Dreame L10S vacuum cleaner Integration

Hi
I have the following problem:
I have a Dreame Vaccum L10S and I love it, except for one thing.
I want to integrate the robot into Home Assistant, it also works with the Xiaomi app without any problems. However, I can’t find anywhere in the Xiaomi app where it is possible to use the live camera function, which means that obstacles are photographed and/or I can drive around with the robot and can see live pictures.
Does the function exist in the Xiaomi app and I can’t find it or doesn’t it exist?
Or can the robot be integrated into Home Assistant with the Dreame app?

Dreame app uses different authentication method which is not available for 3rd party applications.
S10 can show obstacle pictures on the map of the Mi Home app but camera features for your device are not available for the Mi Home app right now. Also new firmware for your device is not available too on Mi Home app. They have added the specs for new devices just last week and I am sure Xiaomi will update the app for these devices in near future.

I have developed a custom component for Dreame devices but unfortunately it also does not support camera feature but it will be added on a future release.

3 Likes

wow, this integration looks great. no camera feature but a huge control on the robots. thanks

Hi @tasshack thank you first of all for writing this custom component. I have a question though.
When I purchased the Dreame L10S Ultra robot, I had two options. To either use the Dreame Home app or the Xiaomi app. I’ve chosen the Dreame Home app.

When I add this to the integrations, it asks me to sign in with Xiaomi Mii Cloud credentials. Is there any other way or do I really have to use the Xiaomi Cloud environment to get this connected to my home assistant instance? Thanks for the answer in advance!

1 Like

You cannot use this integration with the Dreame Home app. Please read the previous posts and check the repository issues/discussions about this.

2 Likes

Thanks tass. I had missed that post. Sorry for asking.

Guess I will have to register the device to Xiaomi cloud. Hope it can do both same time

I have the same problem. Which solution did you find?

Hi @tasshack , first of all thank you for this! any downside to trying the beta now? Or do you have any insight in as to when it’s going from beta to stable?

Beta means it is not tested by enough people yet so the stable version will be released when the Beta reaches at certain download count.

1 Like

Didn’t consider the download count. In that case, I will download it anyway and start testing as well. I’ll create issues on github in case I encounter something I suppose, or would you rather have a post here?

Forgive my ignorance but can I still follow this guide if I’m using the DreameBot L10 Ultra with the Dreamehome App installed on iOS?

1. What guide?
  2. For this integration to work, you must use Mi Home app (and then Dreame app stops working).

My vacuum isn’t listed in the Mi Home App unfortunately.

The guide I was referring to was this section of the integration,

Edit: Figured it out - I wasn’t properly resetting the vacuum all good now.

So I am learning that the DreamHome App provides more than just camera functionality. If you have High Pile carpet, the DreamHome App will have a feature called Intelligent carpet detection, of which the robot will learn about carpet and leave the mops behind at the base. It will then return to the base and pick up the mops when resuming to mop the rest of the house.

I see in the integration some of the carpet recognition is there but perhaps this can be cleared up? I have not seen it leave the mops behind.

My carpet is slightly too high and causing the mops to sort of drag around and get the robot stuck.

That feature is not specific to the App but your device must actually have the hardware to mount/remount mop at the station and L10S has not have it.

Dreamehome account login is still in Beta but it is pretty stable for now.

Hi @tasshack First of all thanks a lot for creating the Dreame integration. I have two Dreame robots and I control it fully using your integration now. However I also have the same problem. mentioned by @tschoehansen unable to view camera from Xiomi application, I wanted to try the beta of your Dreame Authentication, is it stable enough to use ? do you have plans to make it as alpha soon ?