Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

if any of the other tts would offer what alexa offers me i would have done it as soon as it was available.
sadly enough it isnt.

2 Likes

I don’t understand - There have been 2 updates for this integration in the last week or so.
I don’t have any issues with the integration. It starts and works on every restart of HA.
Please explain your reasoning for your post - what have I missed?

Many of us have an issue where the integration crashes reporting a cookie problem when you restart HA. If you wait one minute and then reload the integration, it always starts like normal. The issue started after a change to HA in June. The 2024.6.2 release I believe. There is hope the issue may be resolved next time HA upgrades Python. There is a dev working on a fix now that may work also. Until then the automation I posted is a work around. The issue is probably depending on which other integration that people have installed as it may alter the startup sequence of HA

hello, i installed through HACS the latest version (v4.12.1) and, once I restart HA and try to add the integration I get this error:
{“message”:“Invalid handler specified”}

Any idea how to solve it? I uninstalled and installed it again several times, I did a hard reset of the PC and I am still getting the same error. Thanks

Hello, I installed the Alexa media player integration. I would like to have a picture card or any type of card on my dashboard to play a certain playlist on Amazon Music when tapped. I saw some code in the docs but I am confused on where that code goes and how it knows my playlists. If someone could help a beginner that would be appreciated!

Not able to login, after homeassistant update 2024.8

Is it only me having this issue ?

1 Like

Thank you so much it worked…

Alexa Media Player v4.12.7 now requires alexapy v1.28.2 in its manifest.json and everything seems to be stable and working on Home Assistant Core 2024.8.0!

i was having the same issue then i restored from full-backup and then:

1. updated the Alexa Media Player to v4.12.7
  2. Home Assistant Core to 2024.8.0

at this point things were lokking good but the entities go offline after sometime and they never come back online…

i’m getting this warning:

Logger: alexapy.helpers
Source: custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py:785
integration: Alexa Media Player ([documentation](https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/wiki), [issues](https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues))
First occurred: 08:17:02 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:59:19

* alexaapi.get_customer_history_records((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b96860770>,), {'max_record_size': 10}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('Unauthorized',)
* alexaapi.get_last_device_serial((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b96860770>,), {}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('Unauthorized',)
* alexaapi.get_customer_history_records((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b73f35f70>,), {'max_record_size': 10}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('',)
* alexaapi.get_last_device_serial((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b73f35f70>,), {}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('',)

i tried removing the account and the logged in again but it behaves as before…

Did you also manually update manifest.json like it says in the posts right above yours?

i checked that file and it contains the correct versions

{
  "domain": "alexa_media",
  "name": "Alexa Media Player",
  "codeowners": ["@alandtse", "@keatontaylor"],
  "config_flow": true,
  "dependencies": ["persistent_notification", "http"],
  "documentation": "https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/wiki",
  "iot_class": "cloud_polling",
  "issue_tracker": "https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues",
  "loggers": ["alexapy", "authcaptureproxy"],
  "requirements": ["alexapy==1.28.2", "packaging>=20.3", "wrapt>=1.14.0"],
  "version": "4.12.7"
}

it happend again and log says:

Logger: alexapy.helpers
Source: custom_components/alexa_media/__init__.py:785
integration: Alexa Media Player (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:48:14 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:48:14

alexaapi.get_customer_history_records((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b73f9eb70>,), {'max_record_size': 10}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('Unauthorized',)
alexaapi.get_last_device_serial((<alexapy.alexalogin.AlexaLogin object at 0x7f4b73f9eb70>,), {}): An error occurred accessing AlexaAPI: An exception of type AlexapyLoginError occurred. Arguments: ('Unauthorized',)

Hmm. Unauthorised error. Try reloading the integration. If that doesn’t work, restart HA just in case.

Reloading the integration works but it keeps happening…

Sorry mate, I’m all out of ideas

i’m done with all this and i think i will throw away the amazon main board and put a arduino nano matter board in air quality sensors and have them connected locally…

Heh, was randomly browsing around and might have found your issue!

Change "alexapy==1.28.2" to "alexapy>=1.28.2", then reload.

If it works, all credits go to this post.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, i will try this and report back

This literally does nothing while there is no alexapy release beyond 1.28.2. It also will lead to weird potential errors in the future if you fail to update amp and we do any release with alexapy. So I don’t think this is a good idea.

My setup is working perfect after the patch. No issues since this idea popped up