DS-KD8003 - DS-KV8113 - DS-KV8213 - DS-KV6113 - DS-KV8413 and .... integration Hikvision HikConnect Video intercom doorbell

Hi, i gave up on ISAPI, too many features indeed missing on ds-kd8003…
i also had to update to new latest firmware above 2.52 , because i now also have the new 9510 B model

for now i use the SDK for events , runs verry smooth for me
and i also use the opensips proxy to fake an registration for asterisk so i can forwad the calls to my softphones

Do you mean it is missing for the 8003 or all models?
As for the SDK, do you use the docker oove HASS OS or run it on a separate platform?
One last thing, why didn’t you use WebRTC? As far as I recall it supports BiDi Audio?

I think the 8003 is missing the most ISAPi functions
I run the SDK as an add-on, but you an x64 bit system, the SDK doesn’t work on raspberry or arm, it’s not released by hilvision…

And do you mean two-way audio? That works indeed on 8003, but don’t think with webrtc, two-way audio is always different for every brand, you need ISAPi for it, and it works on 8003 too… But I don’t see any advantage on that

I think I got it all. I have sent a mail to the local dealer as lots needs to be fixed and my feeling is that Hikvision is not supporting the customers as it should. Even if they have a better product than Dahua, it is moving anywhere towards the future like it does not native support for HomeKit.

Yeah, I have a request running too to implement more ISAPi features, allthough, it won’t happen in an official baseline, only custom firmwares…
I think the chip is not capable of running more resources…
But I don’t care, don’t use ISAPi anymore , only SDK , it’s better in any way

I have a PC running BlueIris 7/24 so I think I will use it to do this. Anyway I have filed a request. Days will tell.

Hi, does Blueiris support two way audio on kd8003? Can you activate the mic/loudspeaker?

I think so. Mic is working for sure as I have one Hik compatible camera with a mic. I did not try a loudspeaker yet.
My idea was different. Just use the BI server as the Windows platform for the SDK. It seems like you have another idea.
I do not know if you have BI but there is no better NVR compared to BI.

Ah, no I dont use two way audio anymore, my setup is fully based on sip now

Started thinking about BI as a platform for the 8003. If I add it and it supports BiDi audio, it will be the simplest thing to work with it. HA detects all BI cameras automatically once I have set the integration. I now control the way BI records and reports by the state of the alarm.
That might be nice.

what do you want to do ? do you want to intercept a doorcall and start talking with the visitor?

That will be the best. BI supports Sealevel Modbus devices. A bit strange as Modbus is generic.
This would enable trapping a call. Sealevel is expensive thus I might use other stuff like Shelly or the SDK.

Don’t think it will work, on incoming event, you first need to do a pickup or abort the callsignal, that ISAPi command doesnt work on 8003

What do you want to do exactly?

I use HA polling Asterisk for the 8003 doorbells state, and then use an automation to intercept the outgoing phone call to either a) I’m home, make a doorbell chime noise through the house, and show the video stream on my Google Home, silently hang up the call, or b) let it ring through to my mobile via SIP and send me a screenshot of the person at the door. Video I can look at through my Synology surveillance station.

Ah ok, almost the same setup as me…
Have you enabled SIP on the 8003 , to register it as an extension on asterisk?
Btw, what softphone do you use on your mobile? You don’t see any early video right? (Video before pick-up)

I have enabled SIP yes. To get it reliable in Asterisk I had to go to the latest firmware released in June. Prior to this the extension’s registration would eventually stop and the doorbell SIP status page would show disconnected. Needed to reboot the doorbell or re-save the credentials to get it to reconnect.

The newest firmware has been a lot better; it does drop out once a week or so, but it does auto-reconnect now (audible by that annoying siren sound that goes off).

I don’t use a soft phone on the mobile, it rings through the PSTN (Asterisk SIP to SIP provider to telephone network). No video through PSTN obviously, so I just use the screenshot that HA pushes to me to tell who’s there or open up Synology surveillance station if necessary for video.

Ah ok, I do it the other way around, I don’t use the sip settings on 8003, I just register like an indoor station registers on the 8003… I have setup an outbound trunk on asterisk

I also had bad experience with sip settings…

I use linphone/linhome softphone client… I recompiled it with android studio and injected manually an RTSP stream for early video and video during call…

You don’t have any indoor stations maybe?

Correct, doorbell outside only

Ah ok, then indeed you are more limited…
I have 2 indoor stations, and on regular tablets I use the Lovelace sip card