DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

No I can’t finde the atomic calendars. How can I troubleshoot the root cause

With Dashboard you talking about?

I meant this part:

I am playing around right now. Your custom cards are just available inside the whole 1-click-dashboard package?

But it’s always really hard to get something out from a finished config especially with templates because my knowledge is missing there.

Thanks in advance

Great job. Here are my questions /thoughts
I’m going to wait for areas over groups myself as this will fit more with how home assistant seems to work and will be faster to configure.
Calling this a theme is a bit confusing as ha themes are just colors. This is much more.
Is there a way to have just the room information presented as tiles like the home screen to display on the room tablet?
Hope this gets integrated into the main version as I really don’t want there to be separate ways of doing things and breaking changes along the way.
Great work. Really appreciated.

That is my dashboard, you can’t just use things out of the design/dashboard standalone. Everything is build into 1 package. You either need to use my dashboard or make it yourself :slight_smile:

@dwains It’s a Nest Hub Max, so clearing the cache is a bit difficult.
I use this blueaprint automation to achive this: Cast and re-cast a lovelace view to a Google Hub
You can try it yourself.
These are my settings in the automation:

This works with the default lovelace theme and dashboard after tweaking the resources (adding the resources that give a red box).

Here are some faqs about it: Home Assistant Cast - FAQ

Maybe this is the cause, but I don’t know much about this. This is a the bottom of the faq page:
Some custom cards rely on things that are only available in the normal Home Assistant interface. This requires an update by the custom card developer.

If you’re a custom card developer: the most common mistake is that LitElement is extracted from an element that is not available on the page.

Thank you Dwain for all your efforts in terms of this project, awesome work!

Is it possible to have more than one media_player (TV, Soundbar)/Lights (Ceiling, Floor lamp) in a Room? Tried with more_entities, but they won’t show up in Devices > Media Players/Lights when turned on.

Looking forward to any suggestion.

Thanks again!

Create a group and use the group?

I thought I am not able to control every device in a group individually I thought wrong…

Works fine, thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I am discovering the customizing of DD and started to use more page and addons.
Can I also change the weather page that comes up by clicking the weather in the main view?

1 Like

Have got the Atomic Calendar working - are you still having issues?

1 Like

Thanks for asking, I greatly appreciate it, but the dashboard stopped loading at all. I don’t have much time to play with this stuff these days so I just uninstalled it. If you have a working config you could post, it may help someone else that was asking before I did.
I would like to come back to this in the future also so having something to look at to figure it out would be nice.

thanks

1 Like

Find My now also in Dwains Dashboard!

Grap your copy now: dwains-dashboard-addons/more_page/find_my at master · dwainscheeren/dwains-dashboard-addons · GitHub

1 Like

Here is the page.yaml content that I have - located in “config/dwains-dashboard/addons/house_information/calendar”
`# dwains_dashboard
## House-information add-on: Calendar
## Created by Jeroen Klompen
## Version: 1.1.0

• type: custom:dwains-heading-card
    title: {{ name }}
  • type: custom:atomic-calendar-revive
    style: |
    ha-card {
    border-radius: 5px;
    background-color: var(–dwains-theme-primary);
    }
    .cal-titleContainer {
    display: none;
    }
    showProgressBar: false
    eventBarColor: ‘var(–dwains-theme-grey)’
    dayWrapperLineColor: ‘var(–dwains-theme-grey)’
    timeColor: ‘var(–dwains-theme-grey)’
    entities:
    {{ (data | fromjson)[‘calendars’] }}`

Note: It looks like the addon has been removed from https://github.com/dwainscheeren/dwains-dashboard-addons/blob/a584b00d9faca731f73d73592cc58f648dc04f59/house_information/calendar/page.yaml

I have then followed the instruction located here: https://marksie1988.github.io/atomic-calendar-revive/quickstart.html

Hope that helps - any questions - let me know, and will try to help

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Has anyone been able to put multiple fans under the addon page? I’m struggling to do so. I don’t want to group them because I want to control separately.

