Eero Support

Thanks for the quick fix @343max ! I’ve pushed an update to the device tracker for Home Assistant to mimic the changes. @cjs28 give it a try again :slight_smile:

No one that has it already integrated needs to update. It’s only for those who are just adding it fresh or needing a new session token.

Thanks @343max and @Scythe for the quick turn around. The new fix worked perfectly, and I have this up and running.

I am added this as device tracker and I am noticing it jump between home and away, while I am sitting here at home. Is there anything I can do to stablize this? I tried to adjust the time is checks the api by changing the value from 60 to 120 but it did not seem to make a difference. Anything else I can try?

@Scythe

What is your consider_home set to? Can’t say I’ve had similar issues :confused:

So my consider_home in my configuration.yaml file is set to 300. I have tried to increase and decrease that value and it really did not seem to matter what I set it at, the device tracker would flip from home to away.

Configuration.yaml:
# eero device tracker
- platform: eero_tracker
consider_home: 300
interval_seconds: 60

I did some digging and I noticed you can override the value for consider_home by setting it in the known_devices.yaml and that seems to be working. When connected to WIFI, it stays on home now instead of flipping back and forth.

known_devices.yaml
android:
hide_if_away: false
icon:
mac: ##:##:##:##:##:##
name: Android
picture:
consider_home: 300
track: true

Thanks for your help!