Energy cost displays as Euro instead of local currency

I love the (relatively) new Energy Management feature, but I have noticed that the Energy costs are displayed as Euros instead of kroner (I’m in Norway).

The numbers are correct - but the currency prefix is wrong. See snip below, it should read kr 12,90 and kr 5,94 instead of 12,90 and 5,94. Is there something I can do to fix this? I’ve checked regional setting for my user, and they seem ok.

1 Like

Read here to change it-

Go to Configuration —> General —> Currency —> Type NOK.

To find other currency’s abbreviation, go to here.

4 Likes

Ah, yes, thank you. Looked in the wrong places for that setting. I should probably RTFM… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve changed to GBR but now all my energy cost values are Zero !!!
It worked fine when it was set to Euro. Hmmm.

I just happened to notice an error in my logs about this as I was having the same issue. Since HA defaults to your currency being Euros, when you change it to your local currency it throws an error about historical data not matching.

(USD) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (EUR). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to EUR

I’m not sure how to change this to reset the data without losing my historical energy data though. Wish that it prompted about setting a currency as I didn’t even know it defaulted to EUR.

1 Like

I have the same …

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder
Source: components/sensor/recorder.py:465
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 23:10:10 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:10:10

The unit of sensor.dailyimport_offpeak_cost (GBP) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (EUR). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to EUR
The unit of sensor.dailyimport_peak_cost (GBP) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (EUR). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to EUR
The unit of sensor.dailyexport_compensation (GBP) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (EUR). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to EUR

There appears to be a solution here … Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back - #14 by MaxVRAM

using the statistics tab under the developer tools, & clicking on ‘fix’.