Energy: Add fixed daily cost

Feeds in perfectly. I use the daily cost and usage which isn’t to far out to what my provider is showing.

1 Like

My energy dashboard (this is based on @sean.mcgee’s solution, but modified to be 0.001kWh per daily charge instead of 1kWh… so it doesn’t skew the charts):

how you did it, we have the same system in my country and I need to know how for my project.

As above.
I added two helpers to set both tariffs.
Another helper to set the “first target value” ( for me, its the first 2kwh at high price, then remaining at low price)

I then have a template to switch over to tariff two once the 2kwh has been reached

can you explain to me step by step, which type of helper u are used and what you did with automation because just I used home assistant from week ago

Hi, apologies for the late reply but I’ve done a step by step ‘how-to’ - HERE

Please let me know your thoughts… Hope it helps!

Unfortunately, i am getting an error

2022-05-08 19:37:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template warning: 'as_timestamp' got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{{ (((as_timestamp(states
('sensor.date_time_iso')) / 3600)-1652016564) | int) / 1000}}' but no default was specified. Currently 'as_timestamp' will return 'None', however this template will fail to render in Ho
me Assistant core 2022.6

My template is:

- name: "Fixed Charges"
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    device_class: energy
    state_class: total_increasing
    state: >-
      {{ (((as_timestamp(states('sensor.date_time_iso')) / 3600)-1652016564) | int) / 1000}}

attributes:
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'