Easee EV charging station

Hi! For those interested, I have made a card to match the Easee charger:

Try it out, improvements are welcome. Keep in mind I am not a card developer and this is my first card, so bugs and limitations are to be expected. I’m also busy in my (paid) daytime work, so not everything happens immediately. But feel free to see if this is something for you and propose changes!

The card is available on HACS, but not as default and thus only by adding the git repo as custom repo.

Cheers!

7 Likes

How is the work with turning this into an official integration going?

3 Likes

I would like to know if I understand correct that with easee integration and chargingbot I would be able to control the charging power level and on/off? Does it use the ocpp API and the wifi connection? Is any Cloud service necessary for it?

The idea sounds awesome
Thank you

Hi! It is going quite slowly, seems that core team has been busy with other stuff, and we have therefore focused more on the custom component and developed it further. So let’s see what the future bring. We’re working to have it in the default HACS library though to make it a bit more available and avoid that people must add the repo as custom also in HACS.

Hi! Sure you can switch charging on/off and also apply limits so that you in practice will decide which power the car is able to draw from the charger. It is currently polling from the cloud and cloud service is therefor necessary - this is for the time being the only option with Easee, but a request for local API is the most voted requests on upvoty. Please feel free to support it here. If it will ever come or not is not up to us, but to Easee, so we can not tell.

1 Like

Please have look at this implementation OCPP Server Plugin for linking electric car chargers! by @OrangeTux

What charger have you used this with?

What charger have you used this with?

As of now - none. But I plan to integrate Mennekes Amtron…

There are SignalR related errors in my log:
Logger: websocket
Source: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/websocket/_logging.py:66
First occurred: 9:03:01 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:03:16

• error from callback <bound method BaseHubConnection.on_open of <signalrcore.hub.auth_hub_connection.AuthHubConnection object at 0xa91d70e8>>: on_open() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given
  • error from callback <bound method BaseHubConnection.on_message of <signalrcore.hub.auth_hub_connection.AuthHubConnection object at 0xa91d70e8>>: on_message() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
  • error from callback <bound method BaseHubConnection.on_close of <signalrcore.hub.auth_hub_connection.AuthHubConnection object at 0xa91d70e8>>: on_close() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given

The info says: nosignalr

What is wrong?
Is it even related?

Found it: https://github.com/websocket-client/websocket-client/commit/3112b7d75b1e5d65cb8fdfca7801606649044ed1
This fix in websocket_client-0.58 breaks it. One must use websocket_client-0.56 to make it work.

signalr

Hi!
For a while now nine of my easee entities has been marked as unreachable (orphant?). Has there been any changes lately that can explain this (API, API-library or other code changes)?

Hi,

In version 0.9.29 (released 13.03.2021) some entities were renamed. The one in your screenshot is one of them. You can check here for reference: Releases · fondberg/easee_hass · GitHub

So you probably have to add the entities again from the configuration of the integration, and then update your dashboards/automations/scripts/whatever. Or if you have issues simply just remove and reinstall the integration (In that case I recommend restarting HA in between removing and reinstalling, to avoid orphan entities messing up the naming).

That cleared things up, thanks o bunch!

Hi, I wonder to know what is the function of the smart charging switch ? I did not find any reference to this in the manual of the charger. Thx in advance.

has any one in this thread found a way to find out which car is currently using the charger?

Hi. Thank you very much for a great integration. Before moving to home assistant I was using the pyeasee in a python script, and that package had support for calling the Easee API functions to both read and set limits for the charging currents per phase (L1, L2 and L3) to load balance and avoid blowing the fuses on a phase-by-phase basis. However as I understand it this HASS integration only supports reading and limiting the currents with the same current for all three phases. Any specific reason for that? And any plans to implement the API’s possibility to read and set currents per phase?

Hi Anders,

It should be the same capabilities, and you can provide all phase currents. However, it is optional to provide three phases and if only one is given, the same number is used for all three. If three are given, they are set accordingly. See set_charger_circuit_dynamic_limit as example:

There are others though, which are only for one number:

Which is also the case in the pyeasee library, and corresponds with Easee API:

The “hierarchy” for limits in Easee is quite complex, so it takes a while to understand it fully though. Take a look again, and report back if you still find mismatches.

Hi

Thank you very much for the clarification. I have one more question regarding reading out the currents via the sensor sensor.easee_home_92011_current and the attributes (see image)

What does the aggregated sensor value represent (not the T2-T5 attributes)? Is it the summed current for all phases, or the average, or maximum?

As I recall it, it is showing the maximum value of the phase current as “main” state.

Hello, I have just installed the integration via HACS, rebooted HA but I cannot find it in Configuration > Integrations. Is there anything lese I should do ?