Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

yes the sizes are similar and i see the pycache file now that i went the physical location. i was using IDE on iframe.

Comment out the component, reboot and try again?

tried :frowning: should i try deleting the pycache? i see i has some files still related to alexa and media_player

It won’t hurt anything. If it was me, I’d delete the whole alexa_media folder. Remove the configuration entries. Upgrade to 88.2. I’d then use configurator addon to create three new files and then copy and paste the contents from the RAW page for each of three files. Then add the config entries back and see if config will validate. I’ve seen several people who could only c&p to get their install working. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

unfortunately i think your right

edit: This worked

There are two alexa pickle files in my config folder? One with my email adress in it. Are they both for the new version of this component or is one from the old version?

Can I sally remove the one without the email adress in it?

1.0.0 added the email address since we enabled multiple accounts. You can delete the one without the email address as that was for older versions.

1 Like

Can you show an example of calling a routine?
Does it work only with routine that involve music or does it work with any routine?

I just tried this and it work, yesterday was not working, so maybe something from Amazon side.

{
  "entity_id": "media_player.guest_room",
  "media_content_id": "Rai Radio 2",
  "media_content_type": "TUNEIN"
}

Routine example.
Whatever Alexa’s app let’s you control with a routine.

1.1.0 is out.
New Features:

Fixes:

• Entry too long database errors (resolve #88)
  • Display of media position while playing (resolve #91)
  • Routines failing if only one step or presence of non_utterance routines (resolve #90)
  • Configurator failure if no verification options available (resolve #101)
  • TTS failure with multiple accounts (resolve #86)
  • Configurator only able to configure one account per restart (resolve #98)
  • Multiple last_called devices for same account (resolve #97)

Full changelog.

As always, please use the the Wiki and FAQ if you need instructions or have questions. Also, please help in documenting features in the wiki since this thread is basically unsearchable now. We also use GitHub for bug reports/feature requests .

Thanks! Great work. Last_called updates instantly now.

Now that this works, I like to know if it’S necessary to use delays to give it time to update.

- alias: Alexa Routine washing machine
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.alexa_routine_wash
    to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: homeassistant.turn_off
      entity_id: input_boolean.alexa_routine_wash
    - delay: "00:00:02"
    - service: alexa_media.update_last_called 
    - delay: "00:00:01" #not sure about the delays?
- service: homeassistant.turn_on
  data_template: 
    entity_id: >
      {% if is_state("binary_sensor.wash_state", "on") %}
        script.alexa_routine_wash_on
      {% else %}
        script.alexa_routine_wash_off
      {% endif %} 

So what do you think, would it be fast enough to use this without delays?

EDIT: I cant’t finde it know, but there was a thread where two people wanted to use the voiceprofil in alexa and it wasn’t available for german users than. I think it was @ReneTode @lonebaggie and/or @PlayedIn. Am I right?
Voice profiles are now available in german too. (EDIT 2: I probably confuse it with this topic Alexa Announce Feature - Text to Speach via Alexa now a possability?)

Would be interested in what you want or can do with it (together with ha)

you mean rich text (with commands like pause) in the TTS is possible now?

I have a this routine.

When I say “Alexa, apri tenda sala” (meaning “open living room tent”) I activate a Smart Home device to open it.

So, I’ve tried this (also without “Alexa,”) but it doesn’t work.

Probably, I’m missing something… :thinking:

pause also worked before this update, don’t know waht you mean

@woody4165
I have the same issues with routines.
Maybe you can share that in the issue as this shows that I’m not the only one. Do you have echo buttons that trigger routines?
https://githubkeatontaylor/custom_components/issues/90.com/

are you saying that it was already possible to use things like:

<break time="3s"/>

Sry I don’t know that. I also edited the posting above.

so you say pause was already possible, how did you mean it was possible to make a pause?

Pressing the pause button in the media player card, so using the service media_player.media_pause.

Wheren’t you the one that asked for the voice recognition feature in German (I read it in some topic, I could also confuse this with the announce feature, which might be something completely different)?

I am wondering if someone here uses this voice recognition feature? And if there are smart ideas to use it with ha. But I maybe should put that to another topic.

ah yes, now i understand.
yeah voice recognition is already a while possible now in germany.
i havent gotten around to play with it though. amazon hasnt done anything with it, so it can be changing in the near future.
but with this component they should be able to add the person who last spoke as an attribute to the last alexa. (which would make it possible to give different responses to different people)

I also thought about that, maybe there other ideas too how to use it too (if it also comes to this component in future, or maybe it is already there idk)