Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

Edit 3: Found the problem. It was my Pi-Hole that was blocking the traffic required for the authentication. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Simon, schau mal, hier habe ich die Installtion beschrieben: Alexa kostenlos in Home Assistant einrichten - YouTube

That would be excellent. Thanks!

And I’d just add data: source: [video feed url] ?

I’m currently using a garbled mess of tinycam, tasker, pushover, and pushover notification app to accomplish a camera doorbell popup. It’s slow, cloud dependent, and requires a bunch of ADB workarounds that I always fear will break in the next updates.

That only works with a camera which supports Alexa, it’s basically acting the same as you asking Alexa to show the camera on the Fire TV.
However, if you use the Home Assistant Alexa smart home skill (either self hosted or through Nabu Casa) abd your camera has a RTSP stream you should be able use the Generic Camera integration to add it to Home Assistant and then use it with that.

Thanks again. I’ll play this this over the weekend to see if I can get native p-i-p working with the blue iris stream

Is this working yet?

The linked doc goes to the main wiki page.

Thank you!

Does anybody else located in Germany has problems with alexa? The echos doesn’t react, the devices are not accessable via alexa app and the compopnent requests a login which doesn’t work

me, since 5 minutes. Alexa Media Player wants a reauthentication, which does not work.
And yes, seems its a general problem with Amazon. Playing from within the App doesn’t work either.

UK here and I have the same issue

I only have the issue with the re-authentication. My app and alexa is working fine, I also got a push message from the app, that someone (me with homeassistant) logged in.

Another UK user here. Reauthentication is successful, but the integration still requests reauthentication.

Good to know that it seem to be an issue on amazons side. Might be a bigger issue.

Antwort from Alexa: “Leider ist etwas schiefgelaufen”

Same issue here in Italy

Looks like AWS has issues again. Nothing on the AWS status page yet.

everything’s fine again in germany

Almost, yes. My speaker groups won’t play music.

checked that, same here. The speakergroups can even not be accessed in alexa the app.
But tts on a group works

Aside from this mornings issues with AWS, does everyone else have to reauthenticate the component every few weeks?

I’m using 2FA on my account (which from memory I thought helped stop reauthentication issues ?) but every few weeks I wake up to a text on my phone where AWS has sent a new code because the component has tried to log in…