DSMR Encryption of smart meters in Luxembourg

As the data of luxembourgish smart meters are encrypted, it would be great to have the possibility to enter the encryption key directly in the setup of the dsmr intergreation.

Thx in advance.

Make sure to vote for your own feature request. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe I found a solution here: Integrate to Home assistant · Issue #1 · NEXXTLAB/go-smarty-reader · GitHub

I set up dsmr with Domoticz on a raspberry pi 3. The software includes a possibility to enter a decryption key. Then I publish the values via mqtt to home assistant. Not an very elegant solution but it works.

Got a Slimmelezer P1 (Ethernet) but since P1 E10 is not ESPHome (unlike Slimmelezer+) can’t provide the decryption key from the ESPHome configuration.
So I have to use DSMR but unfortunately there’s no way to provide the decription key (or I didn’t find it).
It would be great to have this in DSMR (since it impacts Luxemburgers and also Austrian users from what I understood), therefore I vote for it.
Thanks.

Similar request: DSMR Slimme Meter integration to deal with decryption for Luxembourgish meters (and maybe other countries such as Austria)

The new update to the underlying library now supports that: Adds support for the Sagemcom T210-D-r smart meter installed by Austr… · ndokter/dsmr_parser@09f4afc · GitHub

Update dsmr integration to use dsmr_parser 0.34 and with that add parameters:

:param str encryption_key: encryption key
:param str authentication_key: authentication key

This then enables new specification SAGEMCOM_T210_D_R

can i use this solution ?

but my provider just gave me encryption_key