DSC Alarm integration

I got it, after seen this post

I was missing

partitions:
    1:
      name: 'Home Alarm'

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the great work with this DSC integration project. It helps me a lot. I have a request about implement a flag for the code 660 PGM Output command? Would need it to open my garageport with the DSC keyfob.

Thanks for this plugin, it works wonderfully with my DSC & Envisalink 4.

I just want to ask 3 small things:

What is “alpha” (Ready) in Home Keypad?

My second question is, what are these “Ready - Force Arm” messages? At this moment it is disarmed, but I still see these messages on the graph.

My third question is: I have two partitions. Zones are defined by

envisalink:
  host: 192.168.1.xx
  panel_type: DSC
  user_name: xxx
  password: xxx
  code: '1234'
  port: 4025
  evl_version: 4
  keepalive_interval: 60
  zonedump_interval: 30
  zones:
    10:
      name: 'Home - door'
      type: 'opening'
    9:
      name: 'Home - motion'
      type: 'motion'
    1:
      name: 'Shop - front door'
    2:
      name: 'Shop - motion'
    4:
      name: 'Warehouse'
    5:
      name: 'Servis - motion'
    6:
      name: 'Servis - door'
  partitions:
    1:
      name: 'Business'
    2:
      name: 'Home'

Zones doesn’t need to be linked in some way to partitions in the config, right? It’s working fine, I’ll just want to be sure.

One more thing, if Envisalink is unavailable it stops starting HA:

2018-10-28 10:45:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "uvloop/loop.pyx", line 1881, in create_connection
  File "uvloop/loop.pyx", line 1860, in uvloop.loop.Loop.create_connection
OSError: [Errno 113] Host is unreachable
2018-10-28 10:45:18 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of envisalink is taking over 10 seconds.

Hello,

I’m about to order a DSC system for my home security. I was thinking of adding the internet module TL280 to it, but only now do I discover that won’t suffice for integrating with home assistant :frowning:

Can anybody answer these questions so that I can make my final decision? I would appreciate it a lot:

1. I’ve read that when one uses the Envisalink module, only one concurrent access is possible, and home assistant would be using it. Adding the Internet module TL280 would also enable an alternate access for redundancy purposes, right?
  2. I’ve read up on the vendor’s site, and the instructions dot the Envisalink device suggests one needs to register for an account and pair the device with the online service. Is this mandatory at all? I would rather not expose my data to online services unless needed.
  3. If I want to spare myself the TL280 module, can anybody comment on what would happen if HA was down and I wanted to access my alarm system?

I thank everyone in advance,

1. I have no experience with the TL280 module, but I don’t really see much use for it for “redundancy purposes”, especially since HA apparently doesn’t support it. If you lose Internet connectivity, then where is the redundancy?

2. It’s quite possible you could get away without creating an Eyezon account and get the board working, but I’ve not read of anyone who has done this. Probably worth trying. You do give up the ability to use the Eyezon mobile apps which have their own ability to arm/disarm and more importantly, ALERT you (or an alarm service) fully independent of HA. So that would be a good redundancy option in case HA is down.

3. In addition to using the Eyezon mobile app or web site, you can also directly access the web server on the Envisalink board with a userid/pw. Of course, you will need a VPN running if you need to access it externally.

1. Well, I seem to have undervalued the product. I thought it only served as a bridge between the alarm and HA, but I now understand it also features an embedded webserver which enables standalone access to the alarm itself, right? If this is the case, then he TL280 is not adding any value, other than being a fully supported accessory by DSC I guess.
  2. Understood. I currently own a Paradox alarm system, and I can access the alarm system through an app using their internet module. It also is able to notify Alarm Reception Centres when an intrusion is detected. I assume the TL280 does the same and I don’t know whether the Envisalink is able to notify ARC, and if it does I don’t know if ARM in my country will be willing accept notifications generated by this device (there is some sort of certification that security devices must hold if one of these ARMs is to be engaged).
  3. VPN is fine. I’m accessing my HA over VPN, running in a separate hw.

The embedded EVL web server is shown below. It will show you the status of your zones and let you arm/disarm. It also will let you configure network settings and the IP of the alarm service.

I have the 4th edition board. I have home assistant reading the board. Also eyezon is reading the board at the same time. I have not had any issues.

Thanks for your feedback. I called yesterday Eyezone to bitterly discover that my alarm panel (DSC Neo) does not support these modules anymore. I’m frustrated! Can anybody suggest an alternative for cases like mine?

Thanks

I use the pc1832. Just added 2 expansion boards.

Care to elaborate further?

You just replace your neo with the pc1832. When you run out of 8 slots add more expansion boards. Then add a evl4 board. Map home assistant to its ip address of evl4 board. Your off and running.

nice feature would be utilising the Inputs pgm1-4 on the touchscreen panel like i did in homeseer, so when input button 1 is pressed it can be linked to a light in the room etc or an entire scene in hassio

thank you if this is possible

Will this work with wireless sensors that are controlled by my alarm panel?

My movement sensors are changing a lot and because of this History&Logbook are extremely slow. If I disable them, History&Logbook are fast again. Somehow it would be good to fix this, because disabling history&recorder on these entities is not a great solution.

@kitus

Take a look at the Konnected Alarm Panel as a replacement. It’s fully supported by Home Assistant as an integration, relatively inexpensive, has unlimited expandable zones, and has ethernet built-in.

I have no personal experience with it, so check the HA user forum for user experiences and any issues.

I have HA hooked to my envisalink 3 and am using a SPDT relay board hooked to PGM1 on my DSC 1832 panel to open and close my garage door. I have my DSC panel set to require the unlock passcode to open the garage door to avoid accidental opens. On my normal DSC panel if I type *71 it then asks me for my passcode and once I enter it the garage door opens/closes.

Now in HA if I execute a script to keypress *71, I get a message in the home-assistant.log stating:
2018-12-14 10:57:18 ERROR (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.dsc_client] The envisalink asked for a code, but we have no code in our cache.

I do have my passcode in my configuration.yaml and HA is able to use it to disarm the system. How can I modify the script that controls the PGM to also pass the passcode after passing *71?

BTW, thanks for the excellent EVL/HA integration. This module is impressive!

Well, I found one way to do this…I’m sure there is a better way of doing this, as this script just calls the keypress service twice. It also leaves a request for the code up on some of my other apps that use the envisalink and still prints the error about having no code in our cache in the home-assistant.log. Does anyone have a better way to send multiple commands to the EVL?

alias: Toggle Garage Door
sequence:

• data:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    keypress: ‘*71’
    service: alarm_control_panel.envisalink_alarm_keypress
  • data:
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    keypress: ‘XXXX’
    service: alarm_control_panel.envisalink_alarm_keypress

Many thanks @GaryOkie! :slight_smile: this definitely sounds like a solution… I will think about it! :slight_smile: