Configure using Home Assistant Configuration → Integrations where your hub should have been auto discovered

can not understand, NO AUTO discovered

my local network 192.168.0.nnn CCTFR6310 192.168.8.nnn
is it problem? how to add device? (I do not want to change to 192.168.8.nnn)

any advice?

Not 100% sure if this integration works with this hub but if you have a key then maybe. Ifnit hasn’t shown up as a discovered hub then just click to add an integration and select wiser from the list. Add ip and key etc. If not showing in the list ( obviously ensure you have installed from HACs ) do a shift f5 to reload the cache.

Thanks a lot, will work on getting that setup
I am running deco M5 mesh so that could be a possible source!
Thanks for confirming it’s not just me with the issue though
Thanks for the help :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

msp1974 thank you for the advice

to clear cache doesn’t help

no new device after and nothing happened after select wiser integration

not able to add IP and key etc

need underline

Wiser Home app not available my country

HA RaspBerry PI LAN 192.168.0.nnn
laptop HA web LAN 192.168.0.nnn
laptop WiFi switch off

Wiser Hub CCTFR6310 WiFi 192.168.8.nnn
key → <192.168.8.10/secret 1> by smartphone ССTFR6310 connect mode (LED flashes) - smartphone connected to Wiser WiFi SSID “Wiser38_0458CA”

normal smartphone WiFi 192.168.0.nnn

when Wiser Hub normal mode (LED is constantly on) - no Wiser Hub WiFi detectable

How HA can detect Wiser Hub this configuration?

Viktor, HA uses zerconf ( also known as bonjour ) to broadcast on your 192.168.0.x lan and devices that support this respond. If it detects a wiser hub with name starting WiserHeat it will show as discovered. I dont think this hub from your post is called WiserHeatxxxxxx where x is last 6 digits of its mac address. This is not in itself an issue.

However, adding the integration manually should bring up a form to fill in IP and secret key. If you are selecting wiser integration when adding manually and nothing is happening, then you have some issue with HA that is unrelated to your hub ( until you enter IP and key HA does no try to talk to it ). As such, you need to look in your system logs and see if you have any errors. We have never had any issues raised with adding, so i dont know where to start without any log error.

Once you are able to get the form to load, the hub should have a solid green light showing connected to your wifi in order to set it up in HA. Ad red light is not connected to wifi. You say the wiser app is not available in your country, so have you connected it to your wifi and how? Also, where is this hub from. Ie what country?

Mark, thank you

understood your answer partially

I’ll start from the end and the simplest data

I bought this
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08R9YF2JL/
delivered to Bulgaria where I’m now

on the carton box marks
Wiser Hub Made in UK PL0522 and bar code 3 606481 451385

on the board
HUB610066A4
FCFEC20458CR
6300072 A6

you can see the CCTFR6310 board by google photo album

I found 2 SSID both 2.4 GHz Wiser70_0458CA and Wiser38_0458CA
both 192.168.8.nnn

to read the key I use my Adnroid smartphone
my mobile registered country Georgia (country)

to read the key I switch off mobile the home network and found Wiser SSID and after connected used web browser to read the key
192.168.8.10/secret 1
to a browser link address
the key read and saved

about HA
Home Assistant 2022.8.4
Supervisor 2022.08.3
Operating System 8.4
Frontend 20220802.0 - latest

after read the key restarted the hub and the hub LED solid green

I see devices by command from laptop
nmap -v -sn 162.198.0.1/24
and
nmap -v -sn 162.198.8.1/24
show Wiser hub 192.168.8.10

my home WiFi SSID know by HA and I can not understand how Wiser hub can connect to my home Wifi without to know WiFi password

I do not know how to check Wiser hub connected or not to HA

you can see HA screenshot by
Google Photos

no Wiser hub neither Objects neither Entities

Do I understand correctly that only the name WiserHeat will be detected by HA and everything else like Wiser70 seems not to be?

Mark

log just like below, nothing about Wiser hub (and I do not have any stability issues, other components work as should)

2022-08-14 08:14:26.276 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

I’ve used Energiser Lithiums from new, they seem to last forever in both the TRV and Thermostats

Viktor, yes only hubs called WiserHeatxxxxx will be discovered but that doesnt mean you cannot add hubs that are not called this manually. Im still struggling to understand…

1. Does your hub connect to your wifi? You say you dont know how it knows the password and also there is no app in your country. Im assuming this means you havent been able to configure it for wifi. Is this correct? If so, that needs resolving first.

I think it is possible to do without the wiser app but will need some technical skill, involve connecting a laptop to the hub access point and using postman to do this. I can probaby provide you with the command to send to it if you are able to do this.

1. Im not understanding exactly what happens when you try and add a wiser device via settings → devices & services → add integration → wiser . You should see a form asking for ip and key but you say nothing happens. Can you provide screenshots or a video of this if that is happening. However, you will need to fix 1 first.
1 Like

OK, was just sorting out the commands for you to setup hub without Wiser app and noticed that the Wiser70 you are talking about is the wiser AP network name. The WiserHeatxxxxx I am talking about is the hubs hostname one it is connected to your wifi. Sorry about the confussion. As such, ignore the Wiser70 name as not relevant.

Right, if you have a laptop, connect to hub wifi (the Wiser70_xxxxx SSID). Using postman, run the following commands.

