Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed

what are you trying to do?
you had everything as it should be in spanish.
if TTS from automations is fine, then thats it.

she doesnt speak italian for sure.
and also from the mediaplayer she cant speak. (thats the message she speaks when you try it)

I can´t get to work in Spanish from Mexico I think amazon.com.mx is like Italy server and the tts service doesn´t work yet. I am going to wait for future updates .

It was a I mistake: I meant “I should have changed”

@NDNELSON Sorry to hear that :frowning:

@ReneTode Hello you said that she cant speak from the media player. So where can she speak or where can I heard tts?

services. (in home assistant developmenttools menu)
find media_player.alexa_tts

and with actions and scripts.

@ReneTode I`m trying with this script with no exit:

try the service

today on a new installation Hassio 0.83.1 alexa.py working good and finally speak italian on echo dot 3rd generation! FINNALY!!

1 Like

Only to confirm that TTS works also for Italian as for other languages.
In Alexa app, no choice for different phrases, so (apparently) the two issues are separated.

After a few tests, the following:
in history, the tts texts are reported as “simon says… text…”, while the digitalized texts taken directly from the dot device are without “simon says…”
i wasn’t able to send by tts a command such as “what time is it”, but perhaps the info is hidden in the 1308 messages before this one…

So we can use it to say custom phrases from media_player? I will try on sunday when at home to confirm this, it was not working until yesterday evening for sure :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yesss :grinning: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hum are you sure? Have been tryin to have Alexa speak Italian for hours

homeassistant 0.83.1
Linux hassbian 4.14.79-v7+

Text-to-Speech - Can be invoked from the HA UI services menu. media_player.alexa_tts and requires a payload like this:

{"entity_id": "media_player.bedroom_echo_dot", "message": "Test message"}
1 Like

With the current Home assistant finally works also in Italian !

1 Like

i can hardly see why its gome assistant effecting it.
can be a coinsidence that something changed at amazon.

its a custom plugin using amazon servers. its hardly something that HA effects.

1 Like

Agree with @ReneTode. It can’t be an home assistant fix, it must me on Amazon servers. I will try it tomorrow evening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed.
BTW in the app custom phrases are not allowed yet.

DOes anybody knows language code for spanish latin american I am trying with es-US but not work

On my Echo Plus and Echo Spot still doesn’t work…
If i try to send a custom text from the frontend, my Echo Spot answers saying in english:
" Sorry, text to speech cannot be read with the alexa tts media player service"
If using the UI services menu it says nothing…

I just set this up and all is working. I’d like to be able to send TTS to my “everywhere” group, but when I do it, it does not work. I see my media_player.everywhere entity, and this reflects the group I have set up in the Alexa app.

Does TTS not work when targeted at a “group” device? It works fine when I target an individual echo.