Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Guys,

I think i agree with @dunxd , whilsts its great we have Wiser (unofficial) participation on this thread , we should really be leveraging the Wiser support forum for logging issues outside of the HA Integration. This thread should primarily be here for discussing the HA integration and perhaps a the odd “How does this work”, “any ideas how I can X,Y,Z” etc and not a replacement for Wiser support.

This is the link to Schneider’s support system , https://schneider-electric.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/

Wisers Official Forum too (thanks @dabb1er) https://community.se.com/t5/Schneider-Electric-Wiser-Forum/bd-p/wiser-forum

2 Likes

There is also an official forum where you can see posts and reply (the other site does not let you see queries / responses).

https://community.se.com/t5/Schneider-Electric-Wiser-Forum/bd-p/wiser-forum

2 Likes

You could use templates to change the colour or icon depending on the value of an attribute of an entity.

Here is the jinja code to detect if the Hot Water is boosted:

{% if state_attr("sensor.wiser_hot_water","is_boosted") == true %}
Boosted
{% else %}
Not boosted
{% endif %}

You can play around with that in the Developer Tools > Templates tab in HA.

I use this sort of template logic with Mushroom Chips Card, but you can use variations of the above pattern in YAML for a dashboard. I like the Chips card for creating groups of little buttons that activate scenes lights etc. and indicate the current status on the chip itself.

Here is code for a Mushroom Chip Card that shows different icons if the hot water is on or off, and colours the icon red if the hot water is boosted. Click on the button to boost by 30 minutes, which will also change the state of the chip/button.

type: custom:mushroom-chips-card
chips:
  - type: template
    entity: sensor.wiser_hot_water
    icon: |-
      {% if states('switch.wiser_hot_water') == 'on' %}
      mdi:water-boiler
      {% else %}
      mdi:water-boiler-off
      {% endif %}
    content: Wiser Hot Water
    icon_color: |-
      {% if state_attr('sensor.wiser_hot_water','is_boosted') == true %}
      red
      {% else %}
      white
      {% endif %}
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: wiser.boost_hotwater
      data:
        time_period: 30

It took a while to get my head around the Jinja2 syntax, and my main gotcha was forgetting to include the {% endif %} line at the end.

Mushroom cards are available in HACS frontend section.

1 Like

Ah I see now, thanks very much for taking the time to explain, and to post the example code, really appreciated :+1:

Some info of interest to the recent discussions:

I bought my original wiser kit in 2018, boiler/water system, room stat, and 2 TRVs. Both those original TRVs failed after 2+ years, the first one just suddenly completely died, would not do anything, and when I investigated it I found that the (new) batteries in it were boiling hot, so it was seriously dead. The second one started to fail soon after that in exactly the manner some others are now reporting - after a calibration, it would correctly completely close the valve, but after subsequently opening once, it would then not close fully so the rad was always hot if the heat was being called for elsewhere. I even mounted the TRV on a spare new valve and tested by blowing through it - after calibrating, it would close completely and I could not blow through it, after actuating once it subsequently did not close again and I could blow through it. I contacted Drayton support separately for both these issues, and after protracted conversations and videos from me, they (at their discretion) replaced both TRVs.

I now have those 2 replacements (nearly 2 years old), and 2 more I just bought a week or so ago, all on the new ea60 firmware, and all working fine.

So - I don’t know why the new firmware seems to be causing problems for some and not others, and the problem of them not closing properly after previously working fine is, I believe, sign of beginning of mechanical failure.

2 Likes

Are you talking about this bug?

If so, it’s possible to use the developer tools in your browser (I managed it in Edge) to tweak the javascript to allow Gas in kwh to be added to the energy dashboard.

For me Geo Together device stopped talking to my gas meter on the 19th November so I haven’t any data. It works fine with electricity, and Octopus is able to show my gas usage so I know the meter still works and sends data regularly. I had thought that this was just me, but it looks like a bunch of people stopped getting gas data around the same time so perhaps something changed at the SMETS level that third parties haven’t caught up with yet?

It seems to be fixed in todays home assistant update, at least it is for me

Hi all. Does anyone know where the secret key is saved? Rebuilding my HA setup and stupidly forgot to make a note of the key when I installed Wiser 6 months ago! Would like to avoid going up into the loft - is it stored somewhere / easily decryptable? Thanks.

@w82 It looks like it is stored in .storage/core.config_entries

{
        "entry_id": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
        "version": 1,
        "domain": "wiser",
        "title": "WiserHeat123456",
        "data": {
          "host": "192.168.12.30",
          "password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
          "name": "WiserHeat123456"
        },

Thanks @darcey

Hello,
I confirm it is different.
Still, it also uses WebSockets to connect and looks very similar.
They expose their API here: Feller µGateway Swagger UI

I managed to integrate it a bit (REST command, sensors and switch) but lots of help of a friend.
I was wondering how far is your integration to be adaptable with Feller’s.

Tim

Not fixed for me on the Geo Home integration. Still can’t add sensor.gas as a tracker and it shows entities that don’t exist in the drop down. Latest release of HA.

Anyways, sorry i’m off topic!

Tim,

Looking at this, it is a very different api and would need a completely different python library (and likely a lot of code changes in integration to).

Mark

I think this is because this is not fixed in 2022.11.5 but in 2022.12.0b0 beta release. You need 20221130 release of the frontend UI for this fix which you will only have if you also install beta versions. For main release versions, you will need to wait until 2022.12.0 official release (usually around end of first week of month).

Thank you Mark for having a look.
I’ll continue then with my custom integration.

I’m still on 2022.11.02 and I’m still getting my gas readings in the energy panel so must definitely be a bug in the latest version of HA

It is just amazing how some Schneider Electric companies can share publicly their local API, and developers don’t have to reverse engineer it and reinvent the wheel.

@msp1974 - Mark, couple of questions / requests:

1. Is the outside ambient temperature that the wiser hub uses exposed & if not can it be ?

2. Away Mode, just discussed this with someone who said that surely it would be more efficient to boost the whole house when one or more rooms fall below the away mode low temp threshold instead of just pumping water around the house to heat just one room.

I know this can be done through automation (which I have) but it would be a nice enhancement to be able to set the number of rooms falling below the threshold would boost all heating to say X degrees above the low threshold ?

Or any opinions on this ?

Also, since the firmware upgrade to 3.10.8 I have seen much fewer outages and none as long as the 5 hours I saw on a few occasions.

I’m not aware it uses an outside temp parameter. I know this has been mentioned above but not sure whether this is correct. What I do know is that I cannot see an outside temp entry in the hub data, so no, can’t expose it.

Much debate about heating whole house versus 1 room, think science says more efficient to heat rooms that need it not all.