Here is my code:
page.yaml:

# dwains_theme
## Created by Cameron
## Room add-on: FAN-control
## Version: 1.0.0

- type: vertical-stack
  cards:
    - type: custom:dwains-flexbox-card
      padding: true
      items_classes: 'col-lg-6 col-md-6 col-sm-12 col-xs-12'
      cards:
        - type: horizontal-stack
          cards:
          - type: custom:button-card
            style: |
                ha-card {
                  background: var(--dwains-theme-primary);
                  border-radius: 10px;
                  box-shadow: 10px;
                  font-weight: bold;
                  opacity: 0.8;
                }
            icon: mdi:fan
            name: 'Fan'
            entity: {{ (data | fromjson)['entity'] }}
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: fan.toggle
              service_data:
                entity_id: {{ (data | fromjson)['entity'] }}
                #speed: 'off'
            state:
              - operator: template
                value: >
                    [[[ if (states['{{ (data | fromjson)['entity'] }}'].state === 'off' ) return 'on'; ]]]
            styles:
              icon:
                - color: >
                    [[[ if (states['{{ (data | fromjson)['entity'] }}'].state === 'off') return '#grey'; return '#299ec2' ; ]]]

rooms.yaml

# https://dwainscheeren.github.io/dwains-lovelace-dashboard/configuration/rooms.html

resources:
  - url: /hacsfiles/hass-bha-icons/hass-bha-icons.js
    type: js

rooms:
  - name: Main Bedroom
    icon: mdi:lamp
    light: group.main_bedroom
    temperature: sensor.main_bedroom_temp
    humidity: sensor.main_bedroom_humidity
    media_player: media_player.samsung_un65ks8000
    cover: cover.switchbot_curtain
    more_entities:
      entities:
        - entity: cover.switchbot_curtain
    addons: ## Room Page Extra Button
      - name: Fan
        icon: fas:fan
        path: "dwains-dashboard/addons/rooms/mainbedroom/fan/page.yaml"
        button_path: "dwains-dashboard/addons/rooms/mainbedroom/fan/button.yaml"
        data:
          fans:
            - entity: fan.main_bathroom_fan
            - entity: fan.main_toilet_fan

Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

You need to create a for loop and loop each entity

The calendar is back: dwains-dashboard-addons/house_information/calendar at for-dd-2.0 · dwainscheeren/dwains-dashboard-addons · GitHub

1 Like

Yes. House_infornation is back!

1 Like

What’s the reason why not all devices are in the right corner on top when the device is on?
I have several devices but the devices based on a sensor by example aren’t listed when they are powered on.

Update time!!!

:tada: V2.0.3 - Compatible with HA 2021.5

v2.0.3 is only compatible with HA 2021.5 and newer!

How to install 2.0.3 fresh (if you are new):

It contains some small core changes, not notable, compatibility with HA 2021.5.

Download v2.0.3 here

How to update to 2.0.3:

If you are running 2.0.0, 2.0.1 or 2.0.2:

1. Download version 2.0.2 and unzip the file.
  2. Inside this folder you will see a folder called custom_components copy this folder.
  3. Go to the main folder of your Home Assistant installation. This is the folder where you config is. (Hint: its the folder where for example the files ui-lovelace.yaml and configuration.yaml are located).
  4. Paste the custom_components to the main folder of your Home Assistant installation and overwrite all existing files!
  5. Make sure you are updated to HA 2021.5!!
  6. Reboot your Home Assistant
  7. Clear your browser cache on all devices
  8. You are done!

If you are running older version then 2.0.0:
First upgrade to 2.0.0 and then to 2.0.3. To upgrade to 2.0.0 follow this upgrade guide: Dwains Lovelace Dashboard | An auto generating Home Assistant Lovelace UI dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile by Dwains for desktop, tablet, mobile

Please consider a donation :+1:

New here with Dwains Dashboard?

6 Likes