Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

It is not a big issue as I can cast Sky Radio (the Dutch) to my Google devices with HA play media:
*** http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/ livestream-redirect/SKYRADIOAAC.aac**
*** audio/aac**

did you try this skill?
https://www.amazon.com/Vliegwerk-Dutch-Radio/dp/B07LGMMKK4

no luck. This just shows the url on my Echo Show, but no audio

But THIS WORKS:

alias: 1111111111skyradio
description: ""
trigger: []
condition: []
action:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    data:
      media_content_type: custom
      media_content_id: play dutch radio
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.zeide_bedroom
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
      milliseconds: 0
    data:
      media_content_id: play sky radio
      media_content_type: custom
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.zeide_bedroom
mode: single
2 Likes

Out of curiosity: what is this 1 second delay for in this automation? :thinking:

probably not needed, and I have not yet tried without it, but I assume that an in between 2 Alexa commands would help.

I cross link this issue here. Seems like there are obstacles ahead.

What I don’t understand that it seems that the other libraries (there is a node red example, which uses other stuff) are working (again) and/or where it was possible to fix the problems.

Ofc I cannot rant `(and can only wait) because I’m not a developer who is able to fix it, but if there is perhaps someone out there with skills and the same problem, perhaps it would be possible to fix it in the integration as well?

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am a little in trouble with Alexa Media:

I am trying to set the service to play my liked songs playlist from Spotify, but is impossible to let it work.
I tried several commands combinations, in both english and italian (my mother language and also the language of my Spotify account), but:

• Or the service selects the wrong playlist
  • Or replies saying “playlist not found” or something equivalent

I made tests both on the Alexa App side as well as on the Home Assistant side, with no success at all.

I am sure there is a special set of words to use, as the liked songs could be a “special” type of playlist… But I literally ran out of ideas :smiley:

Can anyone please help me?

Hi,

After the recent update of Alexa HACS integration. It’s asking for reconfiguration after every restart of Homeassistant.

Please guide how to fix this.

Regards

1 Like

I also have that same problem now. It asks me to log in again and again.

I updated today. Everything’s going well here with built in 2FA. Works rock solid the whole day.

PS 05.10: I had to reauthenticate yesterday morning one time. Did that and since then everything works as expected.

Try restarting homeassistant

I revert back to 4.7.4. and seems working again. Had same issue.

EDIT: Also with 4.7.4 I have to re activate all the time. So update to latest version for the other fixes that has been solved

Any suggestion to keep it working for at least 2 days?

same here as well

The error should be fixed with 4.7.7.
See here: Authentication error on HA 2023.10.0 - TypeError: Constructor parameter should be str · Issue #2059 · custom-components/alexa_media_player (github.com)

The below works, but how to delete it?
Currently its nowhere to be found on the Show or app, yet it is in the random slideshow…

data:
      media_content_type: image/png
      media_content_id: https://home-assistant.io/images/cast/splash.png
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.echo_show_5_2nd_gen

oh shite, I read that undo twice, well before I got it working, doh. cheers