Set the hub parameters

• timezone offset needs to be from GMT.
  • unix time can be got from https://www.unixtimestamp.com/. Will need to be current time.
  • assuming you have gas boiler with relay on/off control.
HTTP METHOD END POINT BODY
PATCH http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/domain/System {“TimeZoneOffset”:3 }
PATCH http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/domain/System {“UpdateUnixTime”: 1660493375 }
PATCH http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/domain/System/BoilerSettings {“ControlType”:“HeatSourceType_RelayControlled”}
PATCH http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/domain/System/BoilerSetting {“FuelType”:“Gas”}

Set up network

• Fist step will return some data and list the SSIDs hub can see. You will need channel and security mode for your Wifi SSID for 2nd step
  • Replace items in BOLD with your own values.
HTTP METHOD END POINT BODY
GET http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/network
PATCH http://192.168.8.1/data/v2/network/Station/ {“Enabled”:true, “SSID”:“YOUR_WIFI_SSID!”, “Channel”: FROM_HUB_NETWORK_OUTPUT!, “SecurityMode”:“FROM_HUB_NETWORK_OUTPUT!”, “SecurityKey”:“YOUR_WIFI_PASSWORD!”}

If this looks too much for you to do, alternative option is something like this link (replace US with whatever country you bought hub from/maybe UK etc)

Let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Mark

MANY thanks

will do slowly and will inform you step by step

I can install Wiser Home apk from file

installed the Wiser app
registered
Sign Up with the country where the house is actually located - Georgia (country) and the application did not throw me out (maybe for now :slight_smile: )
my current location Bulgaria and IP Bulgaria too
I do not use VPN for installation
after registration finished added the Wiser Room Thermostat CCTFR6400

you can see - left upper corner
HA found the Wiser Hub

Google Photos

Logger: custom_components.wiser.config_flow
Source: custom_components/wiser/config_flow.py:59
Integration: Drayton Wiser Integration for Home Assistant (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 22:01:25 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:01:25

Unknown error connecting to Wiser Hub

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/config/custom_components/wiser/config_flow.py”, line 157, in async_step_zeroconf_confirm validated = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input) File “/config/custom_components/wiser/config_flow.py”, line 59, in validate_input wiser_id = wiser.system.name AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘name’

:slight_smile: other will continue tomorrow with HA

@shchedrin Marks’ mentioned this before , this integration is designed for the UK Drayton Wiser Hub, which controls heating etc. It may, or may not work with this hub but unless you have heating, lights and shutters it wont give you any functionality. The fact that the initialisation is giving you an error in the config_flow is telling me that the integration is able to connect to the hub, download JSON metadata but the data is in a different format. I dont think this will work and we cant really support it…

1 Like

A lot of people are hinting that the wiserhub regularly disconnects from wifi. I don’t have that issue, its pretty much rock solid, but i know Mark does and some other people do… One common theme is “mesh” routers… Does anyone here NOT have a mesh router and experiencing WIFI issues…?

BTW, just because I think this is the issue doesn’t mean we can solve it with the integration. WE can report it to Drayton Wiser and the obvious workaround is to spin up a dedicated wifi AP…

1 Like

I was racking my old and tired brain as I was sure I have seen this before and I managed to find the issue we had logged. I think this is the same hub that @djeev1 has and he had an issue as it does not create a default schedule (the UK one seems to).

In your app, can you add a schedule for your Room Thermostat. Then try and setup the integration in HA.

2 Likes

Different issue, its summer here in the UK, temperatures going up in the climate change mid-high 30C and Ive noticed a couple of my TRVs get “boosted”…

Now I do have kids… but Ive disabled the manual radiator boost, has anyone else seen this? I did get a battery low warning, but thought Id changed it…

Mark

thank you

exactly ! i made 2 tests - 1st without thermostat added and 2nd with Thermostat CCTFR6400 added

the Log you see - after CCTFR6400 added

and ! WiFi dropped VERY often so I’m regret about € 100 and happy I will not use WiFi smart home anymore

will move to LAN zb 3.0 hub and use SOnOff or similar relay + Hager contactor

I hope will manage LAN easily and forgot about WiFI and will never buy any WiFi device neither hub neither any other

Mark, thank you ! and wish you to have a nice time

Hi Angelo,
I have Wifi issues and do not have a mesh setup. I do have 2 routers each with a different ssid and the Wiser hub is the only device connected to the 2.4G network on one router. The Wiser hub was installed about 2 years ago and has been used with your integration for much of that time.
The hub will probably lose the Wifi connection 2 or 3 times a week on average, it usually recovers but in the last couple of weeks it has failed to reconnect on 2 occasions and required a power cycle to restore the Wifi.

I have changed the default scan interval to 60s and will experiment with increasing this further to see if it has any impact on the Wifi dropout frequency.

Oh well, not mesh but mine appears fine… but then Im not monitoring it…

So to update if this helps anyone.

I have done some changes recently and since then, have not seen any hub drop outs from the wifi at all. Has been nearly a week now and before it was every day - with the red light on the hub. Although, not 100% helpful, here are the list of things done, one of them has clearly improved something but none of them would clearly point (to me anyway) why the hub no longer drops wifi (except firmware but sure most others still having issues are also on same version by now).

1. Firmware on hub went to 3.10.6
  2. Tied my hub to the node nearest it in mesh router config (think I tried this before but made no diff)
  3. Replaced my RPi HA server with a Beelink Mini PC Celeron N5095 8GB 256GB SSD - lovely little unit for £180!
  4. At same time, went to HAOS on new server
  5. At same time, went to 2022.8.4
  6. Did not restore a backup but started building new setup from scratch

Whilst it makes no sense at all, I do think it is more tied to me putting my new HA server in than the other things. Worked for 25 years in IT, will never understand some stuff! Only thing I could possibly think is that when HA sends a request to hub, it sometimes sends a corrupt message that causes the hub a wobble and faster machine or HAOS, less crap on it stops the corrupt message.

1 Like