Drayton Wiser

I’ve never seen this but at the same time my hub is never powered off for more than 20 seconds…

I don’t know if the hub has a battery backup… but Id check with Wiser support…

1 Like

Got it reconnected with the app, but looks like it lost Zigbee data too. I have all the rooms and devices back, but they are not connecting. Last time it happened, I had to delete all the devices and re-link.
Going to give it a day to see if they re-awaken, as last time they all came up as new additional devices and was a pain.

Angelo, have you experimented with any other api calls. I was kind of hoping I could access the Zigbee radio data on the hub. (per /data/network/ call)
EDIT:
FYI, Response from Wiser support -

If you have a power cut, your hub will lose connection. Therefore you will need to go through the Wifi journey again

My devices never reconnected, so I I’ll have to delete them and reconnect.
I may have to get a spare unit and see if I can Jerry-Rig a backup battery somehow.

I have recently installed this Integration and love it. Works wonderfully with my Wiser system.

One question I have about setting scheduled. Is it possible to put Template into the schedule file.

basically I am trying to make the on time in the afternoon be around sunset (or offset there of) but when I reload the schedule it doesnt seem to work. e.g. my schedule file for the study would read…

Description: Schedule for Wiser Study
Type: Heating

Monday:
  - Time: 06:00
    Temp: 19.0
  - Time: 07:45
    Temp: 15.0
  - Time: {{ states('sensor.time') }}
    Temp: 20.0
  - Time: 19:45
    Temp: 15.0
  - Time: 23:00
    Temp: Off
Tuesday:
  - Time: 06:00

In the template tab in developer tools {{ states(‘sensor.time’) }} returns a valid HH:MM value but doesnt seem to work when put in the schedule.yaml. (I have used sensor.time here as an example to keep the format HH:MM simple)

Any ideas?

TIA

lcsneil

Hi Angelo, did you ever solve this?
I have the same automation issue, can’t seem to switch the away mode from HA using location tracking.

@Shane_N,

You mean control the heating using HA location tracking? If so then yes & no,.

I use iftt to control the heating on / off using native Wiser functionality, HOWEVER IFTT turns the heating off if one of us leave the house so I have the following rule to over rule this

- id: 'xxxx'
  alias: Keep Heating On
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: switch.wiser_away_mode
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: device_tracker.life360_jo
    attribute: address
    state: Home
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data:
  mode: single

This get triggered whenever the away mode goes to “true”, it then checks to see if anyone else is home and then flips it back. You could not use IFTTT and just use life360

does this help

I use just life360 so that when both of us are away the Wiser flips into away mode but if one of us is still here or returns it flips out of away mode. Is that what you are trying to do?

If so then add to your groups.yaml the following

people_away:
    name: Everyone away
    entities:
      - device_tracker.life360_Person_A
      - device_tracker.life360_Person_B

Where PersonA & B are the actual names of your life360 device trackers

Then for the automation you end up with

- id: '1613411898567'
  alias: Both Away  - Wiser Away Mode
  description: Switch on Heat away mode when we both leave home
  trigger:
    entity_id: group.people_away
    to: not_home
  condition: []
  action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: 2170f3bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    domain: switch
  mode: single
- id: '1613411999805'
  alias: 'One home so Wiser Home Mode '
  description: Switch on heating when at least one of us is home
  trigger:
    entity_id: group.people_away
    to: home
  condition: []
  action:
  - type: turn_off
    device_id: 2170f3bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    domain: switch

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to do then apologies!

lcsneil

1 Like

Thanks all, i was trying to get HA to trigger away mode on/off from the person tracking in the HA android app. You have. i think, put me in the right direction so i’l have another go this weekend and if successfull will post the outcome here.

Ah OK - if you cant get it to work the use the Life360 (free version) app on your android phone. Load the Life360 integration on the HA and then as detailed above.

lcsneil

1 Like

thats precisely what I do… it works well

yeah life360 is the way to go

Now that long term statistics are here, does anyone know how to create one for Wiser entities? For example, tracking when the boiler is on.
I tried adding state_class: measurement to my history sensor, but HA didn’t accept it. I’m not sure I follow how long term statistics are supposed to work.

