Elero USB Transmitter to control Elero and Weinor products

I bought mine in Germany and this shop still has some (according to the website) - send me a PM if you want the link.

I sold mine in favor of a cheaper solution: I use a (used) Mediola v4 gateway to control Elero blinds. The integration into Home Assistant is done with mediola2mqtt (I’m the author of mediola2mqtt).

2 Likes

Additionally, the new Yubii Home should get released soon. I didn’t find details yet, but maybe it will also then work with Home Assistant.

Interesting device, I didn’t know about it! Judging from the manual, it is like a Fibaro Home Center with additional radio modules.

As far as I understand it is the successor of the Fibaro systems, so really quite similar.
Will be interested if it can be integrated into Home Assistant.

Yubii (by NICE) = Fibaro + Elero,
NICE bought Elero and already owned Fibaro and now creates a new system that can integrate both…

Hi,

Recently I got 4 Elero bidirectional shutters that I’d like to integrate in HA. I’ve found the Elero Centero USB stick on a German store, however I was wondering if I should buy a mediola A.I.O Gateway V5 instead. What are pros and cons of them? What would you do for my use case?

Thanks!

With the Elero transmitter, you get better position feedback. The Mediola is not constantly on receive, so the state of the shutters is wrong if you use another remote. For me, this is not an issue because I do not use other remotes. From the software side, setting up the mediola implementation might require some more work, depending on how you run Home Assistant.

Thank you for your prompt reply! I believe I will go for the Elero USB stick because at home we’ll also use the standard remote.

Hi guys,

I got the Elero USB stick and I was able to integrate it, however I’m experiencing a weird behavior in the sense that the commands sometimes lag. It takes a few seconds for the cover to react after I’ve executed the action in HA.

What do you think would be the cause?

Thanks!

Hello, I’m also experiencing delay, however my stick is brand new (or at least I hope so), moreover if I control the cover from the buttons on the stick it works fine. What else could I try to solve the issue?

Update
I believe I’ve found the cause of the issue. Basically in the configuration.yaml file I configured 4 channels, however I only had 1 channel bound in my stick. I’ve now commented the non-bound 3 channels and the integration started working fine! :slight_smile:

Hello, any tips what would be the easiest setup:

• Intel Nuc with Proxmox and Iobroker in the cellar

My elero blinds are on the first floor. What should I use to get them into Iobroker?

• Raspberry PI with HAS in the first floor and Elero USB Transmitter

• mediola2mqtt with Mediola AIO Gateway v4? As far as I understand could I install this mediola2mqtt tool into a proxmox container and linkt the signals from the Mediola box direktly by mqtt to iobroker?

I have just started with HASS and therefore iobroker is needed at the moment until I have completely switched to HASS

Update: I ordered a Mediola V4 Gateway and will try mediola2mqtt

Hi,

Would anyone know if the ‘whisper’ mode of the Elero Rolmotion 868 is supported?

Thank you

Hi all - first many thanks to @istvan.szirtes and the other contributors for the excellent work.
I have an issue on my configuration which I don’t know how to solve.
I have two types of covers: venetian blinds and roller shutter.
On my configuration, when I call cover.open_cover_tilt:

• the venetian blind moves to ventilation/tilt state
  • the roller shutter moves to intermediate state

My configuration for these two covers:

cover:
  - platform: elero
    covers:
      parents_fenetre_gauche:
        serial_number: AU00TTOF
        name: 'ParentsFenG'
        channel: 4
        device_class: roller shutter
        supported_features:
          - up
          - down
          - stop
          - set_position
          - open_tilt
          - close_tilt
      chambre_margaux:
        serial_number: AU00TTOF
        name: 'ChambreMargaux'
        channel: 6
        device_class: venetian blind
        supported_features:
          - up
          - down
          - stop
          - set_position
          - open_tilt
          - close_tilt
          - stop_tilt
          - set_tilt_position

Many thanks in advance for your help.

@Sciss66 I am not 100% sure, but it is depends on the pre-programed position on your devices.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

there is a new release v3.2.2 which contains some improvements like unique id!
Please try it and share your findings.

Thanks,
István

1 Like

This works pretty perfect! Thank you so so much for your work! :slight_smile:

I am wondering if someone got already Elero Centero Home working.

Its already hard to get an USB Stick and its not much cheaper then the Home.

Further more I have fears that when the stick gets broken somewhen in future - its getting even worse with the availability and price of the stick

The Centero used to be a rebranded Mediola. There is my mediola2mqtt integration that could support it.

Having a backup would definitely be a smart idea. Do you know which Mediola product would potentially work with Elero? Can you share a link or exact product name?

Nearly all, IIRC. I have a Mediola v4 and a v4+, the v5 and v6 should also work. I don’t like it and use it for Elero only, but they can be found for 20 Euro second-hand (the v4).

Hello all,

first of all thanks to @istvan.szirtes for the really great work! But now my problem. I know this should be resolved because i found a closed issue but i have a really similar issue. When i press “up”, “down” or whatever, sometimes the shutters need some seconds (4-5) until they get the command and start moving.

This is not all the Time. Sometimes the shutter is getting the command immediatelly. (more or less) I used FHEM before with the same Stick (original Elero Transmitter Stick) and it worked really good without any delays in sending commands.

So my question would be if there is any kind of “sleep” or “timeout” after sending a command until the next can be send? Or other question. Does anyone have the same experience and/or a solution for that?

Thanks for all hints!