Emulated Hue not working any more 0.98.1

Recently my HA devices don’t work any more in/with Alexa.

All of those devices are emulated with emulated hue.

Before I start digging, is this a known issue?

I’m in 0.98.1 but I think it started with 0.98.

Mine have appeared to be inconsistent since .98.

I haven’t figured out what is going on yet, but sometimes they work fine and sometimes Alexa can’t find the devices.

Also it seems Alexa has trouble discovering devices now.

Do you get an error in home assistant? Did not find one in the logs containing emulated hue. This makes it harder to open an issue.

Hi guys,

Check this thread I linked, you are not alone and there is conversations regarding this already. It’s not HA but rather Amazon that has problems (and maybe emulated_hue)

1 Like

No errors at all.

Just dropping in to say I skipped 98 and 98.1 due to being busy, but I’ve just updated to 98.2 and my emulated_hue is working fine.

What firmware are you running? We’ve narrowed it down to the latest firmware by amazon appears to be broken for phillips hue gen 1 bridges (what emulated hue emulates). Also, amazon is aware and working on it.

See this post specifically.

EDIT: Should also clarify that there is 2 versions of the firmware that ‘appear’ to be broken. An North American version and an EU version. Both are listed in that thread.

1 Like

641575220 - most up to date one for the UK (we’re always way behind here for reasons unknown, follow-up mode took more than 9 months to get to us after it was launched everywhere else iirc)

That’s the version I’m on and it works for me. I’m avoiding the update