Hi there, its on the roadmap, and there is a ticket (https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform/issues/153) for it. Im actually tinkering with a different integration , lightwaverf energy, its MUCH simpler and means I can work out how to implement these long term stats and energy stuff…

Alas new baby (now 11months old) and now moving house means when I finish work the last thing I want to do is more coding…

I will get to it when I move and the kid sleeps the night. As always , and this community is FAB, PRs welcome.

So no , not ignoring it just time poor :frowning:

Perfect, thanks. I did look for a ticket but must have missed that one
Good luck with the baby, mine didn’t sleep through the night until she was 2 :open_mouth:

Great,:slight_smile: I’m an old man, the first one was the same but only one kid so doable, now its double trouble!. Alas the job is much more involved (Im a software architect) and so much more stressful at times!

Good times to be had soon, .I have some plans for this integration but time poor…

I have a question about the Wiser system itself and I figure you are all owners so might be able to help.
I’ve had the system for a year and was running it without it being connected to the boiler. I supplied power to the Hub and ran the app and this HA addon so I could turn on/off certain rooms. But in terms of the boiler turning on/off, that was still controlled by the timer on the boiler itself. This worked fine - obviously a bit disjointed, but not a problem.

Anyway, we got a plumber out the other day and one of the jobs was to wire in the Hub to the boiler. He did this, it seems to have worked. But the last few days we’ve noticed the boiler doesn’t get as hot.
e.g we set the heating to come on for 2 hrs in the morning but when we get up it’s not very warm, rads are not as hot as they should. I check the boiler and its running at somewhere between 40-50c when it should be (and used to run) at 65c. It seems the boiler successfully switches on/off as per the Wiser schedule, but it seems to be running at a much lower power, it’s quieter than usual too.

I’m trying to understand what the Wiser system is doing, my understanding is all it does is call for heat causing the boiler to fire up and heat to the temp set by the boiler (65c). Then the Wiser system tells the boiler to switch off at the scheduled time.
But what I’m seeing is the boiler being restricted somehow and often going into anti-cycling mode so I assume the Wiser system is toggling the call for heat on/off within the 2hr “on” window? That would make sense if the rooms had reach target temp, but they haven’t.

It’s almost like its running in OpenTherm mode which I believe allows the Wiser to control the boiler temperature - except my boiler doesn’t support OT (its a Vailant EcoTec Pro 28).

Hot water is fine, that gets up to 65c (if I set it that high) and the boiler runs loudly like expected.
Also, strangely one time I set the Wiser to boost and then the boiler went back to its old self, heated up to 65c, but I’ve been unable to repeat that.
So given the above examples I think I can rule out there being some issue with gas supply or a blockage etc since I have seen the system run normally.

Any thoughts?

I honestly have no idea… As you say its not openTherm compliant , Id check with the plumber…

1 Like

Thought this may be of interest.

Now we have long term statistics, I have plotted the output from the Wiser integration with the output from Netatmo in the same room so I can compare the difference. The Living room above has a Wiser Roomstat, the bedroom does not.

Yeah, Ive moved house and the new place has high ceilings and Im seeing that he temperature from the TRVs is a little off… They probably make a guestimate/calculation that if its 20C at floor level then the average house will mean its 22C at 1M or something like that… but with highceilings this isnt quite true, unless your a vampire bat hanging from the ceiling

Im getting a one more roomstat

I’m actually pretty impressed with how well it maintains an even room temperature and is so close to the target with only the iTRV in the room. Although I do have 2 in my bedroom.

The slight difference between Netatmo and Wiser could easily be from placement in the room. I have put my roomstat next to my Netatmo sensor now (this morning to see if there is much of a difference. Probably should have done that before posting…

Also, I have no way of knowing how accurate either the netatmo or the Wiser stats are.

Home Assistant newbie here, so please be gentle

@Angelo_Santagata I’m playing around with the new Electric Heat Switch, but am struggling to get data from the heat probe ( as part of my electric underfloor heating setup) the api seem to support the entities but I’m not able to read any data from those items. I can see the data from the associated room stat, but not all the switch items

any ideas?