DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

thank you Sander for your response. don’t know what caused it. but I reinstalled dsmr, Metabase and timescale and re-entered all the settings and now it works again.

How do I update DSMR-reader?

HA wil let you know when i publish a new addon version. Update to 5.10.4? · Issue #80 · sanderdw/hassio-addons · GitHub

1 Like

I have the same issue, I’m following these steps Updating DSMR-reader — DSMR-reader v5 documentation but I don’t have a user ‘dsmr’

I have no idea how to add it, I’ve tried through the ‘normal steps’ of creating a user (made it admin and so on) but that didn’t seem to do the trick. I’ve run cat /etc/passwd and my own user pops up, but not the user dsmr
I think this is blocking me from proceeding to the next step
./deploy.sh

UPDATE: think I’ve gotten one step closer, but not there yet…
running this command

docker exec -it addon_0826754b_dsmr_reader bash

after which I failed to update again

UPDATE2:
I ran this command which updated the docker
docker pull xirixiz/dsmr-reader-docker:latest

However, still stuck at updating from v5.10.3 to a later version

Don’t update in the addon itself, the Home Assistant Addons architecture, which is based on Docker, is not build for updating things that way.

And regarding the 5.10.4 update, you really don’t need to update as it’s only a depandancy update, see Update to 5.10.4? · Issue #80 · sanderdw/hassio-addons · GitHub

I missed the v5.11 update, but here it is :slightly_smiling_face::

2024-03-18: DSMR Reader Add-on v 1.11.0, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

2 Likes

Installed the latest version (1.11.0) together with Timescale 4.0.1 and a up and running MSQT broker ( 6.4.0). But when i look at the entry’s like sensor.dsmr_current_month_electricity1 or sensor.dsmr_current_month_gas they tell me : unknown . When i look at the MSQT messages (using MSQT explorer) there enough information available. I already restart the Timescale add-on etc etc but nothing happens. Somebody who can guide me the way where to look

Hey Sander,

Thanks for the update 3 weeks ago. But since Timescale 4.0.1 (2 weeks now) i’m getting the warning back like last year (see: Link). Addon is using a “old version” of the "pg_dump” backup tool. Timescale 4.0.1 is working with Postgresql 16.2

Thanks for looking in to it.
p.s. How is it going with your son?

pg_dump: error: aborting because of server version mismatch
pg_dump: detail: server version: 16.2; pg_dump version: 15.6
2024-03-31 17:39:40,310 ERROR    schedule     execute_scheduled_processes      39 | (AttributeError) dsmr_backup.services.backup.run errored: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'read'

Working with HA in VM (Proxmox)

So you see the DSMR Reader putting messages on the MQTT broker? Did you follow these instructions? DSMR Reader - Home Assistant

As the underlying image needs to support this i created a feature request: Postgresql client Upgrade (pg_dump) · Issue #351 · xirixiz/dsmr-reader-docker · GitHub

After this is done i can release a new version.

Thank you for asking, my son is doing really great and his older brother is taking good care of him :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Good to hear that all is going good Sander :heart: So mom and dad have a easy life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And thanks for making the the request. We will see the update eventually :grin:

Yeah sure, when i read de MQTT messages (using MQTT explorer) is see the DSMR messages.
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 203943
but when i look at the entities :

Within de DSMR config:
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 204448

Hey @TheCosmicGate, like Sander was saying. Do you have installed beside the DSMR reader Addon (from Sander) installed the DSMR Reader in “intergrations” ?

sure i did

Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 211601

Okay @TheCosmicGate, I couldn’t see it in your other message :wink: but try to remove the dsmr intergration and reinstall it again.

1 Like

That seems to be the solution for now. It’s working again

1 Like

Anyone that has a working configuration for for DSMR Reader for Slimmelezer+ by Zuidwijk, connected via WiFi, and currently hooks directly with HA via ESPHome?

Or maybe it is not possible to connect to if from the add-on?

@marieper it’s not possible with esphome. Because DSMR Reader needs or a usb device (that shows the telegrams) or needs a telnet device. Sadly esphome doesn’t support that.

I thought that i read somewere you could flash the “slimmelezer” from Marcel with a other firmware, so it could use telnet. And then use DSMR Reader plugin :wink: (https://www.zuidwijk.com/using-esp-link/)

Not sure exactly but I thought to remember that it works with DMSR Reader, if that’s the case it could also work with the addon.