Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

Hi @all,

I tried to read carefully this topic from the beginning, not easy to follow all the information in it.

I have 3 shutters with elero solotel remote : I guess it is what is called here the old “one-way version”.

I bought two years ago the “elero transmitter stick” thinking it would be compatible by default… Oops… I never managed to program any shutter in it, and I abandoned it during months…

Now that I have installed home assistant a few months ago, I wanted to give it another try… But I read here the confirmation that the elero transmitter stick is not compatible with such one-way protocol.

So the good news for you, maybe, is that I have this transmitter to sell… I used it maybe two hours in two years… Who is interested ? The price will be the price I bought it : 133€ (with the original invoice). No more, even if it can be considered as collector…

My remaining question is : is there a way to control my one-way shutters with home assistant ? I read about a possible alternative “Mediola gateway + mediola2mqtt” but would it be compatible with one-way protocol ? If yes, what version(s) of the gateway ? I see that mediola2mqtt is discontinued but if it is the only solution I have, I am open.

Maybe another possible solution (verified would be great) with another stick based on the CC1101 868 MHz module to control one-way shutters ?

If the answers are already in this topic, please guide me to them.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no solution for it. I tried to decode the protocol, but I didn’t succeed. I know some parts of it, like the manchester coding and basic frame structure, but I failed to understand the encryption. I have a mixed system and TempoTel 2 remotes that support both communication standards - a CC1101 would be sufficient if we were to understand the protocol.

The Mediola Gateway doesn’t support it either and the manufacturer doesn’t provide a solution either (neither the protocol nor any other integration).

Ok thanks for your answer.

Do you have any document about the protocol/encryption or did you “only” tried some reverse engineering ?

I guess the last solution will be to find a zigbee-controlled mechanical switch to push the buttons of the original remote :slight_smile:

There is an FCC document on the protocol, but it’s missing the details. I can post a link once I’m back home.

In addition, I have a few sigrok traces (I hooked a logic analyzer to the SPI bus of the TempoTel remote) and I wrote a custom protocol decoder to get the raw bytes.

I can put that up in the next few days if you want to give it a shot.

Pushing the buttons is simple, just hook up an optocoupler in parallel the buttons and use any relay you want.

No, you do not need to spend that much money. Just buy a used mediola gateway for example on eBay. You can get those for some 70€.
Additionally, the Weinor remotes are a subset of Somy to my knowledge, at least is it advertised as such.
Lastly, you also could install a Shelly plus 2.5pm (some 40€) to control it.

I only found a MEDIOLA AIO Gateway V5 > will this work with elero TempoTel 2 868 Mhz (No. 9002231204.51 - 26 255.0001 1213)

Depends on the motor, not only on the remote. If your Elero motor is bidirectional, yes. If it’s unidirectional then no. You can see that on the display, if there is a one-headed arrow it’s a unidirectional motor, if it’s a double-headed arrow it’s a bidirectional motor. Keep in mind that you might have a mixed system with different types of motors, I have one … :frowning:

Every motor has the bidirectional arrows…so the V5 will work?

grafik

It should, but please keep in mind that you need mediola2mqtt for the HA integration which is discontinued!

thank you, but difficult to understand, if I buy the Gateway V5 now, can I control my shutters from HA?

No. The Mediola is completely independent and a smart home control system in its own right (check their website). I wrote an MQTT bridge in Python some time ago (mediola2mqtt) that bridges the Mediola to HA (gateway v4, but I have positive reports about v5 and v6 gateways). However, it’s a bit hacky and I’m replacing all wireless Elero motors by wired ones + a separate wireless module so I stopped working on this software. There might be a fork that’s still under active maintenance, Idk.

Which elero motors do you have? Look into the compatibility list of mediola on their web page. I used a mediola v5 for controlling my roltops. Since I have the 15 channel Transmitter stick, I used it to integrate those roltops into HA. But that is only rudimentary because a lot of options like changing the mode from auto to manual etc. are missing… My mediola V5 is working and depending on where you are from (shipping costs) I am willing to sell it to you.
Bernt

Hi guys, currently I’m forcing problems with the “Elero Home Assistant” integration.
But step by step. I’m moving from OpenHab to Home Assistant now. In my old ecosystem everything worked, now I want to get it working with HA the same way…

I’m using an RasPi4 which is connected via USB (ttyUSB0) with the Elero USB Transmitter Stick. HA (Hardware) will show that the Stick is found.

Now I tried to install " home-assistant-elero" via HACS which worked fine. Then I followed the steps in the readme … also the ser2net stuff… but I’m not able to discover the stick within the devices/integration page… I’m also not able to see any failure logs…

Do you have any ideas what I can test…?

Thanks

Welcome Tom31!
I also added the elero stick. Key was the change of log and thereby the identification of the stick serialnumber.
That was then added to the config. In my case it reads:

elero:
    transmitters:
        - serial_number: ANZ1RVK5
          baudrate: 38400
          bytesize: 8
          parity: 'N'
          stopbits: 1

Thereafter all worked fine. Now I can control my 12 elero roltops thru HA, except change of mode (auto /manual)…
Did you change the loglevel and do you have the serialnumber as described in the documentation?

Cheers Bernt

Hi Bernt,
thanks for you reply. So the advanced logging in the configuration wont worked for me. I got the Serial via the Hardware Menü. Hopefully this ist also eine?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Bernt,

does this also work with the newest HA Version for you? Maybe here ist the gap … don’t know…?

Hi Tom! I am using the current HA version, all is fine. I only had to reload the integration once…
Add your sticks serial (looks good) to the Config as shown in my post and give it a try…

I did a little try and error and it’s still a little bit strange… Until now I’m not able to identify the device itself but If I add an role shutter they will be found (so final I am able to use the role shutters)…

Thanks so far

I was not looking for the device itself. In the device list you only see the hacs integration.
Also I added my roller shutters. But it is working!
Good luck further on!

Does anyone know If this this stick is also supported?

Was it possible to find out from the documentation whether the devices use the Easywave protocol?

I think the transmitters shown above are quite expensive.