Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

Hi,

thank you for contacting me. There is not any delay in the elero lib. The HA system coordinates the scheduling. Unfortunately, sometimes it happens that the request of this lib is delayed because of other requests in the system. You can verify it in the HA system log.

Hi István,

thanks for the quick reply. I think it is not a big deal. If you know it, you can handle it :wink: Thanks again for the great work!

Dear all

First things first, so big thanks to @istvan.szirtes for the effort to bring Elero to HA. I was using it under another smarthome solution before my server crashed twice in short period.

From the logs I can see that my elero stick is recognized correctly. But for some reason I’m not able to complete the setup by defining a cover section in the configuration.yaml. The section is there but HA complains after startup.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/elero/__init__.py:150
Integration: elero (documentation)
First occurred: 11. April 2023 um 23:23:53 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11. April 2023 um 23:23:53

Error during setup of component elero
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 256, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/elero/__init__.py", line 150, in setup
    transmitters_config = elero_config.get(CONF_TRANSMITTERS)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

My current gues is, that the pairing between the Elero receiver and the stick could be lost as it was not powered for a longer period of time.
But maybe I’m completly wrong :frowning:

Regards
Stefan

Have a look at this - you can build your own device solution for a few $/€s

2 Likes

Hi @smhswiss,

thanks for this report. Interesting. I’ve had it running continuously for 5 years and nothing like this has ever happened. The question is why is it not powered for a long time? Please describe your system and the situation. Thanks,

But, it seems that the config file is not loaded. What happens if you reload your whole system?

Hi @ all!

I am searching for a possibilty to control my Weinor awning (Opal Design II) via HomeAssistant.
As I can see the USB transmitter stick from elero is no longer available online.

Has anyone an idea for me how to solve my “problem”?!

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi @istvan.szirtes

Thank you for the reply on my issue. The reason why the stick was not powered, is due to the fact that my former openhab server crashed and therefore was shutdown for several months. Before I built up a new system based on HA.

So basically everything on my System is newly loaded.

Regards
Stefan

Hi all. Some days ago my elero transmitter stick stopped working and it took me some hours to bring it back to life. During this process I also searched online for a new one and there are no sticks available for sale anymore. My problem was just software based (thanks god) but still the scenario came into my mind that one day my stick breaks down and it cannot be replaced. Hence the question: What alternatives can we use to control the elero shutters via HA?

Thanks for your feedbacks!

1. Buy a (used) Mediola - it supports up to 15 Elero blinds. Downside: You need to use either my discontinued mediola2mqtt or integrate it yourself into HA (HTTP API calls)
  2. Build your own based on an ESP or similar MCU and a TI CC1101 module as mentioned just a few posts above yours in Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products - #189 by harryw However, as of now, there is no HA integration but MQTT should suffice.

With the home made solution and some code it should be possible to emulate a complete Elero USB transmitter stick.

Thanks @ andyboeh! My programming skills for option 2 are limited and as of now the stick is still working. I guess sooner or later we have to come up with a practical soution to integration f.e. the ESP32 solution into HA without the need of beeing a programmer :slight_smile:, due to the fact that the stick is not available anymore.

Yes. One option that would be really nice for me is the following:

• addition of Elero to CUL (CUN)
  • CUL support for HA

The CUL is a small MCU + CC1101 module developed for FHEM that speaks a lot of different RF protocols. I have a converted MAX! cube with three radio modules, that would cover Somfy RTS and Elero in one device.

That’s going to be a huge task, maybe I’ll have the time to look into this in autumn.

1 Like

Those are mediola AIO V5 to V6 boxes They directly control eleros roltop etc.

I have a Weinor “BiRec MVLED” receiver, which controls the shade and volant (shade in fornt) with the elero VarioTel 2, 5-channel hand-held transmitter looks like this one
can control.

My question now is, is it possible to use this integration from elero to control the shade + volant and which stick/gateway do I need exactly?

Yes you can bind many elero-motors (not all) into Yubii-Home (or in a HomeCenter 3!).
These devices are recognized in HA and can be used but only “Open”, “Stop” and “Close”.
Intermediate position/Tilt position is not covered by the fibaro binding.
I think this is because of the other actions the elero motors use than the normal fibaro roller-shutter 3.
To support all these within the fibaro binding I think it needs a rework/extension for that.

@MelleD if you want this you can only use the Elero Transmitter Stick or the CenteroHome (Mediola Gateway v5/6) afaik. With YubiiHome it isn’t working atm!

1 Like

Unfortunately the Stick is no longer manufactured :frowning:
also I think the Gateway v5, correct?

Yes, that is true. The v6 is maintained if I am correctly. Sadly I don’t know when it will be possible to control the Weinor BiRec MVLED with a YubiiHome. Further I don’t know who maintains the fibaro binding and how much time requirement is needed to perhaps adapt the elero functions into this binding. :frowning:

For the fact that I only have one device, the prices for the gateway are already high :frowning:

if you want this you can only use the Elero Transmitter Stick or the CenteroHome (Mediola Gateway v5/6) afaik

I just got awning installed and it comes with this remote (Weinor BiEasy 5M).
I gues I’m in the same shoes and Mediola Gateway v6 is the only way to integrate with HA? Is this the only place to buy it shop - mediola - connected living AG? €549.00 feels way too expensive for what it is and I probably don’t need the extra license they bundle in but couldn’t find anywhere else. Also has anyone confirmed the gateway works with weinor remote? I wouldn’t want to spend €500+ just to find that it won’t work.

I don’t exactly know where to buy the gateway. Elero Centero Home Gateway I found this one. But I don’t know how trustworthy this page is etc. The important thing is that the Art-Nr. (from elero) of the gateway is 288060001 like you can see on the page.

And yes if the awning works with the BiEasy 5M it should work with the CenteroHome too :slight_smile:

I get the information from Weinor, that you need the Yubii Home.
"
Warning: Not all products are 100% compatible yet.

As of today: Compatible with BiRec MA and BiRec HD
expected by the end of this year: BiRec MLED, MVLE
"

So I have to wait.