Dyson fan unable to add devices

Glad its not just me, hopefully it gets resolved soon

Ditto, wonder if they changed the API access.

I’ll add my ditto as well… Not much of a python coder, but new to home assistant, took a quick look. Debugging the code quickly, and the login URL request is returning a 403, so the web request is definitely being denied at the Dyson end.

Thought I’d check the official dyson doco (https://libpurecoollink.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) to see if it was obvious. The home assistant code is using hardcoded refrences to web URLs, but the official python library is totally different / just API calls. I don’t know whether anyone has enough background to explain whether the integration might be old, or it is a conscious choice to do with being a private setup?

Just restarted and receiving a Config error, all Fan entities are no longer available. :frowning:

Same issue here

Seems to be an Issue on the Dyson Server side. Looks like they are blocking a previously used UserAgent. There seems to be a fix available. Hopefully this will trickle down fast also to the HA Component.

Anyone list this as an open issue yet?

Also having this problem, glad it’s not just me. Hoping there’s a fix soon :slight_smile:

I have not, not sure how to do that

Luckily someone already reported the bug. A fix has been compiled. Just a matter of time for it to be included in a official release.

FYI, HASS 0.114.0 includes the updated libraries to fix this issue

It did, but I restarted HA today and it is no longer there. Anyone experiencing this again?

It works for me again now. Although it adds the fan as both fan and climate entities:

fan.dysonfan
climate.dysonfan

Which is slightly annoying as it feeds both of those to Alexa, and Alexa has no clue which one to trigger when you try to turn it on. Unfortunately you can’t change the name of the devices/entities if there are duplicates with the same name.

Not sure if this is new, but I’ve only started encountering this issue since the update.

Climate gets created for the hot + cool fans.Does Alexa integration not have a way of filtering out entities?

I am on 114 and issues still remains, worked fine until now.

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• dyson

Please check your config.

Are you having it automatically pick up your devices or did you input your devices manually in the config.yaml?

I added it manually in config. I am not aware that it can auto pick it up.

Can you share your configuration.yaml for the Dyson fan??

Similar, all was working on 0.114.2, rebooted due to a HACS upgrade, and now Dyson configuration is invalid. All are manually defined within config.

I should note that I have 5 fans. I did receive a notification that one has detected a fault. When this occurs, if I do not power cycle it, and reboot HA, 4 would come back, and the trouble unit would become unavailable. No longer the case. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Update, if one device goes offline (with a Dyson reported fault), the entire component does not load with a HA restart. Removing the faulty unit in configuration.yaml, allows the component to reload with the remaining devices.